No announcement yet.

DVD to Mpeg 2 part?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD to Mpeg 2 part?

What is the best/easiest/quickest way to convert DVD to mpeg? 2 Part question:

I’ve captured Music video from my TV to my PC a while back and transferred ‘em over to DVD.

Part 1:
    What should I use (recommend) to convert DVD to mpeg so I could transfer those over to the car PC? What is the best format for carpc (space saving)

Part 2:
    Since I captured the music video, all videos are one right after the other. So I have 1 DVD with over 3 hours of continues videos. What could I use to “break” ‘em up by artist.
    Crazy Miami Drivers
    R.I.P. My first ever NEW Car
    Old installation
    New Install!!!

|-------------------100%|Cables ran
    |----------------85%----|Software RR

For part 1 I suggest Gordian Knot, or Auto Gordian Knot for "quick start" solution. I personally recommend Xvid encoding; I feel it gives a pretty good balance between quality and size.
    For part 2 try Virtualdub or Nandub to split into files.
    Check out doom9's site for more info and downloads etc.

^ both very good programs to use. I'm using autoGK to get movies onto the carpc and it worked great at first, but I'm getting audio sync problems. I found a possible solution tho.

If you want to try, you can put the file into Windows movie maker and split it in there, but you would have to click and drag a lot of clips to get one music video. It would work, it's already on your computer, but it may take some more time.

Easy video splitter.
        Does exactly what it says on the tin