paypal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paypal

Hey I am from Canada and I am having a problem or two with pay pal.
    I am 16 and I donít bring in much money (450 for 3 days of work every other week) anyway when I see something either on eBay or online that I want to buy they usually only accept pay pal, well for me it takes almost 2 weeks for a transfer from my bank to go true pay pal, and by then what I want is usually gone. Anyway I was wondering if anyone knew any tricks to lessen this time? or even a way around it. Any help would be appreciated, but like I said I donít make allot of money so I canít tie it all up sitting in my pay pal account. Thanks to all

-Lane Gelfand

Not quite sure how it works for you, but when I pay by paypal, I do not have anything on it, it just automatically takes money off of my bank account and it comes through at a later date. At the same time I do have my paypal account backed by my checking account AND a credit card, so that that's what is doing the trick for me.
    I have found you an argument; I am not obliged to find you an understanding.

Comment

if the money is in the account it wont matter becase paypal will show the item as being payed once you have clicked "send payment" and the seller knows that funds are en-route. About the whole item going thing, if there is something you want and it ends before you get paid contact the seller and ask if they will wait till your payday for payment, tell them what date that will be and be polite, i have used that many times before and no seller has ever said no
      www.streetrace.co.uk - The UK's best modified car club (With lots of 16/17/18 year olds for scouse to abuse)

Comment

Originally posted by elmo
        if the money is in the account it wont matter becase paypal will show the item as being payed once you have clicked "send payment" and the seller knows that funds are en-route. About the whole item going thing, if there is something you want and it ends before you get paid contact the seller and ask if they will wait till your payday for payment, tell them what date that will be and be polite, i have used that many times before and no seller has ever said no

So your the guy I'm still waiting for payment from for my bumper

Comment

do apologise
          www.streetrace.co.uk - The UK's best modified car club (With lots of 16/17/18 year olds for scouse to abuse)

Comment

I'm not sure because you are in canada..

but there are 2 ways of paying with you bank account... (at least in my case checking account)

1) tranfer money into paypal. wait 5 days, pay seller.
            2) pay seller, paypal sees there is no money and offers "Instant Bank transfer" (in my case it says "backup funding: credit card" cause I have one on file...

the second method allows the seller to see you paid for it immediately...

try that...maybe you can try requesting money from yourself through a different e-mail account just to test?
            Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
            Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

yes its only 5 days in usa but in canada its 15 =(
              i will look into the bank thing tho, thanks

Comment

Hybrid, just tie paypal to your checking/savings account. You give them the info, then they send like 2 small payments into your account, and you need to tell them what amounts they depostied to verify it is your account.
                My Carputer Project

Comment

Originally posted by nappyjim
                  Hybrid, just tie paypal to your checking/savings account. You give them the info, then they send like 2 small payments into your account, and you need to tell them what amounts they depostied to verify it is your account.
                  That is a scary idea.
                  ODYSSEY

Originally posted by Tidder
                  Hey, as long as it's not any particular race I'm offending, I can stand to be a pedophile.
                  All information expressed in this post is my opinion, and should not be regarded as a statement of fact.
                  Digital-Car UK|

(\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(")

Comment

did it already, but say i have $2.30 in my paypal and i make a purchase of $400, will it still go thru and just take money from my account auto, or will i have to transfer to paypal first?

Comment

auto transfer and immediate payment to seller
                      Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
                      Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

Originally posted by HybridFox
                        did it already, but say i have $2.30 in my paypal and i make a purchase of $400, will it still go thru and just take money from my account auto, or will i have to transfer to paypal first?
                        I would try to send a payment via paypal to anyone you know, just don't finish the transaction and see what it wants you to do.

Comment

Originally posted by HybridFox
                          Ok, heres the deal.

When you send money to paypal, that is a TOTALLY seperate account from your bank account. With your bank account, the balance is whatever you have in your actual bank account.

If you have 10,000 in your personal bank account, and buy somethinbg online for 400 dollars. When paypal asks you where you want the funds to come from, just select your bank account. Paypal handles the rest.
                          My Carputer Project

Comment

Never ever keep money sitting in your paypal account. They could freeze your account and keep you money. Read the TOS, it is scary.
                            ODYSSEY

Originally posted by Tidder
                            Hey, as long as it's not any particular race I'm offending, I can stand to be a pedophile.
                            All information expressed in this post is my opinion, and should not be regarded as a statement of fact.
                            Digital-Car UK|

(\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                            X