Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any ebay traders to watch out for?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there any ebay traders to watch out for?

I'm in the stage of my system now where I'm looking to buy..and I think I'm heavily leaning towards the new 7" lilliputs. Are there any traders to avoid purchasing from?

Originally posted by jeeplaw
    I'm in the stage of my system now where I'm looking to buy..and I think I'm heavily leaning towards the new 7" lilliputs. Are there any traders to avoid purchasing from?
    Uh, Ya. There are lots. And lots more to be found. No one can give you a complete list.

Michael
    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiredwrx
      Uh, Ya. There are lots. And lots more to be found. No one can give you a complete list.

Michael
      Inciteful..thanks. Actually, the better question I should have asked is who has done business with an ebay trader that they would not recommend to anyone else due to bad trading or what have you?

Comment

Originally posted by jeeplaw
        Inciteful..thanks. Actually, the better question I should have asked is who has done business with an ebay trader that they would not recommend to anyone else due to bad trading or what have you?
        Speaking of insightful... did you know eBay has ratings? Those tell quite a bit about the person selling stuff. If anything, you should ask which buyer is recommended instead.
        I have found you an argument; I am not obliged to find you an understanding.

Comment

Geez, just look at the ratings. I'm guessing you don't realize how many people trade on the eBay based on your post.
          Chrysler 300 - Fabricating
          http://hallert.net/

Comment

Ok, let's try it this way. Has anyone NOT left negative feed back but has been burned by an ebay trader for the sale of a screen, where you were the buyer?

And yes..I do know about ratings..and know that not everyone uses them in leaving negative feedback.

Comment

My guess is he doesnt know how eBay works. Anyone who has used eBay knows the feedback rating system is how eBay keeps on working. I mean we all TRUST eBay eventhough eBay does NOTHING for us in the end, for buyers anyway.

IMO newbs need to know more than just how to Search and Google, seems they need to learn how to use the things they want to use and not ask mommy and daddy (ie forum posters) how they work.

Want to use eBay? Goto ebay.com
              (All done)
              iPad Mini 128GB, RF 600.5 amp, JL12W0V2, 8 Infinity Components

Comment

Jesus christ, some of you people get off your high horses already. I would HARDLY call myself a newbie, so please, do yourself a favor and stop with the assumptive reasoning.

My basic reasoning for asking the culture HERE at MP3CAR was to see if people have had specific bad buying experiences from certain sellers. That's it. I think we can all get a better appreciation of our hobby when it is one of US talking about it (ie- the mommies and daddies?).

Most of you are car enthusiasts as well, so I'm sure you belong to a car based message forum as well. I know I do. I belong to several jeep forums. As a jeep community we're all closely knit and look out for each other. Yes, googling and researching has it place and yes, I do my research. But asking fellow enthusiasts about their experiences works wonders too.

Remember that the next time you jump on someone who has less posts than you and stop and realize that he..may..just..not..be..a..NOOB.

Comment

due to recent postings on these forums about trading outside the mp3store, I dont think it would be wise to start posting other traders, saying this.. traders to avoid I think would defo be good. Where ebays concerned, I have bought several bits of carPC stuff, and have always been happy with the products. I think using the ratings and checking what they have sold in the past. I do remember one post.. selling hi-end amps.. but on checking on previous sales they sold old plates, needless to say 3 days later the account was suspended as it had been hacked.. so just remember if something is to good to be true.. it normally is!

CdR
                  Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Kaitain
                    Most recently I designed and developed a system to capture, store, and review traffic violations.
                    backdoor pass please ;-)

might come in handy when I have to attend a m8's wedding next year in florida :-) good old Disney

CdR
                    Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

Comment

<snip snip wah wah>
                      n00b.

Chrysler 300 - Fabricating
                      http://hallert.net/

Comment

Hear, hear! Some little kid called me a newbie on this board because of the number of posts I'd made here and I just had to laugh.

I've been working as a professional computer programmer for more than 13 years. I have over 26 years of experience in the general field of computers. I wrote my first program at the age of 10 for an HP programmable calculator (no one had home computers back then). I built my first computer at the age of 12, and I'm not talking about plugging store bought parts into other store bought parts. I'm talking about soldering all of the components onto the PCB and trouble shooting it when something didn't work. I ran an underground BBS at the age of 14 with over 200 users off of an Apple IIe and 4 floppy drives using a 300baud modem. I designed and wrote an inventory system for trophy shops that paid for my first motorcycle at the age of 15. By 16 I was tutoring college kids on computers. At 18 I joined the Navy and troubleshot and repaired multi-million dollar computers and radios. After leaving the military I wrote and edited computer repair manuals. I then went on to run multi-million dollar IT departments. I've built and managed call centers for AOL, Cannon, and HP. Most recently I designed and developed a system to capture, store, and review traffic violations.

When I was younger I too thought I knew it all and had a condescending attitude towards anyone I thought knew less. Over the years I realized how little I actually did know and my self righteous attitude mellowed and hopefully has all but disappeared. I'm still human though so pride kicks me in the *** some times, like now.

So, the next time someone calls you a newbie just remember that only a newbie would call someone else a newbie. The truly knowledgable person knows there will always be someone that knows WAY more on a subject than they do and to THAT person they are the newbie.

I can't tell you how many times a novice computer user has taught me something about writing better applications...
                        Nice story, but noone cares! Noob
                        Time displayed in a different way!

http://www.lares.dti.ne.jp/%7Eyugo/s.../03/index.html
                        http://www.humanclock.com/

FREE 3D Glasses: http://www.rainbowsymphony.com/freestuff.html

Comment

Hear, hear! Some little kid called me a newbie on this board because of the number of posts I'd made here and I just had to laugh.

I've been working as a professional computer programmer for more than 13 years. I have over 26 years of experience in the general field of computers. I wrote my first program at the age of 10 for an HP programmable calculator (no one had home computers back then). I built my first computer at the age of 12, and I'm not talking about plugging store bought parts into other store bought parts. I'm talking about soldering all of the components onto the PCB and trouble shooting it when something didn't work. I ran an underground BBS at the age of 14 with over 200 users off of an Apple IIe and 4 floppy drives using a 300baud modem. I designed and wrote an inventory system for trophy shops that paid for my first motorcycle at the age of 15. By 16 I was tutoring college kids on computers. At 18 I joined the Navy and troubleshot and repaired multi-million dollar computers and radios. After leaving the military I wrote and edited computer repair manuals. I then went on to run multi-million dollar IT departments. I've built and managed call centers for AOL, Cannon, and HP. Most recently I designed and developed a system to capture, store, and review traffic violations.

When I was younger I too thought I knew it all and had a condescending attitude towards anyone I thought knew less. Over the years I realized how little I actually did know and my self righteous attitude mellowed and hopefully has all but disappeared. I'm still human though so pride kicks me in the *** some times, like now.

So, the next time someone calls you a newbie just remember that only a newbie would call someone else a newbie. The truly knowledgable person knows there will always be someone that knows WAY more on a subject than they do and to THAT person they are the newbie.

I can't tell you how many times a novice computer user has taught me something about writing better applications...
                          I think you misunderstood the definition of NOOB. NOOB doesn't mean someone who knows nothing. NOON means someone who is new, and generally, new to the particular community and unaware of the communities nuances and charcteristics.

A 90 year old man can be a NOOB in a retirement community, because he is new and doesn't know the ways of that community.

Way back when, I was a paramedic. I was a paramedic for 3 years working for a volunteer and paid ambulance service, yet, when I got my job working for (basically) the NYC Fire Department, even though I had experience, I was a NOOB because the FD works differently then the rest. In fact, they are all different. Until I learn the ways of that organization, I am a NOOB. The amount of money I once made, my successes in life, and my knowledge of medicine did not change the fact that I was a NOOB. It did, however, help change my status once I started to contirbute, and people began to see that I was at least competent. That's when I lost my NOOB status.

While your resume is impressive, when you got here, you were a NOOB. Perhaps you didn't do NOOB things, but you were still a NOOB. One is only called a NOOB in public when they act like a NOOB and/or when they think they are not because some place, somewhere, they are not a NOOB anymore.

Did I mention the word NOOB enough times in my post. If not, NOOB NOOB NOOB.

One last thing,

Michael
                          ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

Most recently I designed and developed a system to capture, store, and review traffic violations.
                            Hey if the gov is going to use it. could you help me out on mine. Perhaps set mine to alway be 0 or someting like that.

Send some brians my way. or a hooker.
                            I GIVE FREE HUGS!
                            Buy Sell or Trade
                            If my pm box is full, please feel free to call me any time. 440-328-3382
                            Thank you
                            Forex
                            Rate Mp3car @ FXroot.com

Comment

My life story is almost the same - I started on computers when I was about
                              7 or 8 years old - back then we had to type in a program and save to
                              cassette tape

I'm not talking about plugging store bought parts into other store bought parts. I'm talking about soldering all of the components onto the PCB and trouble shooting it when something didn't work
                              Kits are not to hard to make, unless he designed his own computer,
                              if so my hat is off to him - I made a few Kits - its fun like legos except
                              you get burned sometimes buy the soldering iron -
                              - was it Heathkit -

I ran an underground BBS at the age of 14 with over 200
                              users off of an Apple IIe and 4 floppy drives using a 300baud
                              they called in one at a time, late at night - and traded [email protected]
                              - me to, I was a bad little boy with a big phone bill -

I ran into a older woman that was a cobal programmer - from years back
                              she came into the computer shop - asking about computers she wanted me
                              to make one for her - I asked what she was going to use it for - like gaming
                              or just internet or office stuff - I was trying to gauge what she needed - she
                              got ****ed off, thought I was dising her or something , and told me she had
                              worked in computers for 20 years as a cobal programmer and knew more
                              than I ever would about computers - I did not have the hart to tell her
                              that at the time I had more than 20 years of working on computers,
                              and I knew modern day computers, I felt like asking, If you know so
                              much about computers why are you asking me, and what hell does
                              Cobal programming on a mainframe in the 1960s have to do with
                              computers today - But I was nice -

Comment

Working...
                              X