Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

edtv vs. hdtv, or lcd vs plasma for PC use?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• edtv vs. hdtv, or lcd vs plasma for PC use?

I am getting a house (renting) soon, and want to get a nice (but "cheap") 42" flatscreen for my room. I want something that is going to look decent with a standard cable tv signal, but play crisp dvd's and video games, and very important that it has vga hookups and can display a pc signal in decent resolution. any suggestions? I was looking at a Hewlett packard 42" EDTV for $750 (normally goes for $2500) and has vga inputs, but I heard EDTV can only go up to like 854x480 res. wouldn't this look like crap?
    Looking to buy or sell a home in Southeastern CT?
    Click here: timfrederick.prudentialct.com

If you feed it the native resolution of your monitor it can look quite good using powerstrip. Are you talking about using this a HTPC=home theater computer?
    2005 Black Chevy Impala
    Current Status: Installed in Vehicle/Testing 75%

Comment

Well, I am just wondering how it's gonna look if I have my PC set at 1024x768, if the EDTV monitor itself is only 854x480. Won't be a dedicated HTPC, but will be used to stream movies sometimes, or Winamp visualizations.
      Looking to buy or sell a home in Southeastern CT?
      Click here: timfrederick.prudentialct.com

Comment

you probably should look for am HDTV, b/c afaik it has a higher resolution. Like 1080 or so... research, and you'll find the answer. Nice plan BTW... cheers

Comment

Consider that DVD resolution is 720x480. So I don't think going beyond that makes much sense, just dont sit right next to the TV where everything gets blurry. A good HDTV (not EDTV) set with all the right connectors will set you back at least $2500, so that would be your call at that price.
          I have found you an argument; I am not obliged to find you an understanding.

Comment

Working...
          X