Surface Mount Resistor Help NEEDED!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surface Mount Resistor Help NEEDED!!!

Ok I bought a led scanner to replace my third brake light. It uses 16 blue 5mm leds. Im replacing the blue leds to 16 red 10mm ones. The problem is that the led board regulates the voltage to 5 volts. Then uses 271ohm surface mount resistors of some size to drop it down to around 1-1.2 volts. I talk to the company that made the board and they told me I could replace the Surface mount resistors with lower value ones for more brightness. I did the calculations and found I need 100ohm 1/8 watt resistors to achieve around 3.2-3.4 volts at 20ma. The question is where do I buy surface mount resitors and what size do i need. here are some pics. The resistors say 271 on them and I tested them with a multi meter and found them to be 270 ohm resistors which is what I expected. Any input would be appriciated.

Wrong section. Cant figure out how to delete this thread.

Comment

you cant. but good luck soldering smt resistors.

Comment

you can edit the 1st post and remove all details and give a link to a new thread that you create.

Comment

You dont think its possible. Ive soldered surface mount leds before so the resistors should not be a problem. Just dont know the size of the resistors on the board. Not the rating and all i know that but the physical size. So I can get the same size but a different ohm rating. Thanks JCarere

Comment

i just hate soldering small things - got the shaked fromm too much booze and drugs!

Comment

http://www.digikey.com/scripts/DkSea...?KeywordSearch

the link won't go to the page I intended, but here is the Digikey PN you need:
              rhm100fct-nd
              price is .47 per 10, or a whole 1.33 for 50 of them.

Comment

Thanks I just found those about 15 mins ago and ordered some. Thanks for the reply. Is it normal for digikey to not know the cost of shipping? Anyway thanks everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Jcarere
                  Is it normal for digikey to not know the cost of shipping? Anyway thanks everyone.
                  yes, but they only charge actual sh.

Comment

Working...
                  X