mp3Car not touchscreen friendly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mp3Car not touchscreen friendly

I have noticed that the navigation structure for our site is not very touchscreen friendly. I often use my car to visit and look for info and the navigation inside a thread is way too small and I have an 8 inch screen so you guys with the 7s must really have a hard time. Can we do something about this.
    The Car 2005 Scion xB

The Truck 2004 GMC Canyon

Originally posted by fixerofallthing
    I have noticed that the navigation structure for our site is not very touchscreen friendly. I often use my car to visit and look for info and the navigation inside a thread is way too small and I have an 8 inch screen so you guys with the 7s must really have a hard time. Can we do something about this.
    Uhhhh.....
    The whole point of teh smaller touchscreens is to run a front-end that makes navigation of some computer functions usable whkle driving. Putting an address into a GPS program or selecting songs from the MP3 collection and so on.
    Not for reading web pages while driving!

Suggestions: get a mouse as a backup for surfing while parked.

It's pretty ballsy of a n00b to request a rework of an entire website so they can surf that site with their particular hardware.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

DarquePervert - CNB (Certified n00b Basher)

Actually he's got a point, maybe someone skin up a theme for vBulletin that can allow the option of having a TS friendly forum.

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert
        Uhhhh.....
        The whole point of teh smaller touchscreens is to run a front-end that makes navigation of some computer functions usable whkle driving. Putting an address into a GPS program or selecting songs from the MP3 collection and so on.
        Not for reading web pages while driving!

Suggestions: get a mouse as a backup for surfing while parked.

It's pretty ballsy of a n00b to request a rework of an entire website so they can surf that site with their particular hardware.
        Just because my profile says noob does not mean I do not know what I am doing or what I am talking about. Where did it say in my post that I surf while driving? When you assume things you know what they say that does. I posted this for discussion not to get flamed by some of you guys that think noobs are a pain. I just know how to search and can figure out things for myself. BE KIND!!!!

I do use a mouse but it was while I was surfing in my car this morning before work that I realized how ironic it was that a site about car computers and the prefered input method for those computers are not very compatible.

Thank you enforcer for seeing with an open mind. As a matter of fact I am posting this from my car now while on my lunch break.

Again this is a forum for discussion not attacking.
        The Car 2005 Scion xB

The Truck 2004 GMC Canyon

Comment

I think he's got a point. And I like enforcer's idea. So who's up for the challange for making a new skin?
          I've seen on other forums that you can choose from a couple of different skins so if you at home u can use the regular skin and in the car you could change to the touchscreen friendly skin.
          Installed
          Asus A7N8X-VM - AMD Mobile Athlon 2400
          512 Ram - 60GB HD - Opus 150w
          Lilliput 7" - Rikaline 6010
          [00000000000001100010-] 98% Completed

Check Out My Install!!!

Comment

i can read it find and use it on my touchscreen altho i have large text set to override the websites settings
            CarPC Status:
            GPS: 99%
            Hardware: 99%
            Software: 92%
            Case Install: 99.9%
            Dash Install: 100%
            Car Install: 72%

Comment

I wonder, is there a way to make it easier for my to browse the web on my 3.5" PDA screen? Please change the res of the whole site to 320X240 so I can enjoy surfing during class.

Peace,

Rafster
              Post # 3000

Comment

Originally posted by Rafster
                I wonder, is there a way to make it easier for my to browse the web on my 3.5" PDA screen? Please change the res of the whole site to 320X240 so I can enjoy surfing during class.

Peace,

Rafster
                mp3car.com has a pda option it's an all text version tho

Ok i lied

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/prin...d.php?p=632445

my phone always see's print threads tho hmm
                CarPC Status:

Comment

Depend on how vBuilletin is coded. It can be as easy as load up a new stylesheet for small carPC version or pda/phone verson.
                  2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                  89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                  Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                  RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                  EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

It's not really the layout thats the problem its more the size of the links that is the problem altho a diff stylesheet with bigger links and maybe avatars removed would help
                    CarPC Status:

Comment

I was actually joking about looks at the site on my PDA. It can't hold enough cache for most of the threads. I tried loading the funny pics thread and it was like "uh-uh, no I won't!!"

I just use my laptop during class. I use it to "take notes"

Peace,

Rafster
                      Post # 3000

Comment

i like the idea. I think we should be able to select a theme and for some people have a preset them by IP. hehe that would be fun for the mods.
                        I GIVE FREE HUGS!
                        Buy Sell or Trade
                        If my pm box is full, please feel free to call me any time. 440-328-3382
                        Thank you
                        Forex
                        Rate Mp3car @ FXroot.com

Comment

Teaser....

The entire mp3car.com web site is in the midst of a complete redesign and one of our design goals is to make as much use of CSS as possible. I'll be doing all of the HTML work myself and handing off the CSS+graphics to a designer. I hadn't really thought about it, but I see no reason why we couldn't allow users of the site to submit their own CSS, a-la http://csszengarden.com/ and implement the same type of system to switch style sheets.

At this point, implementing a small touchscreen friendly style sheet would be simply a matter of someone taking the time to code up the style sheets.

-p.

Comment

Working...
                          X