Audio Streaming Servers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio Streaming Servers

I'm wanting to set up a small audio streaming server at my office for a few people to listen to. Normally I'd just use shoutcast, but I don't want to require people to install winamp (I'm the IT guy ... which means they'll all end up asking me when they can't figure it out ... also don't want to introduce any other software to get Corp ****ed off).

Anyone have any suggestions for any free streaming programs that can use WMP as the client?
    My JeepPC Install

"there are no stupid questions, just stupid people."

"it's been agreed the whole world stinks so no one's taking showers anymore"

With windows media player 9 you can connect to shoutcast sreams.

Edit:Or you can use windows media server (but only reads wma).

Comment

Originally posted by kevinlekiller
      With windows media player 9 you can connect to shoutcast sreams.
      Really? how bout 10? I send the machines out with 9 but no telling if users haev upgraded to 10. I'll give that a try.

Originally posted by kevinlekiller
      Edit:Or you can use windows media server (but only reads wma).
      Yeah screw that ... I hate wma and all it stands for. I can live with converting my OGG files to MP3 for this purpose ... but WMA ... NEVER! :-)
      My JeepPC Install

"there are no stupid questions, just stupid people."

"it's been agreed the whole world stinks so no one's taking showers anymore"

Comment

Originally posted by shakes
        Really? how bout 10? I send the machines out with 9 but no telling if users haev upgraded to 10. I'll give that a try.

Yeah screw that ... I hate wma and all it stands for. I can live with converting my OGG files to MP3 for this purpose ... but WMA ... NEVER! :-)
        I guess version 10 would work, never tried it. And agreed on the never wma.

Comment

Working...
        X