Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for canadians about navigational HUs...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for canadians about navigational HUs...

I was wondering... what headunits do you guys recommend and know that have the full canadian maps? my parents are moving to Canada soon and are buying a new car that does not have a nav option.
    Free entrance to heaven? WOW! I DUN BELIEVE! JC!

What headunits have built-in nav for canada? I think Alpine has one... but I'm not really sure as I just use MS Streets & Trips.
    95 Honda Civic DX Coupe - In Progress
    mp3civic site

Comment

Hey, Schrodos, I've got the CE version, Pocket Streets, loaded onto my ePods, but it only came with a map of Vancouver. Do you know of any place to download extra maps? (Fraser Valley, etc).
      ~m
      PII 266, 512 MB RAM, 10 Gig, 36x CD-ROM, 16x DVD, DeLorme GPS, 5.6" LCD Screen, Dschmidt power controller, Keypower ATX DC-DC Supply, PowerAmp Macro controller, Dauphin mini-Kbd.
      Sony Head Unit, Sony Unilink input selector, rear deck Kenwood 6x9's, stock door spkrs... All in my '96 Civic, of course :}
      BC ROCKS!!!

Comment

No, I wouldn't have any idea where to get them. They're not available from MS?
        95 Honda Civic DX Coupe - In Progress
        mp3civic site

Comment

If you buy the full version of Streets and Trips you can export any of the data to the Pocket Streets format. You select the size of the area depending on the memory on your CE device.
          JohnRam

Comment

Thanks, John. I just read the .wri last night... If only I had done that sooner.... Duh.
            Hey, while I'm at it, John, do you know of any way to get MS S&T 2001 working on a win2k box?
            TIA
            ~m
            PII 266, 512 MB RAM, 10 Gig, 36x CD-ROM, 16x DVD, DeLorme GPS, 5.6" LCD Screen, Dschmidt power controller, Keypower ATX DC-DC Supply, PowerAmp Macro controller, Dauphin mini-Kbd.
            Sony Head Unit, Sony Unilink input selector, rear deck Kenwood 6x9's, stock door spkrs... All in my '96 Civic, of course :}
            BC ROCKS!!!

Comment

Wait...when did they hard-code maps into head units? I thought most were map cd orientend. I used to own a Clarion Auto PC and ordered maps from www.navtech.com They sell maps for basically all nav systems and include Canada. Hope that helps.
              My Install Thread
              digitaljetta.com

MKIV VW Jetta
              How do I get sound to my car?

Comment

Working...
              X