Somebody must make these....right?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somebody must make these....right?

This is way off topic but I've been looking for something that I'm sure is out there but I cant seem to find any. Basically I'm building a modular booth that is to be assembled in the field (quickly). The problem here is that all the walls need to be pre wired with 110/220 electrical outlets. Right now you bolt the walls together then have an electrician wire each prewired wall together. This is a huge waste of time when some sort of heavy duty "contact" could be used, much like a battery contact on small electronics. Does anyone out there know if these exist and if not..why?

Why not use some of the big twist to lock plugs, basically a small cord coming out of each wall that plugs into a socket in the rest. I don't believe you will find anything like the picture that will meet electrical codes.

Comment

I'm thinking they may not pass code? You are looking for higher amperage brush type contacts, correct?
      2000 Subaru OBS

Dell P3 @ 900 Mhz
      7" Lilliput TS w/DigitalWW in-dash mount
      80GB External HD

I am Zero Bitrate....

Comment

for the most part yes...just a quicker way to connect power between the panels that doesn't require an electrician. I suppose I could just use a plug, but I had dreams of it being a hands off type of connection.

Comment

Well what about the sparks?
          I GIVE FREE HUGS!
          Buy Sell or Trade
          If my pm box is full, please feel free to call me any time. 440-328-3382
          Thank you
          Forex
          Rate Mp3car @ FXroot.com

Comment

the power would be off while you assemble it.

Comment

Even so it still won't meet code. There are some large amperage 120v connectors, pull the fuser out of a laser printer and look at the connectors for the heater in it. You can get those large connectors, but since they are no standard building electrical connectors they still won't pass an electrical inspection

Comment

some sort of heavy guage plugs between the walls might pass considering this sounds like a temporary thing, just get the the plugs and recepticles from home depot, the ones they use on the electric dryers and stoves. that should be able to handle some high amperage current

Comment

found the perfect thing, molex part number 19403-1300

Comment

Working...
                  X