To all Civic mp3-r's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To all Civic mp3-r's

I was thinking I would make an attempt to list / catalogue everyone with a civic.

annyone interested post or send me an e-mail or something.

Oh, normally I would rely on the registry for this, but I know a lot of people dont list them selvs in the registry
    Gizmo-
    Techonlogy on Wheels
    http://www.hjnetworks.com/car

Hello.

Civic Drivers Unite!
    I cheat, I own an empeg.
    Meskimen's Law: There's never time to do it right, but there's always time to do it over.
    http://civic.mp3car.com

Comment

you know i'm in.. i just have to get my act straight and install my system... maybe even get a webring going of just "Civic M-CAP's"
      I can set one up off of my host....

http://philsys.com/m-cap
      http://philscivic.com

Comment

Whoa! A modified civic that looks good!

(no bodykit, no 3' wing, no stickers, etc.)

That looks nice, man. Nice clean look like me
        www.arbybean.com

Comment

Read my .sig I hope to have it done this summer...
          ~m
          PII 266, 512 MB RAM, 10 Gig, 36x CD-ROM, 16x DVD, DeLorme GPS, 5.6" LCD Screen, Dschmidt power controller, Keypower ATX DC-DC Supply, PowerAmp Macro controller, Dauphin mini-Kbd.
          Sony Head Unit, Sony Unilink input selector, rear deck Kenwood 6x9's, stock door spkrs... All in my '96 Civic, of course :}
          BC ROCKS!!!

Comment

I own a 4 door '97 Civic. I need the 4 door space for all that stuff I bring with my friends and me when we go hiking, camping, or biking.

I still have the crappy factory tape deck installed but I am currently collecting parts for an MP3 player.

motherboard: Micro ATX socket 370 board with onboard audio, video, and 10/100 ethernet; measures 9.5" x 9.5"
            cpu: iNtEl celeron (celery) 366

coming soon: 4x40 LCD, inversed (Thanks Arby!)

coming later:
            hdd: 20GB IBM laptop drive (will need conversion cable)
            power supply: ??? thinking DC-DC
            control: taken apart keyboard
            O/S: linux

When I get more together with this project I can start taking pictures and create a web site with lots of details.

Brandon

Comment

www.riceboypage.com
              Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
              Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
              I'M DEBT FREE!!
              I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Comment

Damn thats harsh.....

But I must agree with most of it....
                The attitde sucks. to wizzard -
                For the record -

My white honda civic has , no logos, no emblems, no tint ( but I would like a little) no rims (I would like some of those 2) no exhaust, original springs and shocks, no spoiler, no amps, no subs.

It does have - A full blown pc install w/ LCD GPS,DvD,Tv. a security system w/ internet interface.

My car is about technology & functionality.

And after looking at your truck, particularly the tires, I would be wiling to bet my Civic corners a hell of a lot beter than your pickup.
                Gizmo-
                Techonlogy on Wheels
                http://www.hjnetworks.com/car

Comment

I'm just going to stay away from this one...
                  Player: Pentium 166MMX, Amptron 598LMR MB w/onboard Sound, Video, LAN, 10.2 Gig Fujitsu Laptop HD, Arise 865 DC-DC Converter, Lexan Case, Custom Software w/Voice Interface, MS Access Based Playlists
                  Car: 1986 Mazda RX-7 Turbo (highly modded), 1978 RX-7 Beater (Dead, parting out), 2001 Honda Insight
                  "If one more body-kitted, cut-spring-lowered, farty-exhausted Civic revs on me at an intersection, I swear I'm going to get out of my car and cram their ridiculous double-decker aluminium wing firmly up their rump."

Comment

i'm 100% stock baybee. well except those head lamps are not Honda OEM. But let's not nitpick the details.

My EG6 is still leet.
                    I cheat, I own an empeg.
                    Meskimen's Law: There's never time to do it right, but there's always time to do it over.

Comment

Hmmm I have a black 97 civic Ex 2 door , it has nothing but an air filter and it's lowered 2.5" ( which I regret to this day).
                      No pics of car, just the setup which is what I care about the most...
                      www.geocities.com/partycar2000
                      04 Acura TL w/ core2duo 2ghz laptop w/ 1gb RAM on a docking station.

Fast car, fast PC. ;)

http://www.arcdesigns.net/carpc/

My TL CarPC ver2

FSR Flash Skin w/ moving weather maps

Comment

"its okay to make your car look good. its okay to make your car go fast. Its not okay to make your car look like it goes fast."

I posted that link because of the growing "hey, I've got a honda, therefore I'm cool" talk around here.

hmm, that sounds harsh, lemme explain:
                        I come to this site to get ideas about in-car computers and such--not to read about hondas. I get enough of this riceboy crap from my roomate who has a carbon-fiber racing hood, a 5" (no kidding) exaust tip, racing buckets, and no engine modifications.

I just dont want this to turn into honda-acura.net for geeks.

go Chevy
                        Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
                        Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
                        I'M DEBT FREE!!
                        I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Comment

I agree with you

But, I think they were going to get together to talk about installing things in civics, not talking about installing fugly wings and bodykits on their cars

I don't mind the first one.
                          www.arbybean.com

Comment

wow. flamed due to choice in car..

ok can we argue about domestic vs import beer next?

*sigh*

if we started a thread entitled "To All Chevy Fullsize mp3-r's" you'd be participating. The way i see it, there is plenty of computer related chat going on in the other fourms, and this was posted in the best place, OFF TOPIC.

So use your built in coping mechanisms.
                            I cheat, I own an empeg.

Comment

Originally posted by nester:
                              <STRONG>wow. flamed due to choice in car..

ok can we argue about domestic vs import beer next?

*sigh*

if we started a thread entitled "To All Chevy Fullsize mp3-r's" you'd be participating. The way i see it, there is plenty of computer related chat going on in the other fourms, and this was posted in the best place, OFF TOPIC.

So use your built in coping mechanisms.</STRONG>
                              I agree - The whole "Off-Topic" thing is why I suggested it in the first place. Everything is welcome here... with the exception of (A) major flames and (B) pr0n.

As for the beer issue... Rickard's Red... LOTS OF IT !!!

~m
                              PII 266, 512 MB RAM, 10 Gig, 36x CD-ROM, 16x DVD, DeLorme GPS, 5.6" LCD Screen, Dschmidt power controller, Keypower ATX DC-DC Supply, PowerAmp Macro controller, Dauphin mini-Kbd.
                              Sony Head Unit, Sony Unilink input selector, rear deck Kenwood 6x9's, stock door spkrs... All in my '96 Civic, of course :}
                              BC ROCKS!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X