Gasoline Boycott True or not True I'll do it

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gasoline Boycott True or not True I'll do it

Gas has gone UP 40 cents in one day here at an exxon station. I was not going to post this but if it helps even a little bit its worth it
    BTW this is probably not true at all but IMO worth a shot

Heres the email
    -----------------------------------------

IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE IN THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA DID NOT PURCHASE A DROP OF GASOLINE FOR ONE DAY AND ALL AT THE SAME TIME, THE OIL COMPANIES WOULD CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES.

AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WITH A NET LOSS OF OVER 4.6 BILLION DOLLARS WHICH AFFECTS THE BOTTOM LINES OF THE OIL COMPANIES.

THEREFORE SEPTEMBER 1st HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED "STICK IT UP THEIR *** " DAY AND THE PEOPLE OF THESE TWO NATIONS SHOULD NOT BUY A SINGLE DROP OF GASOLINE THAT DAY.

THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE DONE IS IF YOU FORWARD THIS E-MAIL TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN AND AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN TO GET THE WORD OUT.

WAITING ON THE GOVERNMENT TO STEP IN AND CONTROL THE PRICES IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REDUCTION AND CONTROL IN PRICES THAT THE ARAB NATIONS PROMISED TWO WEEKS AGO?

REMEMBER ONE THING, NOT ONLY IS THE PRICE OF GASOLINE GOING UP BUT AT THE
    SAME TIME AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES, TRUCKING COMPANIES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES WHICH EFFECTS PRICES ON EVERYTHING THAT IS SHIPPED. THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHING, BUILDING MATERIALS, MEDICAL SUPPLIES ETC. WHO PAYS IN THE END? WE DO!

WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IF THEY DON'T GET THE MESSAGE AFTER ONE DAY, WE WILL DO IT
    AGAIN AND AGAIN.

SO DO YOUR PART AND SPREAD THE WORD. FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW. MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND MAKE SEPTEMBER 1ST A DAY THAT THE CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA SAY "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH"
    .______
    | '_ |__\___
    [(o)|___(o)] XB
    ._________
    | I__I I_I|_\__I
    [(o)______(o)]b VanPimpin'

LostReceptions Apps D/L Here

GPSGasoline- Rewriting

Draw- SkribblePad for Touchscreens

iGQwerty-iG3.0 Qwerty Keyboard

CarPCNetwork

Doesn't work.
    Spent so far: $1,755
    Check Out My Work Log for Specs/Pics
    CarPC Progress[!!!!!!!!!!!!!!].....Installation[---------+].....Pastrami Progress[!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]
    Don't mess with Texas.
    It's not nice to pick on retards!

Comment

I find these boycotts pretty useless. Everyone who will be involved will just end up buying extra gas in the few days before or after. Over the course of the week, the gas station will see no difference.
      I think a better idea would be to boycott one particular franchise. Pick anyone, Esso for example, and never buy gas from them. They will be forced into a position to lower their costs maybe starting a chain reaction.
      If their prices go back up, stop buying from them again.
      Not that esso is to blame only, but some franchise will just be used to make the stand.
      Too tough to coordinate I think though.

my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by lostreception
        BTW this is probably not true at all but IMO worth a shot
        i figured as much logic says it wouldnt work
        on a side noe i specifically dont buy from exxon/mobil not only are thier prices usually higher but there the largest company . eh either way im so sick of this, hey wheres my v8 350 @.........
        .______
        | '_ |__\___
        [(o)|___(o)] XB
        ._________
        | I__I I_I|_\__I
        [(o)______(o)]b VanPimpin'

LostReceptions Apps D/L Here

GPSGasoline- Rewriting

Draw- SkribblePad for Touchscreens

iGQwerty-iG3.0 Qwerty Keyboard

CarPCNetwork

Comment

Imo: Get a 3 cylinder turbodiesel car that weights 1000 pounds and drive only when you have no choice. Than the gas price is going to go down. The prices are getting higher because we consume it more and more.

Comment

Originally posted by knubile
            Pick anyone, Esso for example, and never buy gas from them. They will be forced into a position to lower their costs maybe starting a chain reaction.
            This logic does not work either. Gas companies deal with each other and buy surplus gas from each other. All that will happen is the other stations will use more gas causing them to buy more surplus gas from other companies. In this case, Esso will have the most surplus since they have been boycotted at the pump and be in a position to sell thier surplus at a premium causing prices to go up at the other non-boycotted stations.
            Spent so far: $1,755
            Check Out My Work Log for Specs/Pics
            CarPC Progress[!!!!!!!!!!!!!!].....Installation[---------+].....Pastrami Progress[!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]
            Don't mess with Texas.
            It's not nice to pick on retards!

Comment

Who can have the ignorance to believe this would work, and then have the intelligence to email it?

I go on gas boycotts all the time, I go a week and a half without buying gas. that must really show them.
              Audio Rockford Fosgate: 900 Watt 4-channel amp, 501bd Mono amp
              Computer AMD 2400+ XP, 1 GB DDR RAM, Orbit Micro 250W DC-DC PSU

Head units are for cheaters!
              sure some girls fake orgasms.....but it's guys like me who fake the whole relationship

Comment

That same exact email has gone around the net a few times, all that changes is the date.
                1.6GHz HP e-PC, 768MB RAM, 120GB WD HDD, Slim DVD-ROM, Onboard sound & video, 7" Lilliput, USB GPS Mouse, Audiovox FM Modulator, Vector 400 Watt Power Inverter, Windows XP Pro SP2, iGuidance 2, 15" Samsung LCD for the rear *Carputer not installed*

Comment

Actually, we did a fuel boycott a few years ago when the refineries were blockaded. It certainly had an effect!

Comment

The only way it will have effect is if you boycott driving. It is very easy not to buy gas one day, you just buy it the next. But if everyone skipped an entire fuel up by cutting down driving, then they may feel it. But good luck trying to do that, and frankly gas will always be sold so probably all you would accomplish is ****ing off OPEC and ruining all those friendships our presidents over the past decades have made with the Saudis.
                    James Radcliffe
                    [email protected]

Planning (Phase I)
                    |||||++++++| 40% Making Final Pre-Purchase Plans
                    Car Stereo (Phase II)
                    |||||||||++| 80% - Building box, getting ready to wire
                    Carputer (Phase III)
                    ||+++++++++| 10% Desiging CarPC case

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse Monkey
                      Actually, we did a fuel boycott a few years ago when the refineries were blockaded. It certainly had an effect!
                      But it didn't reduce the cost of petrol for very long did it Andy...

How true.... http://abum.com/files/Animations/hur...ina_050831.swf

^^^ NWS ^^^
                      Old setup
                      Epia M10k, Cubid 2699R case, 512MB, 40GB 3.5" drive
                      New setup
                      Optiplex 260SX (2.8GHz P4, 512MB, 30GB, DVD)
                      Xenarc 700IDT, USB hub, 802.11g, bluetooth, P2140, P5V

Comment

I know boycotts aren't legal in the US, are they legal in the EU?
                        Audio Rockford Fosgate: 900 Watt 4-channel amp, 501bd Mono amp
                        Computer AMD 2400+ XP, 1 GB DDR RAM, Orbit Micro 250W DC-DC PSU

Head units are for cheaters!
                        sure some girls fake orgasms.....but it's guys like me who fake the whole relationship

Comment

Originally posted by markbuts3
                          But it didn't reduce the cost of petrol for very long did it Andy...

How true.... http://abum.com/files/Animations/hur...ina_050831.swf

^^^ NWS ^^^
                          no but imagine what we would be paying now without it!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chain email
                            This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.

Please read it and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $1.50 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $2.75 for regular unleaded in my town. Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50-$1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace.... not sellers.

With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas!
                            And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year, DON"T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they
                            reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do!! Now, don't whimp (sic) out on me at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!! I am sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!! Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people and DON"T purchase ANY gasoline from EXXON and MOBIL. That's all.
                            Slightly better idea, but doubt it will really work.
                            ODYSSEY

Originally posted by Tidder
                            Hey, as long as it's not any particular race I'm offending, I can stand to be a pedophile.
                            All information expressed in this post is my opinion, and should not be regarded as a statement of fact.
                            Digital-Car UK|

(\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by lgbr
                              I know boycotts aren't legal in the US, are they legal in the EU?
                              freedom of speech and you can refuse to buy petrol if you dont want to.

but your government might claim your actions are inciting political and social trouble

Comment

Working...
                              X