Finally! I'm a homeowner!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally! I'm a homeowner!

Well, it is finally over. After getting shafted repeatedly by an incompetent loan officer, I went over her head and got everything done. We closed today, in what has to be the most exhausting experience of my life. It should've taken 45 minutes, but took 6 hours. But even as exhausted as I am, I'm still excited about my "biggest Christmas present ever" (to myself). It's sitting on 10.81 acres. Here's some pics:
    Attached Files
    www.bradleyjacobs.com

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. -- Frank Zappa

And a few more...
    Attached Files
    www.bradleyjacobs.com

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. -- Frank Zappa

Comment

Absolutely awesome place. Enjoy it.

Michael
      ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

does the furnitur come with it? say the big screen tv? Have fun mowing the grass every week

All joking aside i'd be happy if i had a house like that. I like it... May i ask how much you payed for it?

Cheers :boddy:

Comment

Originally posted by BoyNextDoor
          does the furnitur come with it? say the big screen tv? Have fun mowing the grass every week

All joking aside i'd be happy if i had a house like that. I like it... May i ask how much you payed for it?

Cheers :boddy:
          Unfortunately, no. The TV goes with the sellers. It is HUGE!. I stood beside it this morning, and realized that I couldn't reach from one side to the other, and I'm 5'11"

I paid $192K + closing costs + 1 yr homeowners insurance, + $325 appraisal + $500 survey = ~$206K lock, stock, and barrel.

Oh, and I got a ~$2000 (my best guess) professional air compressor that originally came from the seller's tire store for $300. It's big enough to run a tire mounting machine. I think it has an 80 or 100 gallon tank. It's taller than me.
          www.bradleyjacobs.com

Comment

Originally posted by blurp
            I paid $192K + closing costs + 1 yr homeowners insurance, + $325 appraisal + $500 survey = ~$206K lock, stock, and barrel.
            I'm moving to TN. That's a good price for all that you get. You would need to double that that get a small condo around here and still have to pay $400/month in condo fees. Congratulations on your new pad.

Comment

good stuff. well done
              Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

Comment

Originally posted by Zip-Lock
                I'm moving to TN. That's a good price for all that you get. You would need to double that that get a small condo around here and still have to pay $400/month in condo fees. Congratulations on your new pad.
                Then, by all means, look at http://www.realtracs.com

It's Tennessee's official realtor MLS site. You can search and filter by almost anything. By the way, are you really moving, or just wishfull thinking?
                www.bradleyjacobs.com

Comment

Here's the terraserver pic with the actual survey plat cleaned up and resized to fit on it. The plat is shaped kinda funny, but it follows the lay of the land up a hill. There's another flat spot up there where my parents are going to build a small house in a couple of years, so I can take care of them as they get older.

edit: This picture was made right after the house was built, so the metal building and the pool/deck aren't there yet.
                  Attached Files
                  www.bradleyjacobs.com

Comment

Originally posted by blurp
                    Then, by all means, look at http://www.realtracs.com

It's Tennessee's official realtor MLS site. You can search and filter by almost anything. By the way, are you really moving, or just wishfull thinking?

I think it is wishfull thinking.

Small shacks in my neighborhood go for over 800,000. Your place would be in the tens of millions in my hood.

My parents neighbors just sold their house. It is about 2500 square foot house, on a 5,000-8,000 sq foot lot (mind you, that is just about 1/8 of an acre) and it sold for 1.2 million.

Damn, L.A. is expensive.

Michael
                    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiredwrx
                      I think it is wishfull thinking.

Small shacks in my neighborhood go for over 800,000. Your place would be in the tens of millions in my hood.

My parents neighbors just sold their house. It is about 2500 square foot house, on a 5,000-8,000 sq foot lot (mind you, that is just about 1/8 of an acre) and it sold for 1.2 million.

Damn, L.A. is expensive.

Michael

Crap! This house is 4 bedroom, 2.5 bath, and is 2450 sq. ft. I'll make someone a terrific deal at only $999,999! What a bargain!

But seriously, the house and 5 acres appraised for $205k. The house with all the land appraised for $225k, so I got a really good deal, but I'll NEVER deal with US Bank again. The loan officer in Cincinatti told 4 different stories to 4 different people: me, my wife, the title company manager, and my realtor. Of course, she should have known that we all were going to be in the same room together today, but I guess she thinks that her lies will never catch up with her.

Anyway, I called her boss today and unloaded. I went off for a good 15 minutes about how incopetent, deceitful, arrogant, and rude she was. So she apologized for the incopetence and arrogance of her subordinate, and refunded $648 worth of loan origination fees with an apology in writing, and a promise to "fully address" the issues I had with the loan officer.

Sometimes it really pays to be an ***.
                      www.bradleyjacobs.com

Comment

awesome, good luck!
                        Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

Great find i can see having a BBQ on the patio and having a swim at night alt of fun there

I think your next gift needs to be a rideon Lawn mower and a MowerPC like the one with frodos frontend i still love that install
                          CarPC Status:
                          GPS: 99%
                          Hardware: 99%
                          Software: 92%
                          Case Install: 99.9%
                          Dash Install: 100%
                          Car Install: 72%

Comment

Originally posted by NiN^_^NiN
                            Great find i can see having a BBQ on the patio and having a swim at night alt of fun there

I think your next gift needs to be a rideon Lawn mower and a MowerPC like the one with frodos frontend i still love that install

hehehe. I've decided against buying a riding lawnmower. I'd have to spend at least $3000 to get one that I could mow the front 3 acres (a.k.a. The Yard) with in a day. Then I still wouldn't have anything to take care of the rest of the land. So I'm gonna buy a used tractor and bush hog for around $3000, and buy this: http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...12395&R=112395

It's a 9' 8" gang reel mower. I can get the yard mowed in a hurry with that thing, and it'll look like a golf course.
                            www.bradleyjacobs.com

Comment

ahh, another target for the HTPC forums, and one who's pretty good at the mp3car stuff already

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65511
                              Last updated 4/11/06 - My personal website with my slick integrated HTPC GUI and HA System
                              My HA/HT blog

Comment

Working...
                              X