Battlefield 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 2

I know nothing about video cards. My PC will only accept a PCI card. Can anyone recommend a card around $150.00 that run Battlefield 2?
    The box says: NVidia GeForce FX 5700 or greater.
    and: ATI Radeon 8500; ATI Radeon 9500 or greater.
    I'm confused because a bigger number is not neccesarily better, correct?

Preferrably from Newegg.
    AtmosUSA.biz, E-Cig Mods
    "A great smoking alternative"

I don't think there's man (if any at all) PCI video cards that will be suitable for BF2.
    I could be wrong.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Use the force Luke..............
      http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814139166

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity
        Is anyone using this with BF2?
        AtmosUSA.biz, E-Cig Mods

Comment

what would be your other options?
          http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c8.../positions.gif

Comment

It ran on minimal settings 800X600 on my fx 5600 go... But the card there is really low end... I really would recommend you to upgrade to at least an AGP or even better to a PCI Express system... Sorry to brake it to you, but you won't be able to play BF2 on a PCI card... PCI is too slow...

Comment

I'd upgrade your motherboard. Of course with that you will probably be updating your CPU too And with that....
              AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
              Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
              Installed.

-GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
              -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

Comment

Crap. +
                Glad I posted here before I bought that card.
                Thanks
                AtmosUSA.biz, E-Cig Mods

Comment

Lets face it. The newer crop of games simply isn't going to run well, if at all, on odler hardware.
                  My AthXP2400+ with GeForce4 Ti 4400 and a gig of RAM doesn't cut it for newer games.
                  Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
                  How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

that's an LE, i have one, they suck.
                    I'mmmmmm a n00b.... feel free to make fun

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert
                      Lets face it. The newer crop of games simply isn't going to run well, if at all, on odler hardware.
                      My AthXP2400+ with GeForce4 Ti 4400 and a gig of RAM doesn't cut it for newer games.
                      Come to talk of it...

I have a Athlon XP 1800+ (1.53GHz) with 512 low latency ram... But i have an ATI X850 XT AGP card... so i casn play far cry, and all the games (NFS MW) in full detail w/o laging. BF2 is ok, but i have to limit the graphics b/c if i pull all graphics up it loads 1.5 GB into ram and i don't have that... I have to get myself a 2 GB kit to play BF2 in full detail. But games that don't depend too much on ram are awesome...

I really should swith mobo/proc generations too, but i'm broke now... I'll be better soon Paying off my credit card this week...

Comment

It takes a good PC, and that's good by this weeks standards! Otehrwise man, it's a cracking game
                        1996 Volvo 850 T5 CD - Eventually I'll start....

Comment

That PCI card won't even cut it. Gotta look for 256mb cards and AGP 4x or better.

I am barely able to run it on a AMD 2400+, 512mb RAM, ATi X700 pro 256...

It takes forever to load levels. The first two to three minutes are laggy as all get out. That's on mostly on 32+ players. My ping is usually 50-100 too.

Other than that... it is a kick butt game. Trying to get more people to play it is difficult because all my friends need to upgrade their systems.

If you want a good game that doesn't take all the resources check out CoD2.

Comment

Initial lag once on a level is a widespread and expected problem, look at the qaulity of the game engine!
                            1996 Volvo 850 T5 CD - Eventually I'll start....

Comment

i get mad *** loading times as well... but what can you want from a 1800+... they say though that it's on the ram rather then on the CPU... I'll see when i'll upgrde down the road...

Comment

Working...
                              X