Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My job has been outsourced, for a dollar can you guess where??????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My job has been outsourced, for a dollar can you guess where??????

Yes, that's right, I have joined the legions of IT professionals who lost there jobs to that exotic land around the world, India!

my employer in all its infinite wisdom has decided that i cost to much. This post really has no purpose other then for me to vent, and i have already been in contact with old managers and associates in a attempt to find work before i am given my official pink slip, but i ask you what good does saving the company money do by sending work overseas if no one in your home country has any money to buy your product, because they cannot keep a decent job?

If it was not for a manager "accidentally" sending off an email to the wrong distribution list (including myself) containing details of the entire project I would not have had any notice of the event. Now at least i have till sometime between mid December and mid February to find work. They would have not had any regard for the lives of the people affected, now i am around 9 months from finishing my diplomia (currently taking 18 credits) planning my wedding for next September and I have to find a new job in my career.

3 years wasted.

grrrrrrrrrrr.
    My Install

Software:
    CFiG v1
    iGuidance Plugin for CF

CarShell
    Working shell for a CarPC

StopWatch
    StopWatch plugin remade for centrafuse RC1

Sorry to hear than man it sucks

I don't gewt why the hell they movie this **** to india its so damn hard to understand them that more money is wasted cause u take twice as long to get it all fixed.

Im going from personal experience almost all telcos in australia have india as their call centre and its a bloody joke serious it might be cheaper but they lose customers cause of the trouble trying to understand them and the frustration.

Serious i had a guy from india call up saying iw as gonna get a free phone and i keep asking what the catch was and he goes oh its got a colour screen a great camera blah blah and then when i said no he got all ****ty with me.

Im sorry to hear about that man but i tell u there will be ALOT of complaining about it all.
    CarPC Status:
    GPS: 99%
    Hardware: 99%
    Software: 92%
    Case Install: 99.9%
    Dash Install: 100%
    Car Install: 72%

Comment

That sucks alti. I just wish you the best of luck and hope you can find a new job.
      Installed
      Asus A7N8X-VM - AMD Mobile Athlon 2400
      512 Ram - 60GB HD - Opus 150w
      Lilliput 7" - Rikaline 6010
      [00000000000001100010-] 98% Completed

Check Out My Install!!!

Comment

thanks guys.

@NIN - dont worry it was not a public helpdesk so you dont have to worry about adding another possible foreign desk to your possible phone calls.

It was a internal remote support for another company. (i doubt they are going to be happy with the change though)
        My Install

Software:
        CFiG v1
        iGuidance Plugin for CF

CarShell

StopWatch

Comment

I hope this helps to make you feel a bit better...

http://www.illwillpress.com/vault.html Click on the one labeled "Tech Support."

Enjoy and Good Luck!
          For Sale: Carputer (CarPC) & RCA Y-Adapter
          Newsflash: Take a look at my unsold stuff above, thanks!
          Up Next: Make an OBD to Serial cable & Redo the "MMI buttons"

Comment

lol monkey with shocky stick
            My Install

Software:
            CFiG v1
            iGuidance Plugin for CF

CarShell

StopWatch

Comment

Sorry to hear about it alti.
              They are talking about outsourcing my work to China All because we cost too much. But it doesn't stop the CEO increasing his salary and benifits!! Don't get me started!
              Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

Comment

Originally posted by alti
                thanks guys.

@NIN - dont worry it was not a public helpdesk so you dont have to worry about adding another possible foreign desk to your possible phone calls.

It was a internal remote support for another company. (i doubt they are going to be happy with the change though)
                Sorry for laughing, but AHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. That was the best joke I've ever heard from an Indian, ever.

Sorry to hear about this. At least you have a couple months though, right? Thanks to your retard manager.

Comment

:-( SORRY TO HEAR THAT DUDE i duno i cant really talk crap about moving jobs to india and **** :-P im from pakistan! so yeah lol but dont worry u were too good for them n e way ull find a better job who knows u might be the boss for the indians who took ur job lol

Comment

aight dude hear me well, if u get fired; find a lawyer, a good one, go over ur contract or what ever u signed with the company and let ur lawyer or u find something to fight for and sue them. Discrimination of race? disabilities? it all works there have been a case where a woman sued a company because they fired her when she found out she had breast cancer which is notthing to laugh about. i know this is not the case with you but if you find something let you lawyer know and win the money! the breastcancer woman won 800k btw

Comment

good luck meddler

@ JeremyM - I believe the retard manager did not atually make a mistake, I think he wanted to give us warning. If anyone there would it would have been him.

@ Kiriller - NY is a right to work state. They can let me go anytime they want. The breat cancer thibg is completely differnt they fired her for the wrong reasons.
                      My Install

Software:
                      CFiG v1
                      iGuidance Plugin for CF

CarShell

StopWatch

Comment

Sorry to hear man... I hate to see whan good ppl suffer from bad ppls stupid decisions. Hope it'll all work out though...

Peace

BND

Comment

Originally posted by alti
                          good luck meddler

@ JeremyM - I believe the retard manager did not atually make a mistake, I think he wanted to give us warning. If anyone there would it would have been him.

@ Kiriller - NY is a right to work state. They can let me go anytime they want. The breat cancer thibg is completely differnt they fired her for the wrong reasons.
                          yeah, employment at will sucks. my previous manager(for the IT department at my college) was fired because he got in a yelling argument with a student who cut him off and almost ran him off the road. The girl complained that he yelled at her.....that day he had to clean off his desk. I think most companies have employement at will.....sucks.

sorry man
                          PC Components:
                          Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
                          My work log

Comment

Sorry to hear it, dude. F'in CEO's! My company is doing a lot of outsourcing to India as well. I'd guess it's only a matter of time before my job is shipped out, too...

Take unemployment and stick it to 'em! Or make em pay a few months salary.
                            http://www.jeepmp3.com/
                            CarPC Stolen. Starting over.
                            Ne1 recognize the avatar?

Comment

sorry to hear that alti, that sucks.

I remember when I was contracting, and the contract wasn't renewed, how much the uncertainty of my next gig sucked. It's gotta be 100x worse if it was a perm job in the first place.

I dunno, but maybe the MTA/sub-agencies has something suitable for you.. http://www.mta.info/mta/employment
                              Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

Working...
                              X