Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More PC Power

Hi Guys,

I bought my desktop components about 2 years ago, and I recently went to load on a new game that picked the best graphics configuration out as 'low' detail.

This made me think that it might be time for an upgrade soon. Currently I have a P4 2.4 with 800fsb. 128mb geforce something or other and 512mb ram

I have a mb with sata, hyperthreading etc.

Do I need to get a whole new system, or would upgrading my grpahics card to 256mb and maybe upgrading to 1gig ddr400 ram be a significant enough improvement ???

Cheers,

Matt

Originally posted by Matthew230
    Hi Guys,

I bought my desktop components about 2 years ago, and I recently went to load on a new game that picked the best graphics configuration out as 'low' detail.

This made me think that it might be time for an upgrade soon. Currently I have a P4 2.4 with 800fsb. 128mb geforce something or other and 512mb ram

I have a mb with sata, hyperthreading etc.

Do I need to get a whole new system, or would upgrading my grpahics card to 256mb and maybe upgrading to 1gig ddr400 ram be a significant enough improvement ???

Cheers,

Matt
    Did you even try it at any resolution other than low? Games usually go for the lowest resolution to "guarantee" playability. What video card do you have? Increasing ram size or video ram size will not do much for you unless the video card itself is better. First try playing at different settings, your system sounds just fine.
    I have found you an argument; I am not obliged to find you an understanding.

Comment

If anything all you need is a new graphics card, what is the game?

Comment

ya most likely graphics card and maybe some more ram depenidng on your level of gaming

Comment

Working...
        X