Pimp my Ride: Suck or Blow?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pimp my Ride: Suck or Blow?

Everyone has an opinion on this show. And granted when it came out I liked it, it was different. But as time goes by, you realize what tools West Coast Customs are, putting a ****in Fireplace in a car IN ******* Los Angeles? A fishtank between subwoofers? Coffeemaker in the center dash? Ping pong table for your truck? 4 xboxes allowing for 16 people to play, by standing in a parking lot behind a car, OH and did they mention to change the disc you have to go back into the car? And 4 LCDs on the ******* BUMPERS of a car?

Anyway, lately they have been pushing DRIVESOFT. Saying "i guarantee no one has a blah blah with Drivesoft in it" Total bull****. And "I could put a GPS reciever, a Radio, cd player, DVD player, car alarm and ODBII thing in this car, but with Drivesoft I dont need any of that" I know MTV pays their salaries but is Drivesoft also? And if any avid watcher would get off his *** and a bit they would find this site...

I dont care if the Pope has it, its not god's gift to the car customizer. And looking on these forums, i see much better solutions MAD MIKE, you dork.

Pimp my ride is hacked together parts to make a car look awesome, but in the end its a piece of **** with $20K worth of crap on it. They dont even give it an oil change. Ill go off on more rants later, im tired.
    (All done)
    iPad Mini 128GB, RF 600.5 amp, JL12W0V2, 8 Infinity Components

Amen.
    Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

I hate pimp my ride just for the reason. I wouldn't have a problem with them if they did any kind of engine work, but all they do is try to make the car look good, and do something outrageous. most of the time they dont even accomplish that.
      http://jupiter.walagata.com/w/djpm05/sig.jpg

Comment

Actually, the last episode I say they had a close-up of them pouring a synthetic oil in. Obviously paid for.

I hate how they never touch the engine though. They'll gladly hose down the engine and throw some chrome in there, but add a turbo? Maybe a tune up so the thing doesnt belch smoke at every light?

I also like (when I say like I mean hate) the episode where the kid was a self proclaimed computer geek. Their way to pimp his car? Take the backs off the amps so he can see the components. Then they slapped in a cheesy HU and went on their way. Ok, carputer, so freakin obvious. He likes computers, put one in his damn car.
        MII-12000 / Ampie / Lilliput 7" / BU-355 / PicoPSU / uSDC
        Currently: Enjoying the setup, but always contemplating my next move...

Comment

Originally posted by rsd212
          I also like (when I say like I mean hate) the episode where the kid was a self proclaimed computer geek. Their way to pimp his car? Take the backs off the amps so he can see the components. Then they slapped in a cheesy HU and went on their way. Ok, carputer, so freakin obvious. He likes computers, put one in his damn car.
          And you would trust those boneheads to properly install a computer, let alone one in a car?
          I wouldn't. Maybe it's just me....
          Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
          How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert
            And you would trust those boneheads to properly install a computer, let alone one in a car?
            I wouldn't. Maybe it's just me....
            hahahaha... I sure wouldn't.

From what it said on Drivesoft's site, their unit requires most of your trunk. I'm guessing it's a 1U rack mount server case... These guys need to get serious. Pimp My Ride = Sad.

Comment

What I loved about last Sunday's episode, is when they did that dumb *** Corolla install with the 4 monitors outside of the car .

I almost fell out of my chair when Mad Mike said "This is the ONLY Corolla with a computer in it"

From what I counted, theres @ least 10 Corollas on here, and 4 of them are 2003 just like the one on the show.

Do you guys think that MTV/Pimp My Ride even know about this site so they can stop talkin through their ***?

Peace,

Rafster
              Post # 3000

Comment

Everything they do on that show is ridiculous by all means. But it's kinda funny since they're wasting their money and I'm not.

Yeah when people ask me where I bought the "TV" for my car, I just tell them it's a monitor... and that it's connected to the computer that I built and installed by myself.

Comment

It was fun to begin but theyve done all the obvious things, done some less obvious but good ideas and now they are on season 4 they are scraping the bottom of the barrel to do something different

i mean how many times can you put monitors amps and lights in, add the chrome rims, paint job and done - soon gets boring

hey lets strap an electronic cow to the roof with a button to spray flour water out of its udders when someone tailgates, theres something new- see it in season 5

Comment

Originally posted by noodles
                    Yeah when people ask me where I bought the "TV" for my car, I just tell them it's a monitor... and that it's connected to the computer that I built and installed by myself.
                    I got that for the first time when I went for an oil change...they freaked. They one guy said "you got taht idea from Pimp my Ride" ...ya sure buddy!!!
                    ---------------------
                    Crazy Miami Drivers
                    R.I.P. My first ever NEW Car
                    Old installation
                    New Install!!!

|-------------------100%|Cables ran
                    |----------------85%----|Software RR
                    |--------------80%------|Complete
                    [/SIZE]

Comment

they put a drivesoft system in a 2003 corrolla this week. I tseemed a lot like the BMW interface.
                      My OLD carputer page
                      My NEW carPC

Via Epia M10000, 512 PC2100, Opus 150, 8" lilly touch, 320 GB 7200 WD Caviar

Comment

if you had some big shot tv company offering you full price to do work on a ****ty car and they film you wouldnt you do it? the show isnt about engine work and all that bull****. the show is about entertaining people sitting at home watching it. **** if anything its better for the people who think its stupid and useless. that means you know how to do this type of ****. it also means the people at home are dumb enough to want to get this type of stuff done and if they have the money they will pay it. so you can charge them 2000 bucks to put in a computer and tell them you pimped their ride. lol
                        i got dat ***** sittin on 22s! SUPERMAN EDITION!

Comment

future pimp my ride:

mad mike: "we heard you like llamas, so we put a petting zoo in your car"
                          Carputer Progress:
                          [!!'-------] 25%
                          have to fabricate screen mount

have to start over, lilliput died, 1st laptop broke, have to sell the 2nd one. damn

Comment

its called "pimp my ride" not "tune my car" or "fix my car". this show is only about appearance on the car, not making it go faster, or just fixing anything wrong.

i used to like it but the show has gotten old.
                            my wish list:
                            http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y13...tSignature.jpg

Comment

Pimp My Stroller?
                              .______
                              | '_ |__\___
                              [(o)|___(o)] XB
                              ._________
                              | I__I I_I|_\__I
                              [(o)______(o)]b VanPimpin'

LostReceptions Apps D/L Here

GPSGasoline- Rewriting

Draw- SkribblePad for Touchscreens

iGQwerty-iG3.0 Qwerty Keyboard