Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dont you hate when people mees with your stuff!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont you hate when people mees with your stuff!

<flame> I went to a really nice restraunt last night for dinner.... As A general rule, I hate all parking attendants, they could give a **** about your car... they just kiss enough *** to get there 2 bucks.

I have seen these guys take a nice ride, and tear it up in the lot, or around the block while your gone.

So, annyway... I had no choice, they had no self-parking at this place, I give the guy the keys, eat dinner, 120.00 for 2 people. the food was good, but after shelling out that kinda cash for a meal, I get into the lot, the guy pulls my car up, and the lcd is on, windows are open, hese been screwing with it <grrrrrr> and chances are , he started screwing with it before dinner, and it sat in the lot, with the pc running for an hour..... I was *so* ****ed. and if he had not imeadiately started in with " wow man, thats so cool, where did you get that" I think I would have been forced to crack his skull open on the side of the curb.

</rant>
    Gizmo-
    Techonlogy on Wheels
    http://www.hjnetworks.com/car

I don't care how *cool* a valet thought my setup was... I think I'd have the most satisfaction out of having him fired. NO BODY should mess with your ice!
    IMO
    ~m
    PII 266, 512 MB RAM, 10 Gig, 36x CD-ROM, 16x DVD, DeLorme GPS, 5.6" LCD Screen, Dschmidt power controller, Keypower ATX DC-DC Supply, PowerAmp Macro controller, Dauphin mini-Kbd.
    Sony Head Unit, Sony Unilink input selector, rear deck Kenwood 6x9's, stock door spkrs... All in my '96 Civic, of course :}
    BC ROCKS!!!

Comment

Well guys that's why you should make the screen removeable...
      just my 2cents worth
      04 Acura TL w/ core2duo 2ghz laptop w/ 1gb RAM on a docking station.

Fast car, fast PC. ;)

http://www.arcdesigns.net/carpc/

My TL CarPC ver2

FSR Flash Skin w/ moving weather maps

Comment

Mine *is* removable, although it wont be by some time next week. but it will look really nice.
        Gizmo-
        Techonlogy on Wheels

Comment

Try another restraunt next time!! I know that probably wasnt possible in your situation. But i dont like anyone else touching my stuff.

I guess i have just found that with most people, if they dont own it - or dont have it... they couldnt give a **** about how they treat it.
          Project - GAME OVER :(

Comment

you shoulda told him youd sell him one for like 4 grand.
            Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
            Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
            I'M DEBT FREE!!
            I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Comment

I alwayse offer....

I never had annyone call me back though.

from time to tim, when I go to get gas, and its parked at the pump with something on the lcd, I get some interesting responces. Interesting how the image on the lcd picks up a particular demographic

If im playing a DVD, the homies come by "yo dat schizat is tight!, we'a du get dat ? you hook me up wid at ? " and after a fiew moments of brief translation, I respond - for about 3 grand, sure I can.

If I have it set on GPS, Old guys in Lexus's and Infinities wander up, scrathing there heads, and thinking " I just spent 45 g's on my new rx3000 so my wife could have an SUV with no cargo room, and I could look impressive on my teraturus sunday drive through rough terrain ( like divided highways, and uneven pavement) to the club. But I didnt get the 5000.00 option package for the dvd navigation system.... how does that ling work ? " " gee, If I had bough a pathfinder....."

If I have it set on Std Winamp display - I get teenz " wow, like cool man, where do I get mp3s dude, like without napster"

If its on TV mode, mom hops down from the SUV, on her way to socer practice or the nail sallon, to ask if I can pick up oprah or days of our lives, and if so, how could she get one installed

If its in winamp VIS mode, stoners just sit and stare " wwwwoah, totally..... yeah"

If its booting, and displaying sys info,
              the geeks come over, "screw the display man, pop the trunk, whats your os, what kinda hardware.... how does it run on 12v...."
              Gizmo-
              Techonlogy on Wheels

Comment

Excellent description, GIZMO...
                Now I know what I have to look forward to :}
                ~m
                PII 266, 512 MB RAM, 10 Gig, 36x CD-ROM, 16x DVD, DeLorme GPS, 5.6" LCD Screen, Dschmidt power controller, Keypower ATX DC-DC Supply, PowerAmp Macro controller, Dauphin mini-Kbd.
                Sony Head Unit, Sony Unilink input selector, rear deck Kenwood 6x9's, stock door spkrs... All in my '96 Civic, of course :}
                BC ROCKS!!!

Comment

Thats so true
                  I've had all of those things happen to me. Except the TV thing, cuz I dont have a TV tuner.

Comment

My boss has nitrous on his Mustang. To prevent idiots from screwing with it, he added a key switch. Perhaps we should do the same?

On another note, I have a friend who I drove around las night. Sure enough, every time I leave the car, she has to push all the buttons...Some people .
                    Player: Pentium 166MMX, Amptron 598LMR MB w/onboard Sound, Video, LAN, 10.2 Gig Fujitsu Laptop HD, Arise 865 DC-DC Converter, Lexan Case, Custom Software w/Voice Interface, MS Access Based Playlists
                    Car: 1986 Mazda RX-7 Turbo (highly modded), 1978 RX-7 Beater (Dead, parting out), 2001 Honda Insight
                    "If one more body-kitted, cut-spring-lowered, farty-exhausted Civic revs on me at an intersection, I swear I'm going to get out of my car and cram their ridiculous double-decker aluminium wing firmly up their rump."

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron Cake:
                      <STRONG>My boss has nitrous on his Mustang. To prevent idiots from screwing with it, he added a key switch. Perhaps we should do the same?

On another note, I have a friend who I drove around las night. Sure enough, every time I leave the car, she has to push all the buttons...Some people .</STRONG>
                      Post some pics... Not of the car, but of "she" ...

~m
                      BC ROCKS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dos4who?:
                        <STRONG>Post some pics... Not of the car, but of "she" ...

~m</STRONG>
                        you are kidding. right?

Project - GAME OVER :(

Comment

Oh dear. I started something. Maybe I'll post pictures off all my relavent "she's".
                          Player: Pentium 166MMX, Amptron 598LMR MB w/onboard Sound, Video, LAN, 10.2 Gig Fujitsu Laptop HD, Arise 865 DC-DC Converter, Lexan Case, Custom Software w/Voice Interface, MS Access Based Playlists
                          Car: 1986 Mazda RX-7 Turbo (highly modded), 1978 RX-7 Beater (Dead, parting out), 2001 Honda Insight
                          "If one more body-kitted, cut-spring-lowered, farty-exhausted Civic revs on me at an intersection, I swear I'm going to get out of my car and cram their ridiculous double-decker aluminium wing firmly up their rump."

Comment

UH-OH!!! I sense cat pictures... That's all the internet needs... MORE [email protected] CAT PICTURES

heh

~m
                            BC ROCKS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by magnetik:
                              <STRONG>you are kidding. right?

</STRONG>
                              All in good fun - I was having a slow day at work

~m
                              BC ROCKS!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X