Way off, who's into R/C stuff?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way off, who's into R/C stuff?

Just wondering who if anyone's into R/C stuff.. I been into it for a while, have 3 airplanes, 2 airplane kits yet to build, and my best toys, my 2 LMH heli's..

The lite machines heli's are the best ones I've gotten. I do have a Kyosho Nexus that's still in the box, but think I'm gonna sell it off on ebay. Starting a new project, gonna mount a .12 car engine on one of the LMH's.. Muhahaha.. well, the battery powered one didn't work out well, and I like nitro better anyway.

Scott--
    -=~=-=~=-=~=-=~=-=~=-=~=-=~=-=~=-=~=-=~=-=~=-
    97 Firebird Formula Convertable - Project R/T
    Project R/T SoundDomain Page

Guess not... Oh well For the bored, here's a page I made of my failed attempt to battery power my LMH.. Know the .12 gas will work better..
    http://www.hobbybitz.com/lmh

Scott--

Comment

I have 3 r/c cars and am looking to build a 4th once during the fall/winter when it is too cold to sit in the garage and play with my mp3 cars

Comment

I've always been interested in getting an R/C plane or helicopter, but I have no time. Plus, it is a fairly large investment in something I will probably crash the first flight...
        Player: Pentium 166MMX, Amptron 598LMR MB w/onboard Sound, Video, LAN, 10.2 Gig Fujitsu Laptop HD, Arise 865 DC-DC Converter, Lexan Case, Custom Software w/Voice Interface, MS Access Based Playlists
        Car: 1986 Mazda RX-7 Turbo (highly modded), 1978 RX-7 Beater (Dead, parting out), 2001 Honda Insight
        "If one more body-kitted, cut-spring-lowered, farty-exhausted Civic revs on me at an intersection, I swear I'm going to get out of my car and cram their ridiculous double-decker aluminium wing firmly up their rump."

Comment

Aaron, hehe, know the feeling.. I have airplanes that I've never flown.. I'm scared to crash them.. If you're looking for a heli though the LMH kicks butt.. It is a fixed pitch heli, you control the climb/hover with the throtle, but it still kicks butt.. I've pegged mine into the ground (and trees, and the house) a few times. The most it needs to fix is a bit of glue and maybe bend the tail boom straight.. In terms of R/C, it's the best $300 I ever spent..

Scott--

Comment

Originally posted by DarkWolf:
            <STRONG>Just wondering who if anyone's into R/C stuff.. I been into it for a while, have 3 airplanes, 2 airplane kits yet to build, and my best toys, my 2 LMH heli's..

Scott--</STRONG>

My next project is to build a bottle rocket launcher for my RC planes. It will be electronic ignition and could also ignite up to four estes rockets for boost takeoff purposes. Do you think there is a market for this?
            MPEGBOX - Plexiglass Computer
            www.mpegbox.com

Comment

Do you guys know if its possible to use a engine from the small hand held grass trimer for a remote controlled plane?
              It does have a throtle and thats as much i know about it.
              It is bit too big but I could build the model to some scale to fit the engine in it.
              Something from WWII would be nice

[ 09-04-2001: Message edited by: Fosgate ]
              Fosgate

System Comp V3 - In progress.
              Low power MB with C7 CPU, DC-DC PSU, car ECU link, USB TV, GPS, 7" TFT, Wireless, Voice.

Comment

The ultimate would be a RC helicopter with a small camera and transmitter, controlled by the carputer. This way if you get stuck in a traffic jam on the freeway you could deploy your own airborn traffic camera - the camera on the helicopter would send the video feed back to your in car LCD.
                No I'm not being serious, I'm just bored...

Comment

Originally posted by mtmsol:
                  <STRONG>The ultimate would be a RC helicopter with a small camera and transmitter, controlled by the carputer.</STRONG>
                  Well you're not far off!
                  Ashley Powers has done just that. Now what I would like to see is a 2.4Ghz webcam hooked to the front of WWII bomber model plane and then have a pair of "widescreen" glasses so that you actually fee like you are flying in the plane and not flying it from the ground!

[ 09-05-2001: Message edited by: Falcon62Travis ]
                  1983 BMW 733i
                  Cyrix 166 32MB with MPXPLAY And no display. Player sits on the back seat with a keypad in front. Someday I'll mount this thing for good...
                  Gathering parts for carplayer v2.0!

Comment

Ashley Powers must be the guy that wins the cmpetition of who's got the most toys

Hes got 2 tft screens and a char lcd in his setup. i do believe his one of the few that has actually managed to accuire data from his engine dynamically

Ashley i bow for your efforts ...

Comment

Yeah, I kinda wish he'd come around here sometimes and give us some pointers. He seems to know his stuff!
                      1983 BMW 733i
                      Cyrix 166 32MB with MPXPLAY And no display. Player sits on the back seat with a keypad in front. Someday I'll mount this thing for good...
                      Gathering parts for carplayer v2.0!

Comment

Originally posted by Fosgate:
                        <STRONG>Do you guys know if its possible to use a engine from the small hand held grass trimer for a remote controlled plane?
                        It does have a throtle and thats as much i know about it.
                        It is bit too big but I could build the model to some scale to fit the engine in it.
                        Something from WWII would be nice
                        </STRONG>
                        I don't see why it wouldn't work. But it would certainly result in a large model...

On Junkyard Wars a team of priests built a large RC plane with trimmer engine, and it worked rather well.
                        Player: Pentium 166MMX, Amptron 598LMR MB w/onboard Sound, Video, LAN, 10.2 Gig Fujitsu Laptop HD, Arise 865 DC-DC Converter, Lexan Case, Custom Software w/Voice Interface, MS Access Based Playlists
                        Car: 1986 Mazda RX-7 Turbo (highly modded), 1978 RX-7 Beater (Dead, parting out), 2001 Honda Insight
                        "If one more body-kitted, cut-spring-lowered, farty-exhausted Civic revs on me at an intersection, I swear I'm going to get out of my car and cram their ridiculous double-decker aluminium wing firmly up their rump."

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron Cake:
                          <STRONG>

I don't see why it wouldn't work. But it would certainly result in a large model...

On Junkyard Wars a team of priests built a large RC plane with trimmer engine, and it worked rather well.</STRONG>
                          Thanks Aaron.
                          I was thinking that it might not be powerful enough or might not have enough RPMs to lift the model of the ground. I guess it should be preety light model.

Should look around for a grass trimer they are preety cheap now days.
                          The expensive part would be RC but we can think about it later.
                          May be come up with something that operates on 2.4Ghz using the Laptop or a mp3car to control it. And the web cam is a MUST!
                          Fosgate

System Comp V3 - In progress.
                          Low power MB with C7 CPU, DC-DC PSU, car ECU link, USB TV, GPS, 7" TFT, Wireless, Voice.

Comment

I was think of making a R/C car with a 3HP lawn mower engin... Good idea??

Comment

was think of making a R/C car with a 3HP lawn mower engin... Good idea??
                              Why not just use the riding lawn mower itself?
                              and get a servo to operate the throttle, and a stepper motor for the stearing wheel. ;-)
                              That could be rather fun. Then, you could hook up a laptop, write some program, and take it around the yard one time. After that, just flip it on, run the program, and sit back while it cuts your grass!
                              It would work on flat dry land, but on wet or curvy, it may get messed up cause the timing would be off.
                              Clarion 200watt head unit w/ Aux in.
                              Kicker 800watt 4 channel amp
                              In a 96 Grand Prix SE.

Comment

Working...
                              X