No announcement yet.

Take your mp3 collection to the grave?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take your mp3 collection to the grave?

The other day I was pondering the idea of what is supposed to happen when you die after spending potentially 10's of thousands of dollars LEGALLY downloading mp3s from iTunes and similiar websites? Is your next of kin supposed to delete them from your computers and mp3 players? Or, can they sell your LEGAL collection of mp3s to someone else (I'm sure many people have sold their dead relatives records and tapes over the years)? I'm just wondering what other people think about this. I haven't found too much on the web regarding this. I'm sure Apple's view would be that they have to be deleted. I wonder what's going to happen in say the next 20-30 years when this becomes a bigger concern.
    1.6GHz HP e-PC, 768MB RAM, 120GB WD HDD, Slim DVD-ROM, Onboard sound & video, 7" Lilliput, USB GPS Mouse, Audiovox FM Modulator, Vector 400 Watt Power Inverter, Windows XP Pro SP2, iGuidance 2, 15" Samsung LCD for the rear *Carputer not installed*

you my friend think of the wierdest things yet im interested in what the answer would be but if they are left in a will they would be transfered to the person who they are being given so they would be legal with the next of kin simple as that
    CarPC Status:
    GPS: 99%
    Hardware: 99%
    Software: 92%
    Case Install: 99.9%
    Dash Install: 100%
    Car Install: 72%

Comment

Ya, what are the laws regarding something like this? I guess we'll have to wait for Wiredwrx

Comment

If you inherit a computer - the government requires you to pay death taxes and income taxes on it. Does the government evaluate the software on the machine, too? (I HIGHLY doubt it)

How about if the machine was a homebrew - and there are no receipts?
        Good question!
        http://www.jeepmp3.com/
        CarPC Stolen. Starting over.
        Ne1 recognize the avatar?

Comment

I don't care.
          Originally posted by ghettocruzer
          I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
          Want to:
          -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
          -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Originally posted by Bugbyte
            I don't care.
            You don't smoke enough pot...

haha I don't care either.

Comment

Originally posted by NiN^_^NiN
              you my friend think of the wierdest things
              Considering some of the threads seen here lately? Hardly
              1.6GHz HP e-PC, 768MB RAM, 120GB WD HDD, Slim DVD-ROM, Onboard sound & video, 7" Lilliput, USB GPS Mouse, Audiovox FM Modulator, Vector 400 Watt Power Inverter, Windows XP Pro SP2, iGuidance 2, 15" Samsung LCD for the rear *Carputer not installed*

Comment

Working...
              X