Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Missing 11yr old boy, Proof of god? Or stupid?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing 11yr old boy, Proof of god? Or stupid?

Honestly, if you havent heard about the 11yr old cub scout who got lost in Utah the other day and was found. Read this:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,160309,00.html

The details missing, that I got from CNN during the "breaking news" said the kids were at a Boy Scout camp (as cub scouts) doing a get together thing with activities. A "chaperone", or whatever, watched this kid complete an activity and turned his attention to another kid. When he turned back the kid was gone. Being as his campsite was 200 yards away, the chaperone thought he went back on his own, no biggie.

Now IMO, here i go, the kid is a moron. He was with people and wandered off; at 11 years old, while he was learning the ways of the Boy Scouts, all nature and compasses. So instead of going back 600 feet (within clear site of his last known whereabouts, or at least a toddler can recognize the way back when taken somewhere within 600ft) he goes in the completely opposite direction for days, and because of that he wasnt found right away. SO IMO everyone is an idiot, they didnt do a CIRCULAR search of the area going away from his last known whereabouts, NOR did this kid have the brain power to wander off, see his is lost and go back the way he came...

"People say that the heavens are closed and God no longer answers prayers. We are here to unequivocally tell you that the heavens are not closed, prayers are answered and children come home," said Brennan's mother, Jody Hawkins.

yes, god is listening. Thats why he didnt point the kid back the right way when he left to go get what could only be assumed, was fruit snacks at his campsite.
    (All done)
    iPad Mini 128GB, RF 600.5 amp, JL12W0V2, 8 Infinity Components

thats hot.
    Go on and do it, do it, Do it 'til you're satisfied,
    Whatever it is, do it, Do it 'til you're satisfied.

CarPc progress |OOOOXCOOOO| 57%

Comment

Yes, millions of children die each year of poverty and disease, but God helped your kid get found.
      Spent so far: $1,755
      Check Out My Work Log for Specs/Pics
      CarPC Progress[!!!!!!!!!!!!!!].....Installation[---------+].....Pastrami Progress[!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]
      Don't mess with Texas.
      It's not nice to pick on retards!

Comment

A face only a mother could love...
        CarPC Progress[!!!!!!!!!!!!!!].....Installation[---------+].....Pastrami Progress[!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]
        Don't mess with Texas.

Comment

the kid "had trouble with his sense of direction" in other words, he wasn't taught basic directional skills, it's not a sense so much as a skill. (he may have screws loose too)

in my opinion, many kids don't get out and build forts in thw woods, and do all those things that help build those skills, they're looking for the HUD map in the upper lef thand corner, too bad life isn't a video game.

I was in scouts, honestly, I felt it was dumbed down stuff, but then again I spent my summers in the woods on my dad's back 40 acres, having adventures bulding stuff with little tools, etc. I guess I'm a purest.

glad the kids was found, but I'll be teaching my children young basic survival skills and landmark navigation.
          Shawn

Check out my web company Minneapolis Web Designer | MODx Web Design - Himmelberger Design

Comment

Originally posted by neon_eddy
            landmark navigation.
            "Ok, son, you're facing Mount Rushmoore, now which direction is the Grand Canyon?"
            Don't mess with Texas.

Comment

I have never bought into the "God provided the good in my life", but has nothing to do with the bad.

IMO If god saved him, god put him in that situation as well. So..

If there is a god, he has a cruel sence of humor and likes messing with us.
              Joshua Jones - New Folk Singer Songwriter & Web Site Design (Yep, that's what it says)
              Plans:
              Micro ATX MB, 1.6 Ghz AMD AthlonXP-M, 512MB RAM, 20G 2.5" HD, Thinline DVD, 10" Touchscreen Display (Front)
              Web Log

Comment

This topic is way out of line. If your going to down religeon, dont do it here. This is Mp3car.
                2011 Nissan Frontier SL
                AMD X3 2.2 | M4-ATX | 16Gb SSD | 2GB DDR3-1333 | MSI GF615M-P33 MB
                OBDPROS USB | BU-303 GPS l LILLIPUT TS | Car2PC adapter | XM Direct | USB Dual band N with custom mag-mount antenna.

Comment

Sorry, I thought this was off topic.

FTR - I have no issue with religion, just do not understand it some times.
                  Joshua Jones - New Folk Singer Songwriter & Web Site Design (Yep, that's what it says)
                  Plans:
                  Micro ATX MB, 1.6 Ghz AMD AthlonXP-M, 512MB RAM, 20G 2.5" HD, Thinline DVD, 10" Touchscreen Display (Front)
                  Web Log

Comment

Originally posted by Custommx3
                    This topic is way out of line. If your going to down religeon, dont do it here. This is Mp3car.
                    WTF?!? I don't remember any rules saying religeon is off limits. People can be free to say what they want, if the mods want to step in then they will.
                    Just rest assured that we will all be burning in Hell for this and don't bother reading any more topics that have God in the title.
                    Don't mess with Texas.

Comment

Yeah man WTF, he didnt say anything about religion. he talked about god. And dont be so friggen selfish, just because someone believes in God differently doesnt make it a religious slur.

I only pointed out that God didnt answer their prayers, because God doesnt exist in the way the lady HOPES he does.
                      (All done)

Comment

My basic gripe with this whole mess is the kid wasnt 2, he was 11. Old enough to have a sense of self and the idea of being alone and lost.

AND that the mother believed GOD had something to do with her kid being found, whereas if she believes that then GOD made the kid so ******* stupid that he got lost 600 ft from camp, for days.
                        (All done)

Comment

And more:

"It is every parent's worst nightmare, a child lost, perhaps abducted. But salvation, as far as Toby and Jody Hawkins were concerned, was due to Pokemon cards and religious faith."

Even his parents know hes a ****en moron:

"Brennan continues to amaze us," Toby Hawkins said in the televised news conference. "I made the comment that I thought that he was the most ill-prepared out of our five children to deal with it, and now I think he was maybe the best."

And the mother DOESNT believe God is good and just:

"I didn't think Brennan was still with us," Jody Hawkins said, describing the passage of hours. "I didn't think he could survive that long in the wilderness.

I dont understand this at all:

Both Hawkins described how their faith in God sustained them, especially their belief that families are saved together.

"Families are eternal," said Toby Hawkins. "Whatever the result, our faith will help us get through it."
                          (All done)

Comment

Please lock this crap thread.
                            AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
                            Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
                            Installed.

-GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
                            -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

Comment

When I was backpacking in Budapest, I ran across lots of different people that all had the same view. They believe that God takes care of them no matter how bad things are. To each their own, I guess.
                              Don't mess with Texas.

Comment

Working...
                              X