• Show
Clear All

• I just hit a Deer - and nothing happend - I am so [email protected] lucky

I just hit a Deer - I was doing about 50mph and saw a Small deer -
    it was standing near the road right at the edge, I started to slow
    down got down to 25mph and it started to run out in front of me,
    I pressed a little harder on the brake - my brakes lock up - I have ABS -
    guess it dont work, and the road was wet from a light rain, I slid into
    the deer at my guess about 15mph - it bounced up into the air about 4-5 foot
    and fell into the ditch - it then ran away - I drove home and cant see
    any damage

I am shocked - and happy

wheee.. just like a video game

-arebelspy
    See my trades here! My For Sale/Trade Thread. Email joe at eipse.com
    Originally posted by xdjxklusivex
    i think every thread is now a whoreing thread

Comment

will1384 : Redneck Deer Hunter

Comment

Deer **** me off. It's good you didn't get any damage though.
        Audio Rockford Fosgate: 900 Watt 4-channel amp, 501bd Mono amp
        Computer AMD 2400+ XP, 1 GB DDR RAM, Orbit Micro 250W DC-DC PSU

Head units are for cheaters!
        sure some girls fake orgasms.....but it's guys like me who fake the whole relationship

Comment

Originally posted by lgbr
          Deer **** me off. It's good you didn't get any damage though.
          where you been , have you been hit by a deer? we dont see you much anymore , I kinda miss the weird threads you start.

Comment

no dinner tonight eh?
            Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

Get some of those deer thingies you stick on the front of the car, if they really work. (or paintball guns )

Comment

will1384 = will1337

Comment

dude is the deer okay???

Comment

Man you are lucky. I hit a deer a few years back in my jeep wrangler. It jumped out of the woods right in front of me - all I could do was break and hang on. It bent my bumper, dented my front right fender, bent my grille, and ripped off 1 fog light. I was sure it was going to come right through the windshield but at the last second it got pulled under my jeep. It scared the hell out of me. The deer actually managed to run off into the woods but I doubt it lived very long. There was deer fur and blood imbedded between my rim and my tire and in my fender.

Some advice for any inexperienced drivers driving in areas where there are deers. If you see a deer and he is 20 feet off the road and not even looking in you direction SLOW DOWN to like 5 miles an hour and crawl by. It may seem silly but they are amazingly fast and can jump and they love to jump out in front of a moving vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by Curiosity
                      Get some of those deer thingies you stick on the front of the car, if they really work. (or paintball guns )
                      Yep but they look ugly - this deer looked so dumb if I unloaded
                      with my paintball gun it would stand there and wonder why its
                      fur is multi colored

one time there was a herd of deer on the road - I slowed to a stop
                      and they just sit there looking at my head lights, so I slowly started
                      driving up to one and just taped it ever so lightly and they all run
                      away - but they just sit there for over a minute - I could have got
                      out and kicked them - damn deer are dumb

Comment

Originally posted by gbh
                        Man you are lucky. I hit a deer a few years back in my jeep wrangler. It jumped out of the woods right in front of me - all I could do was break and hang on. It bent my bumper, dented my front right fender, bent my grille, and ripped off 1 fog light. I was sure it was going to come right through the windshield but at the last second it got pulled under my jeep. It scared the hell out of me. The deer actually managed to run off into the woods but I doubt it lived very long. There was deer fur and blood imbedded between my rim and my tire and in my fender.

Some advice for any inexperienced drivers driving in areas where there are deers. If you see a deer and he is 20 feet off the road and not even looking in you direction SLOW DOWN to like 5 miles an hour and crawl by. It may seem silly but they are amazingly fast and can jump and they love to jump out in front of a moving vehicle.
                        I ran over a full size deer after a big rigg hit it - I was doing
                        about 75-80mph - the car lifted of the ground - my car is a full size
                        4 door - it scared the poop out of me - and the car had fur and
                        blood all over the underside and bumper - did not do any real
                        damage - but had to get the car washed

Comment

think deers are headlight starrer...
                          lower your headlight and sound your horn

i lived in australia for 7 years... overthere, kangaroos are equarly dangerous.
                          CarPC Ver 4 completed. Aopen i45GMT-HD, C2D mobile 2GHz. Photofast 64GB SSD. Novatel EU-850D

Comment

You better bring the car to the dealer/shop to check the brake out.
                            Glad you are okay.
                            2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                            89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                            Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                            RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                            EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Originally posted by MatrixPC
                              You better bring the car to the dealer/shop to check the brake out.
                              Glad you are okay.
                              Thanks

Normally I do all my own work - unless its cheaper to get a
                              mechanic to do it - and I do have a OBD 1 and 2 scanner
                              a autoxray, and every tool except a lift - but the scanner
                              wont tell me any thing on my ABS - so I may have to
                              get it checked

And a few months ago I paid a mechanic to redo my entire
                              suspension system - and he left one wheel sensor unplugged,
                              I just plugged it back up - the parts alone cost $450 and
                              he did the job for about $550 and it took all day - so
                              he might have got a little ****y about the deal only making
                              about $100 -

Comment

Working...
                              X