Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some help with interview

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Need some help with interview

    Tomorrow I have an interview with a professor at Claremont McKenna College. This is going to be my first interview.

    What I would like to know:
    What questions is the professor going to ask? What are they looking for in a response?
    What question should I ask?

    Another question. Should I mention anything about my family, background, etc?

    Some background about me:
    108 hours of community service
    Robot club leader
    Was on the tennis team
    Going to start investment club even though I don't invest yet
    Software for LCDC forums and then mp3car forums
    ASB (student council) since the 9th grade. Ran and lost every ******* time in middle school
    TA for computers in 11th grade - leadership
    Just got my report card back for the 11th grade: 4.06 GPA (2 APs).

    The college is looking for leaders, so I have to spin myself in that direction.
    The politics at the college are balanced, so it gives a real refelction of America, and not some liberal hangout.
    Going to the college is a challenge, and I like challenges. I always try to be the first person in the class in terms of grades, except in English, were I know its impossible.

    There's a few other things that I forgot that I'll add later.
    PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
    GammaControl v2.4
    SKINbedder v3

    1995 Lexus SC300

  • #2
    what kind of position are you interviewing for?
    Gen 1: Pentium 3 1GHz - ATX - 2005
    Gen 2: Pentium M 1.6GHz - ITX - 2006
    Gen 3: Pentium M 2.0GHz - 5.25" SBC - 2007
    Gen 4: (coming soon: Core2 Duo - 3.5" SBC - 2009)
    ...it never ends

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by psyrex
      what kind of position are you interviewing for?
      Student
      PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
      GammaControl v2.4
      SKINbedder v3

      1995 Lexus SC300

      Comment


      • #4
        just be yourself. dont answer questions like you are reciting them, just be as natural as you can be. I have no idea what he'll be asking you but get an idea generic questions he'll be asking like: what do yo uwant to accomplish? what goals do you have? stuff like that,

        and remember just be yourself.
        my wish list:
        http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y13...tSignature.jpg

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by lominono
          just be yourself. dont answer questions like you are reciting them, just be as natural as you can be. I have no idea what he'll be asking you but get an idea generic questions he'll be asking like: what do yo uwant to accomplish? what goals do you have? stuff like that,

          and remember just be yourself.
          I don't think that they would like my answers to my goals in life.

          But what should I ask them?
          PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
          GammaControl v2.4
          SKINbedder v3

          1995 Lexus SC300

          Comment


          • #6
            Seriously, don't forget all the software you've written for the folks on mp3car.
            Old plans out the window because of an accident .
            Have: M1-ATX, EPIA M10000, 256MB, 60GB 2.5", slim slot load DVD
            Need: Time, HU integration, ideas for Lilli

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by RPI Geek
              Seriously, don't forget all the software you've written for the folks on mp3car.
              True
              PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
              GammaControl v2.4
              SKINbedder v3

              1995 Lexus SC300

              Comment


              • #8
                what are you schooling in?

                ask what they can offer you. remember you are paying their bills. ask how you can best accomplish what you want to accomplish in their establishment. ask how best they can help you and how you can help them in anyways. ask what their mission statement is. ask what the college's philosophy is. and on and on.

                ask whatever you think that can benefit you, ask things that will get answers on how best to integrate into that particular system.


                what are your goals?

                as for the personal info(family and things) i dont know? i guess that'll depend on how you feel answering those questions.
                my wish list:
                http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y13...tSignature.jpg

                Comment


                • #9
                  Well, I'm in high school. I'm going to be in the 12th grade next year. Just got my final progress report today for 11th grade... 4.06 GPA after 2 AP classes.

                  Well, i already know waht I can accomplish. their brochure is pretty indepth.

                  I'll probably ask what the difference between a dual and a double major is.

                  Philosophy is learn by doing. Its already stated. They are looking for leaders. Heh.

                  I want to go into business/economics and electrical engineering.

                  Goals: ummm... make money.
                  Originally posted by lominono
                  what are you schooling in?

                  ask what they can offer you. remember you are paying their bills. ask how you can best accomplish what you want to accomplish in their establishment. ask how best they can help you and how you can help them in anyways. ask what their mission statement is. ask what the college's philosophy is. and on and on.

                  ask whatever you think that can benefit you, ask things that will get answers on how best to integrate into that particular system.


                  what are your goals?

                  as for the personal info(family and things) i dont know? i guess that'll depend on how you feel answering those questions.
                  PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                  GammaControl v2.4
                  SKINbedder v3

                  1995 Lexus SC300

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    by what you say you sound like a smart kid. i think youll do just fine, you seem to have done some home work already.

                    just remember to be calm and act as if you and him are two human beings talking stuff over, cause in reality that is exactly what it is

                    nice goal.
                    my wish list:
                    http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y13...tSignature.jpg

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by lominono
                      what are you schooling in?

                      ask what they can offer you. remember you are paying their bills. ask how you can best accomplish what you want to accomplish in their establishment. ask how best they can help you and how you can help them in anyways. ask what their mission statement is. ask what the college's philosophy is. and on and on.

                      ask whatever you think that can benefit you, ask things that will get answers on how best to integrate into that particular system.


                      what are your goals?

                      as for the personal info(family and things) i dont know? i guess that'll depend on how you feel answering those questions.
                      Good post! Never forget - it's more of an interview for YOU than it is for them. Yes, this is an arrogant attitude, but it will instill an aire of confidence. You are obviously applying to MIT. So, comment on the fact that Harvard or Yale has such and such... Your research of the competition and care for your future will speak volumes about where you will go as a student of the institution!

                      You have it easy - don't fret!

                      Oh, and there's really nothing wrong with state universities - after your first job, all that matters is how dedicated to your field of study!
                      http://www.jeepmp3.com/
                      CarPC Stolen. Starting over.
                      Ne1 recognize the avatar?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        ^ right(up one more post)

                        no worries...

                        if it seems like it is going bad, perhaps you could explain the proper uses of a pit or cage and the joys of chumba.

                        ok night.zzzZZZ
                        I GIVE FREE HUGS!
                        Buy Sell or Trade
                        If my pm box is full, please feel free to call me any time. 440-328-3382
                        Thank you
                        Forex
                        Rate Mp3car @ FXroot.com

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by lominono
                          by what you say you sound like a smart kid. i think youll do just fine, you seem to have done some home work already.

                          just remember to be calm and act as if you and him are two human beings talking stuff over, cause in reality that is exactly what it is

                          nice goal.
                          Thanks, I like to think so

                          Yeh, that goal is pretty simple to state
                          And the reason for the goal: cars, land and investing
                          PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                          GammaControl v2.4
                          SKINbedder v3

                          1995 Lexus SC300

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by PatO
                            Good post! Never forget - it's more of an interview for YOU than it is for them. Yes, this is an arrogant attitude, but it will instill an aire of confidence. You are obviously applying to MIT. So, comment on the fact that Harvard or Yale has such and such... Your research of the competition and care for your future will speak volumes about where you will go as a student of the institution!

                            You have it easy - don't fret!

                            Oh, and there's really nothing wrong with state universities - after your first job, all that matters is how dedicated to your field of study!
                            Yeh, it is an interview for me. That's why I need to ask some questions. I've got one that will ask about differenes between a dual and a double major.

                            Not applying to MIT or CalTech. So what do I need to know about the competition
                            I know that they share the same philosophy as CalPoly, learn by doing.

                            Should I bring a notepad/pen to the interview?
                            PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                            GammaControl v2.4
                            SKINbedder v3

                            1995 Lexus SC300

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Ok, so the interview went great.

                              Now, should I email the guy? And if so, what should I say?
                              PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                              GammaControl v2.4
                              SKINbedder v3

                              1995 Lexus SC300

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X