Hood scoop/ Blower

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hood scoop/ Blower

I want to get a hood scoop, but a special kind. I dont know what its called, but I think its similar to a blower, like in hot rods. I cant find any companies that sell blowers though. Its the same thing as the hood on the taxi in the movie TAXI. http://www.cinemanow.com/images/boxa..._movie_174.jpg
    In the pic it just looks like a bunch of tubes, but I want it more covered than that (more like a hood scoop.
    Can someone tell me what these things are called, Its been driving me nuts

Originally posted by Sir Posts A Lot
    I said I dont care anymore, so just leave it alone.

Comment

What? I was talking about that other thread. This has absolutly nothing to do with that. Is it a crime to want to put a hood scoop on your car?

Comment

it's called a carburetor

you can't use one on your fuel injected car

dang, now I'm starting to see how everyone gets mad at noobs

Comment

Thank you. Thats all I wanted to know.

Comment

I take it this is what you mean? I'ts the throttle plates in front of usually a carb.

I suppose you could do it with fuel injection, but it won't be a bolt-on mod
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by greenman100
              it's called a carburetor

you can't use one on your fuel injected car
              Sure he can, he's a complete ricer so you know it won't be a real one. It will be used to hide his paintball guns and probably loaded with sparklers for extra "wow factor". Of course the intake flaps will be spring loaded ninja stars as well.

I can see the news story now. "Boy dies after firing off ninja star hooked up in the wrong direction."

Comment

Wait 2 years , theyll sell em at walmart made out of plastic for 100$ like plastic spinner hubcaps.

Comment

they're a neat idea if implemeted correctly

if they're non-functional, that'd just make me mad

Comment

that would be one big pc cooler.
                    I GIVE FREE HUGS!
                    Buy Sell or Trade
                    If my pm box is full, please feel free to call me any time. 440-328-3382
                    Thank you
                    Forex
                    Rate Mp3car @ FXroot.com

Comment

A definite use for those

if you could implement it properly is...

I ran into this problem this summer with the AC in my van. When it gets so hot that the ambient temp outside is 100+, the temp under the hood (and especially around the AC condensor/compressor can reach temps so high that the coolant isn't getting properly liquified under the hood...cuz the condensor/compressor is stayin too hot to work effectively. A scoop and/or blower with ducting set up in such a way that the air coming in is directed at the components that need it most...would be good.

You'll say "what about the air comin thru the grille?"
                      My answer is that the air coming through the grille also goes thru the radiator which is already running at around the boiling point of water...so the air that gets to the compressor/condensor is already hot before it gets there.

Comment

I got some stick-on exaust pipes from ollies for $2.99

they look PRETTY SICK MAN!

Comment

lol yea right.

Comment

I'm thinking about either putting them on my-soon-to-be 1999 baby blue dodge caravan, or my outboard...

or to be blatently retarded, on a window or something.

Comment

Take out the exhaust and just put those tips. Its gonna make lots of sound.

Comment

Working...
                              X