Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to buy auto parts online? (pads/rotors)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy auto parts online? (pads/rotors)

Does anyone know where I can get a decent set of rotors, brake pads, and shocks at a good price online?

I got mine from e-bay... that was the main contact, but the guys site I beileve is...www.eliteauto.com

I didnt get them yet but price seemed right... Brembo rotors, dirlled, x4 and pads with metal particles (apparently better than ceramic) x4 for 375 shipped. (Range Rover)
    Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
    Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

Originally posted by XxAndyxX
      Does anyone know where I can get a decent set of rotors, brake pads, and shocks at a good price online?
      Are you so lazy that you won't comparison shop on your own?
      Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
      How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Maybe he just wants an idea.... sometimes it is difficult to start....
        Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
        Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

www.tirerack.com has rotors and pads (for an idea).

Comment

Im sure he's looked, he just wants to know a good place. I get a lot of stuff through napa, cause I have a close friend who works there. Ebay (eliteauto) has good deals a lot too though. If anyone has any secret bargain places, they might care to divulge?
            Carputer status: [-*---------]
            Im thinking laptop...

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert
              Are you so lazy that you won't comparison shop on your own?
              Are you that stupid to think that you can always find the best deals on the net?

Anyways, I've searched on google quite a bit, and I wasn't too impressed by the prices. I'll check out some of the sites y'all provided me on this thread. Thanks, I appreciate it.

Comment

Depends on where you live, I guess. You can always go online to find a local deal.
                http://www.shoplocal.com/shoplocal/d...rchText=rotors

Comment

Originally posted by Curiosity
                  Depends on where you live, I guess. You can always go online to find a local deal.
                  http://www.shoplocal.com/shoplocal/d...rchText=rotors
                  When I searched on there, the price was really low, but when I called the actual store it was a lot more expensive.

Ebay seems to have the best deals. I know which rotors are good, but I don't know very much about shocks/struts so hopefully I don't get sucked into a crappy brand.

Comment

if this is for your firebird than I would recommend Raceconcepts.net

Talk to wood over there. Great guy, AWESOME product.

Customizable, durable, efficent.

Ask for porterfield pads and then as for rotors get dimpled/slotted over drilled because the dimpled/slotted releases gas and disperses heat very well but doesnt remove as much of the internal integrity of the rotor so they last longer.

if you want to question their quality type raceconcepts rotors into google and find all the reviews. I have done group buys thru him for my old dodge stealth twin turbo AWD and then my Talon turbo AWD.

If you have any questions, feel free

-Rick
                    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=759606

FS FT Thread

96 Eagle Talon TSI AWD
                    Custom blue LED interior and Dash, Buddy club2, ViS Fenders, Phillips Ds2 Bulbs, Valeo-Fresnal ECE H7s, Mitsubishi Ballasts

Comment

I hate to say it, but, your question is just way too vague and ambiguous. First, for what kind of car are you shopping for. Some places will specialize in certain vehicles, and therefore, you may get a better price. A company that only sells Yugo parts might be able to get a better price because of his volume, and he will pass it on.

Next, what is your definition of "decent" What is crappy for me, might be totally decent for you. What I call decent, might be way more then you need or want. Look at some of the responses. Dimpled, Slotted, Drilled, Vented? That is probably allot more then decent for your needs. I might be able to get what I consider a great deal on what I consider a decent brake setup, but that price might be WAY MORE then you expected to pay.

Also, do some research on a brand. It is allot easier to find a store/shop that sells the brand you desire, then to search EVERY PLACE for the cheapest price. You gotta compare granny smith apples, to granny smith apples. You can't compare all apples to find a "decent" apple at a good price.

Also, what is your application. Is it street driving alone. How about an occassional track day, or even street racing. Perhaps you need a little more brake. Maybe you have a show car, that is trailered to and fro. That has some special requirements.

don't even get me started on Suspension. If you think there are allot of brake options, suspensions can be just as many. Performance, Comfort, Quality. Geez, it goes on an on.

Definitely more information is needed.

Michael
                      ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

My car is a 01' Firebird.

For my suspension, I want a smooth ride over race performance and just a step above OEM shocks/struts.

As for my rotors and pads, I'm just looking for something that will last me another year or 2 (~40k miles).

I think I found everything I want (except I'm still looking for some brake pads). This is what I'm thinking about getting:

KYB GR-2 Suspension

I was going to go with THESE rotors at first because I can get them in black, and they looked higher quality, but I think I'm going to go with THESE instead because they are still slotted, and I would be getting them for about $50 cheaper.

Comment

My car is a 01' Firebird.

For my suspension, I want a smooth ride over race performance and just a step above OEM shocks/struts.

As for my rotors and pads, I'm just looking for something that will last me another year or 2 (~40k miles).

I think I found everything I want (except I'm still looking for some brake pads). This is what I'm thinking about getting:

KYB GR-2 Suspension

I was going to go with THESE rotors at first because I can get them in black, and they looked higher quality, but I think I'm going to go with THESE instead because they are still slotted, and I would be getting them for about $50 cheaper.
                          Me Personally, I would avoid no name brand products. Especially brake products. SO, your first choice I think is a poor choice. For your second choice, I did a search on HAWKS Brakes, and found nothing. What I found interesting though, is that there is a company called Hawk Brakes (Notice the S missing from the second name)

While it is quite possible that the brakes are of a good quality, I am always leary of the company that tried to mimic another well known companies name. Also, I can;t find the Haws Brakes available anywhere except Ebay.

Stay with something brand name. There are so many that you could choose from. You can go into almost any National auto parts store and get "decent" brake products, and they are not that expensive.

EBC, Raybestos, Hawk, Axxis, Rotora, Bendix. There are just so many.

As for your suspension, KYB is a good choice.

Michael
                          ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

Thanks for your input michael. Do you think it's a possibility that they accidently put an s at the end, and it really is Hawk rotors (not saying it's a typo, but more like they just thought it was Hawks instead of Hawk)?

Comment

Thanks for your input michael. Do you think it's a possibility that they accidently put an s at the end, and it really is Hawk rotors (not saying it's a typo, but more like they just thought it was Hawks instead of Hawk)?
                              You can always e-mail them and ask.

It's POSSIBLE, almost anything is possible. I don't think it is likely though.

Michael

Comment

Working...
                              X