Winter protection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter protection

Hey guys I thought I would just share this... If you live in an area where salt is put down to better driving conditions you might try this..

Salt = very damaging to cars

but what do you do? Clean it off ASAP? hmm if you live up north thats easier said than done..... When tomorrow it's just going to snow again it just doesnt' seem to make sense... so if found an alternative.

Bedliner... I know you have seen the truck in the mall with it's sprayed on bedliner right?

Well you can buy a cheaper spray can and get the same results at walmart.. $5 a can spray down the underside of your car and your ready to go. I did it went on great and actually looks good.. not only that just looking at the way it goes on and how it's held up over the last few months I'm satisfied and have great confidence in it.

the salt's still there and its still eating. it may look better but it hardly solves the problem. just like waxing a boat, it looks shinnier but unless you scrub and scrub, its not helping any.

Comment

Year round protection.
      Audio Rockford Fosgate: 900 Watt 4-channel amp, 501bd Mono amp
      Computer AMD 2400+ XP, 1 GB DDR RAM, Orbit Micro 250W DC-DC PSU

Head units are for cheaters!
      sure some girls fake orgasms.....but it's guys like me who fake the whole relationship

Comment

thats shapped weird. (the center)

Comment

Originally posted by Escalade182
          thats shapped weird. (the center)
          It's for people who shoot blanks, like scouse.
          Audio Rockford Fosgate: 900 Watt 4-channel amp, 501bd Mono amp
          Computer AMD 2400+ XP, 1 GB DDR RAM, Orbit Micro 250W DC-DC PSU

Head units are for cheaters!
          sure some girls fake orgasms.....but it's guys like me who fake the whole relationship

Comment

didnt know they made a specail one...

Comment

they should make brick catchers for people like kev. cuz depends just cant do it.

Comment

The salt might be there be it isn't eating at your floor pan..

Comment

Originally posted by Escalade182
                  they should make brick catchers for people like kev. cuz depends just cant do it.
                  I dont really know what that means, but you realy like me dont you

Comment

You would want to paint it before any salt got on the under carriage. It would also have to be prepped, cleaned - dirt, rust.

I have heard that it was not recommended to paint your undercarriage because moisture will still inevitably find cracks to get in and then the paint will hold it there causing the undercarriage to rust out more quickly. I am not saying this is true - but I thought I would pass it on.

Comment

not true.

Dont know what the stuff at $5 is but in the uk where our roads are wet and salty 9 month of the year 'waxoil' is used.

That or old engine oil brushed on every year.
                      Lez, more widely known as flez1966

Comment

I used to work for a funeral director who used the engine oil method. The problem was if you ever wanted to do anything under the bonnet you got covered in thick black sludge. and in wet weather any water blown onto the screen from the front end of the hearse was all greasy... happy days.
                        www.debthelpexpert.org

Comment

Originally posted by kevinlekiller
                          I dont really know what that means, but you realy like me dont you
                          I'm emplying that you **** a brick when scouse yelled at you.

Comment

Nope , I just saw that he hated me posting in there so I stopped , doesnt mean I dont read it , its actually easy to read now that I dont post there

Comment

The bedliner is like a dry hardend tar or plastic...It dries in minutes and if you have to get under your car you dont' have to worry about getting covered in oil...

Comment

Working...
                              X