Firefox Rocks!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox Rocks!!!

for a while i was not understanding what all the fuss was about firefox. When it first came out i downloaded it, and gave it a try and my first impression was, um....where is everything. It seemed like a lite version of a full browser.
    Boy was i wrong! Firefox is the bomb.
    The key to firefox is its EXTENSIONS, omg i have never seen so many usefull addons to any one app. I cant see myself ever going back to IE for anything other than windows update.
    Note to anyone still using IE, STOP NOW! lol.

Now ive been a long time Opera user and so far ive found a few firefox extensions of some opera features that i missed. But there is still one feature, the biggest one IMO that i havent been able to find yet. TRUE page scaleing. Anyone whos used Opera knows what i mean, opera has the best scale feature hands down, no matter how small or big your screen is, opera will scale the page's images and text, from -20% to +1000% and in most cases without seriously screwing up the pages layout.
    This feature alone is the reason i only use opera in my car.
    Now does anyone know if there is a extension somewhere for firefox that has this feature? I dont know how long i can keep using firefox without it. It seems in this area firefox is even below IE, as it wont keep my settings for text size and i have to constantly Increase the text size for every page over and over.
    01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
    01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
    mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

i dont know if firefox allows images to be upscaled. if that is a word. But text...
    I GIVE FREE HUGS!
    Buy Sell or Trade
    If my pm box is full, please feel free to call me any time. 440-328-3382
    Thank you
    Forex
    Rate Mp3car @ FXroot.com

Comment

actually i just found this extension that as a suprise has the feature built in. The extension is a color picker called Colorzilla. Im not sure if its using its own code to scale the page or if its sending the command to firefox, i wish it were a default feature though as it, along with a few other settings in firefox dont seem to stick after you restart.
      right now im searching for any kind of command line switches for firefox but i dont seem to be coming up with any.
      01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
      01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
      http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
      mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

Everytime I install winodws on a computer I uninstall IE and install Firefox, my friends hate me when I do it to them , I guess they are MicroNoobz.

jjh irc

Comment

I downloaded the new firefox beta & it does exactly what you want with fonts, it's in my car now
          MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

Originally posted by kevinlekiller
            Everytime I install winodws on a computer I uninstall IE and install Firefox, my friends hate me when I do it to them , I guess they are MicroNoobz.

jjh irc
            You can't uninstall IE. It is too closely tied to Windows explorer. If you think it is gone just open up Windows explorer and in the address bar type a Web Address to see what happens.

Comment

PC Components:
              Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
              My work log

Comment

Originally posted by rebelleader
                You can't uninstall IE. It is too closely tied to Windows explorer. If you think it is gone just open up Windows explorer and in the address bar type a Web Address to see what happens.
                Noobs dont know that, they think that if the shortcut is not there , the program doesnt exist. Thats why noobs delete shortcuts thinking they are removing programs and saving space.

Comment

i remember doing that too. 12 years ago... lol

Comment

All I run is FF. Best browser ever.
                    Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
                    Kenwood X790 x/ iP500 Ipod Interface
                    Elemental Designs 13Kv.2 D2
                    CDT ES-620 (omg yayay!!!1)
                    NINe.2X, NINe.2

Comment

All I'm going to say is

TABS

Peace,

Rafster
                      Post # 3000

Comment

tabs

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse Monkey

tabs

That always amazes me when I use a Windows computer without Firefox installed. I can't believe that IE hasn't adopted tabs. It would be so simple to implement and it is so useful. I guess MSFT is just too busy bastardizing other things to be concerned about tabs in IE.

Comment

Oh yeah, and dancing sticks of anti-persperant underarm deoderant is cool too.

Comment

Tabs ;

Comment

Working...
                              X