not good
    Attached Files
    1992 z71 Chevy

damn, that sucks
    肚子笑痛了
    S60 Install

Comment

ouch.

scrap off the insulation and use conductive glue.

Comment

insured? warranty?

try to turn it into a YP and not an MP

(watch boogie nights to get that reference...)
        (All done)
        iPad Mini 128GB, RF 600.5 amp, JL12W0V2, 8 Infinity Components

Comment

Try soldering it if Scouse's recommendation doesn't work?
          Old plans out the window because of an accident .
          Have: M1-ATX, EPIA M10000, 256MB, 60GB 2.5", slim slot load DVD
          Need: Time, HU integration, ideas for Lilli

Comment

I was gonna say solder but i suspect it will melt the plastic or burn it. worth a try though. maybe use a heatsink across the ribbon and just solder a couple of mm on the tips.

Comment

my friend that i helped to make a carputer got exactly the same thing last sunday. We ended up soldering it and it works fine now. just scratch the edges and it will be easy to get soldered...
              -VIA EPIA M10000/512MB/40GB HD
              -DWW motorized 7'
              -BU 303 GPS w/iGuidance/ CF
              -Opus90w
              -Belkin Bluetooth
              -Pioneer HU

[||||||||||] 95% done

Comment

Go to an autoparts store and get defroster repair kit (sometimes sold at electronics places as a 'keypad repair kit'). It's a conductive liquid that hardens. Tape it together, dab the keypad repair stuff on it, let it dry, then put another piece of tape on the top, then brace mechanically so there's no stress on it. Voila, repaired.
                Chrysler 300 - Fabricating
                http://hallert.net/

Comment

good to know

Comment

Man when I first look at the pic, I was kindof cracking up. But closer look at it, I was like "WTF????"
                    BTW, try Chairboy method. I have seen it in auto part stores (Kragen, autozone, pepgirl, ...)
                    Otherwise, try electronic store for conductive pen which use to repair damage circuit. The way it work just like the window defroster repair kit.
                    2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                    89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                    Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                    RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                    EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Originally posted by Chairboy
                      Go to an autoparts store and get defroster repair kit (sometimes sold at electronics places as a 'keypad repair kit'). It's a conductive liquid that hardens. Tape it together, dab the keypad repair stuff on it, let it dry, then put another piece of tape on the top, then brace mechanically so there's no stress on it. Voila, repaired.
                      nice!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse Monkey
                        I was gonna say solder but i suspect it will melt the plastic or burn it. worth a try though. maybe use a heatsink across the ribbon and just solder a couple of mm on the tips.
                        I've scratched the coating off PCB traces and soldered them using a small (10W) soldering iron before, and I thought that the same thing might work here... It's a pain in the *** to do though, and I think that chairboy's method will work better. Let us know what you did and how it came out, Cartunes!
                        Old plans out the window because of an accident .
                        Have: M1-ATX, EPIA M10000, 256MB, 60GB 2.5", slim slot load DVD
                        Need: Time, HU integration, ideas for Lilli

Comment

Working...
                        X