This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fraudulent E-bayer (mp3'er?)

So I get this random E-mail from a guy wanting to know more about "my carputer for sale on E-bay." This comes as a shock to me because I never even considered selling my carputer! After a little bit of searching I find this crook using MY install photos to sell his item. He even is so brash that he claims the photo is of the system "running in his car". Here's the ad and my photo is in there as of the moment I'm writing this post. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1 Edit: he changed the picture, but read further down to see what it used to look like and what I changed it to look like before he fixed the picture.

So being a good little detective I dig a little deeper. I find out the crook has used ANOTHER photo you will all recognize from the mp3car website. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5786853806 Edit: He deleted ppgt94's photo from his website. He was also claiming PPGT94's system was running in his car.

Digging even further, I find his website! http://www.antipromotions.com/page2.htm Edit: A lot changed overnight. He took his entire website down after reading through all these posts. I forwarded him the link to the thread via E-bay E-mail.

If anyone knows who is behind this, I'd love the chance to discuss this matter with him in a dark alley. If the REAL owners of the pictures of those installs want to come forward, I'm sure they too would have some choice words to share.
    My first attempt at a carputer.

PM me if you're interested in a monitor faceplate for your '99-'04 Golf or Jetta. My Vortex ID is NorthAtlR32 - you can IM me there, too. Go here for more information.

Mybe is ORiginalNICK2
    RexBruMet Skin for FrodoPlayer

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Originally posted by bgoodman
    We're an international forum, post in whatever langauge you like.

Comment

PM me if you're interested in a monitor faceplate for your '99-'04 Golf or Jetta. My Vortex ID is NorthAtlR32 - you can IM me there, too. Go here for more information.

Comment

Also check out his other sales, seems like scamming is a full time job for him.
        I have found you an argument; I am not obliged to find you an understanding.

Comment

Hold on a sec - let's see how long this lasts... I'm changing the photo in his ad since he was dumb enough to direct link it from my site.

Comment

goatse? :P

Comment

DAMN! He changed it already! But this time he's linked it directly to mp3car.com! I still want to know who it is!!!

Comment

You sir, are a genius. You otta make it like kind of like the originial, so he won't notice right away, or else make it point to this post. Like "Go here to find out why you shouldn't buy this: "

That's funny though.

Comment

It's linking to http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/atta...achmentid=1487 now

Did he change from leeching off one sit to this site?

Comment

Originally posted by KyleYankan
                    It's linking to http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/atta...achmentid=1487 now

Did he change from leeching off one sit to this site?
                    He sure did! His whole life seems to be fraud!!!

Comment

Stupid question, have you reported him yet?
                      James Radcliffe
                      James@GoDivine.net

Planning (Phase I)
                      |||||++++++| 40% Making Final Pre-Purchase Plans
                      Car Stereo (Phase II)
                      |||||||||++| 80% - Building box, getting ready to wire
                      Carputer (Phase III)
                      ||+++++++++| 10% Desiging CarPC case

Comment

Now he has also changed the descriptor. He is no longer saying this is the system running in HIS car, he simply states it the system running in "a car". FARGING BASTAGE!

Comment

Originally posted by JaymzRR
                          Stupid question, have you reported him yet?
                          I reported him to Ebay and mp3car. But you should've seen the picture that ran on his page for a few minutes. It was a picture of a car on fire with a message at the bottom telling everyone to not buy from him. DAMN THAT WAS FUN! Now I wish I hadn't reported it or tipped him off just so we could see how long it would have stayed up there.

Comment

Is there any possibility its a legit product for sale and he was just leaching pics?
                            James Radcliffe
                            James@GoDivine.net

Planning (Phase I)
                            |||||++++++| 40% Making Final Pre-Purchase Plans
                            Car Stereo (Phase II)
                            |||||||||++| 80% - Building box, getting ready to wire
                            Carputer (Phase III)
                            ||+++++++++| 10% Desiging CarPC case

Comment

Originally posted by JaymzRR
                              Is there any possibility its a legit product for sale and he was just leaching pics?
                              Oh sure! I'm sure that's the case. The fraud came into play where he was posting a pic of my car and claiming it was his own. He's completely changed the page now. DAMN!

Comment

Working...
                              X