Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's it....I'm going to Law School

<====completely ****ed off

go to www.wkrn.com and scroll down to "featured videos" and watch the one titled "Girl who stabbed classmate with comb put in state custody"

It's **** like that that makes me want to be a lawyer for children. The girl OBVIOUSLY didnt intend to commit assault and battery, she's 13 for Christ's sake. This zero tolerance bull**** has got to stop, and there is no reason anyone should spend THREE YEARS IN JAIL for poking someone in the ear. Yes, it was stupid. Yes, I think the boy got hurt. How many of you poked someone in the ear when you were that age (or got poked, we're mostly geeks here so I'll bet that we got picked on more than the average Joe)?

This **** is absolutely ridiculous. I got totally screwed over by my school as a teenager--mostly because I didnt know my rights or have a decent lawyer. I got expelled for having a "weapon" in my car--a tire iron....in the trunk.....of my car.....next to the spare tire and jack.....parked a half mile from the school....

And the media characterizing this as a "stabbing" is completely out of line.

So, I'm gonna pay of that 30 grand in 18 months, and 36 months after that I will pay cash for law school. Then I will take on any and every school board I feel is trampling the rights of students in the name of safety--especially the ones that kick out students because their parents refuse to medicate them.

And I'll do it for free. Corporate law will pay the bills. This crap has got to stop. NOW.
    Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
    Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
    I'M DEBT FREE!!
    I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Agreed - from a student.
    ~H. Charles
    cardomain.com/id/harlanc04

Comment

Did you make threats with the tie iron? hmm I still have no reason why I got kick out of school. I was 15 years old they didnt give me a reason. Hell some of the star players did heavy drugs. They never got kicked out. Parents must of been big donaters. One day I came to class,got called to the office. Told me I couldnt come back. Dam private schools! My grades were bad. I think thats why I got kicked out. Cant have any bad apples @ oak grove. That was my saddest day to this day. Couple of years ago.

But anyway. Im surpised at some of the stuff going on at local highschools. Like spitting on someone gets you a assault or battery charge! Hell when I went to school. You could beat the other person up and sit in detention.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunmaster
        But anyway. Im surpised at some of the stuff going on at local highschools. Like spitting on someone gets you a assault or battery charge! Hell when I went to school. You could beat the other person up and sit in detention.
        I hate it how my school tries to be politically correct. I hit this ni**er with a la cross stick AFTER HE WAS CHASING ME, and I got suspended for a day (7th grade). Then in 10th grade this white kid throws a ball rigth at my face, intentionally, from like 3 feet away while I was facing the other way. Good thing that I had a golie stick in my hand... I chased that ************ down and gave him a nice wack right into his spine. I didn't even get a lunch duty for that
        PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
        GammaControl v2.4
        SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

You should be a lawyer for Child Protective Services then...
          2005 Black Chevy Impala
          Current Status: Installed in Vehicle/Testing 75%

Comment

Originally posted by 0l33l
            I got suspended for a day
            My school made it so that if your cell phone goes off in class, you get a day of in school suspension. Most of the teachers are pretty cool about it though.
            My Carputer! (More Car Pics at the end)
            2 Kicker Comp 10"
            Epia M-9000, 256 MB DDR, 120 Gig HD
            Lilliput 7" VGA Touchscreen
            Check it out?!

Comment

My school is incredibly leniant compared to your guys' - my elementary school wasnt I pushed a kid a grade above me and he fell over, my family got sued and I sat in detention for a week... Lame.
              ~H. Charles
              cardomain.com/id/harlanc04

Comment

dude thats ****ed up if i pushed a kid and he tried to sue i'd kick his parents' *** for trying to sue a child, grow some balls geez

anything short of a homicide in my school was cool, or at least, we got away with it

Comment

Dude, that girl WITH A HISTORY stabs a kid in the ear with a sharpened comb and you're defending her? She OBVIOUSLY did intend to do what she did, it was no accident. If you dont punish her, nobody will ever learn.

There's no way you got suspended for having a tire iron sitting in your trunk with nothing more. If that is true, then every highschool could suspend every student that has ever driven to school. Nearly every one of them has the means to change their tire, including a tire iron.

I, too, got suspended from school (5th grade, I believe) because some black kid picked a fight with me and (now this is a direct quote from the principal) "We cannot just suspend the black kid." There were 3 members of the school board who happen to be walking by at the time and saw everything, totally supported my side of the story that the kid simply jumped me, and I knew not to fight back, just to leave the situation and get help. And yet I still spent the next couple days home from school.

If nobody teaches the kids not to fight back by stabbing someone in the ear, this is what happens. You cant throw the parents in jail, or the teachers, when something like this happens, but it's clearly their ineptitude that leads to these things. Sucks that the girl didn't know not to attempt to permanently deafen her annoying classmate, but that doesn't mean she's above the law.

edit: I forgot to mention. I just finished my second year of law school.
                  A car without turbo is a car with perpetual lag.

My Ride
                  My New Page

Comment

Originally posted by maxxell
                    ...There's no way you got suspended for having a tire iron sitting in your trunk with nothing more. If that is true, then every highschool could suspend every student that has ever driven to school. Nearly every one of them has the means to change their tire, including a tire iron.
                    Well, there was the part where I was sleeping with the guidance counselor (and she was married, too). And since she was the one who initiated the search of my vehicle.....

But yes I was kicked out for only having a tire iron in my car. It's not like they could expel me for being a victim of that woman. Hell, I was 17, I didnt know then that I wasnt the one doing something wrong. I didnt want to get in trouble, and it took me 3 years to realize that I would not have gotten in trouble if I had told the people in charge what was going on. Not that they wouldve believed me anyway, I had just been found with a weapon "at school."

See how sneaky people can be?
                    I'M DEBT FREE!!

Comment

Sounds to me like your tire iron incident was an excuse to get rid of you. Was the guidance counselor worth it?
                      A car without turbo is a car with perpetual lag.

My Ride
                      My New Page

Comment

Sounds to me like your tire iron incident was an excuse to get rid of you. Was the guidance counselor worth it?
                        You're exactly right, and nope (but she was a hottie!)
                        I'M DEBT FREE!!

Comment

Wow, schools in florida we got you all beat.

Wear flip flops or any open back shoe? FULL DAY of detention. Think about that. What shoes you wear now dictate whether you learn for the day or not. So the school who is hellbent on getting kids smarter (standardized testing and no child left behind, GO **** YOURSELF) doesnt care about the students. It would rather punish a student by removing them from learning and putting them in detention, because of shoes.

If you are caught outside of school by a cop and they see you are under 18, they take you back to school where you sit in detention for the rest of the day... so again kid didnt want to learn and now you at least helped him with that cause, i guess. Or if the cop wants, he can take you to the juvie hall for the day.

When I was 7th grade (in new england), in a K-8 school of 450 people so I knew all 50 of my classmates for years, the "*****" of our class was going thru my bag while i was up at the teachers desk. So as I walk back to my desk I see this, she doesnt see me, I grab my pencil on my desk and stab her in her fat arm. She says ow and goes back to her seat. Later that day Im called to the principal's office to be reprimanded I was sure. I get there and she is there pointing at her "red spot" on her arm. Cuz she was so fat, I didnt break the skin but the red dot was evidence enough I did hit her. So I was suspended for ONE DAY! ONE FREEKING DAY!

When I moved to Florida for high school I asked the assistan principals about what would have happened to me had I been in a florida school. They said "IMMEDIATE EXPULSION FOREVER".

The differences in school systems is staggering. But maybe it was jsut the times. Because today, no matter where you go, High School is a jail to keep the hooligans and evil teenagers away from modern society so that they may NOT wreak havoc like they so want to.

The assumption students dont want to learn, or that teens are just plain BAD people, is getting on my nerves. It is NOT justified in every situation, but it is the norm to treat students like this ever since Columbine... (or even earlier, i dunno)
                          (All done)
                          iPad Mini 128GB, RF 600.5 amp, JL12W0V2, 8 Infinity Components

Comment

There's no way you got suspended for having a tire iron sitting in your trunk with nothing more. If that is true, then every highschool could suspend every student that has ever driven to school. Nearly every one of them has the means to change their tire, including a tire iron.
                            I guess I'd be the only one not suspended/expelled from school
                            PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                            GammaControl v2.4
                            SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Aww heck.
                              "Back in my day" we did things that REAL men do! Like play Doom II on the high school's new network! 1 week in the principals office.
                              http://www.jeepmp3.com/
                              CarPC Stolen. Starting over.
                              Ne1 recognize the avatar?

Comment

Working...
                              X