Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fawking emissions testing!

I have 3 cars, and NOT ONE OF THEM can pass emissions

The coupe throws an engine code because there's something wrong with the wiring for the O2 sensors.

The Bronco is an EFI engine with headers for a carbuerated engine and a hole somewhere in the exhaust.

And the wagon, well i dont know WTF is wrong with it but the HC count is like 5 times the legal limit. This is after I replaced the cat last week because it was 8x the limit.

AARRRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!

I guess there was one good thing about mississippi.
    Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
    Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
    I'M DEBT FREE!!
    I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

I sense your current total debt is about to move in the wrong direction.
    Spent so far: $1,755
    Check Out My Work Log for Specs/Pics
    CarPC Progress[!!!!!!!!!!!!!!].....Installation[---------+].....Pastrami Progress[!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]
    Don't mess with Texas.
    It's not nice to pick on retards!

Comment

Look into Mass air pressure/flow sensor on the wagon. You're probably running rich.
      Audio Rockford Fosgate: 900 Watt 4-channel amp, 501bd Mono amp
      Computer AMD 2400+ XP, 1 GB DDR RAM, Orbit Micro 250W DC-DC PSU

Head units are for cheaters!
      sure some girls fake orgasms.....but it's guys like me who fake the whole relationship

Comment

:-D my explorer BAIRLY passed smog the fagget at the smog shop took 20 minz to find my exhaust because i dont have a tail pipe in the end he goes umm where is ur exhaust? i was like look under it and then he starts complinaing lol it was funny :-D

replace ur o2 sensor for ur bronco and then try :-D

Comment

i failed emissions too...damn when i got my engine replaced my distributor was bad or something...didnt pass cuz of trouble codes..i paid 300 to have a new distributor put in and after 4 days the check engine light returns! on my way to emissions! ****! lol now they said if it ****s up again it might be my camshaft. oh lord! that means the engine will have to come back out..i hate this ****!
          i got dat ***** sittin on 22s! SUPERMAN EDITION!

Comment

Originally posted by EsKALad
            i failed emissions too...damn when i got my engine replaced my distributor was bad or something...didnt pass cuz of trouble codes..i paid 300 to have a new distributor put in and after 4 days the check engine light returns! on my way to emissions! ****! lol now they said if it ****s up again it might be my camshaft. oh lord! that means the engine will have to come back out..i hate this ****!
            This was an escalade? Haha.

To replace a camshaft you don't need to pull the engine.

sure some girls fake orgasms.....but it's guys like me who fake the whole relationship

Comment

yeah but the engine is brand new and still under warrantee through the gm dealer...they still gotta do alot of work to replace it..im not payn ****! and if it is the cam shaft the dealer has to replace my original distributor for free..so i might get my 300 back!
              i got dat ***** sittin on 22s! SUPERMAN EDITION!

Comment

u sure it's the "wiring" for the O2 sensors? You are probably better of just rplacing them ...

make sure ur cars have been running for at least 15-30 minutes before u take the test ... drive em around.

also, im assuming you kno its ' a hole in your exhuast cuz its 1000x louder now
                [ 5-spd 1996 M A X i M A SE ]

Comment

took the wagon to the dealership, told 'em that I had replaced everything I knew that might be causing it.

Yeah, um, it's got broken valves on the #2 and #4 cylinders, and my emission control module is bad

$1975 plus the wonderful 10% sales tax we have here.

So, anyone wanna buy a saturn station wagon?
                  I'M DEBT FREE!!

Comment

Originally posted by edrex
                    I sense your current total debt is about to move in the wrong direction.
                    negative. I will not borrow money again. ever.

Originally posted by nadir_s
                    u sure it's the "wiring" for the O2 sensors? You are probably better of just rplacing them ...
                    I replaced both of them shortly after I had the engine replaced, and it still throws that code (for both of them)
                    I'M DEBT FREE!!

Comment

Originally posted by wizardPC
                      took the wagon to the dealership, told 'em that I had replaced everything I knew that might be causing it.

Yeah, um, it's got broken valves on the #2 and #4 cylinders, and my emission control module is bad

$1975 plus the wonderful 10% sales tax we have here.

So, anyone wanna buy a saturn station wagon?
                      Time to buy some tools and get dirty!

Comment

Time for an engine swap
                        PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                        GammaControl v2.4
                        SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Originally posted by 0l33l
                          Time for an engine swap
                          If I was still in starkville, I'd be right there with you. The engine swap I did on the coupe was $1200 for the engine and labor. But now I'm in the big bad city, and shops here charge out the ying yang for crap like that.

I think I'm just gonna take the parts I need for the coupe off the wagon and see how far that gets me. Then I'll sell the wagon at a carmax type place or the salvage yard. In a couple months I'll trade the coupe in on some $6000 honda or something with less than 100k on it.

I'm not gonna pick the car myself. I dont seem to have much luck with that

heck, maybe I'll even keep the coupe. If, that is, I can get it to pass emissions--but Ive got a few months for that.
                          I'M DEBT FREE!!

Comment

Here's what one of the kids at my school did. He has this modded 97 Civic. No cats, no EGR, etc. And he wanted to pass emissions to be able to drive it on the streets. I told him to find a civic that was the same year and swap in your VIN on the dash. No one checks for VINs on the engine, esp. on hondas
                            PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                            GammaControl v2.4
                            SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

yeah I'll remember to do that if I ever feel like going to jail for something really stupid
                              I'M DEBT FREE!!

Comment

Working...
                              X