This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• non-DOA. What does it mean?

If a seller in the classified forum sells an item and states it is guaranteed non-DOA, but does not state a time limit, what is the maximum time you expect the seller to give you to test the item after arrival.

DOA = DEAD ON ARRIVAL
    5 Days
    39.58%
    10 Days
    14.58%
    15 Days
    25.00%
    30 Days (One Month)
    14.58%
    60 Days (Two Months)
    0.00%
    90 Days (Three Months)
    2.08%
    120 Days (Four Months)
    2.08%
    150 Days (Five Months)
    0.00%
    180 Days (Six Months)
    0.00%
    Longer.
    2.08%

The poll is expired.

ODYSSEY

Originally posted by Tidder
    Hey, as long as it's not any particular race I'm offending, I can stand to be a pedophile.
    All information expressed in this post is my opinion, and should not be regarded as a statement of fact.
    Digital-Car UK|

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I said 15 days, but 30 if ur pushing it.
    Installed
    Asus A7N8X-VM - AMD Mobile Athlon 2400
    512 Ram - 60GB HD - Opus 150w
    Lilliput 7" - Rikaline 6010
    [00000000000001100010-] 98% Completed

Check Out My Install!!!

Comment

I said 30, because that's what most online computer parts retailers give. I feel that it is EXTREMELY lenient for DOA.
      www.bradleyjacobs.com

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. -- Frank Zappa

Comment

haha he rev2 said 4 months. this way he can wait another 30 days before he tests it to complain lol.
        i got dat ***** sittin on 22s! SUPERMAN EDITION!

Comment

Originally posted by EsKALad
          haha he rev2 said 4 months. this way he can wait another 30 days before he tests it to complain lol.
          Yeah, but he said 6 in the other thread. He can't make up his mind.
          www.bradleyjacobs.com

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. -- Frank Zappa

Comment

ya sorry borris i have to side with greenman on this one, while i believe you are telling the truth about the condition of the board, if I had reason to suspect it was damaged i would have tested it out sooner.

I would personally be supprised if a DOA from a private seller lasted more then 2 weeks. I have noticed many ebay ads that state DOA timeframes of a few days.
            My Install

Software:
            CFiG v1
            iGuidance Plugin for CF

CarShell
            Working shell for a CarPC

StopWatch
            StopWatch plugin remade for centrafuse RC1

Comment

Originally posted by EsKALad
              I tested it a month ago. I was just waiting to get unbanned (which obviously didn't happen ). When we're talking about 3 months, its 3 months after I bought it and started complaining.

Comment

Originally posted by alti
                ya sorry borris i have to side with greenman on this one, while i believe you are telling the truth about the condition of the board, if I had reason to suspect it was damaged i would have tested it out sooner.

I would personally be supprised if a DOA from a private seller lasted more then 2 weeks. I have noticed many ebay ads that state DOA timeframes of a few days.
                The condition of the board looked fine except for the metal part that connects to the back of the computer. No missing components or anything. I did have a thourough examination of it when I received it.

He did not state a timeframe. DOA means working once you plug it in, unless you somehow physically damaged it, which I did not do.

Comment

Originally posted by rev2
                  The condition of the board looked fine except for the metal part that connects to the back of the computer. No missing components or anything. I did have a thourough examination of it when I received it.

He did not state a timeframe. DOA means working once you plug it in, unless you somehow physically damaged it, which I did not do.
                  No it doesn't. It means Dead On Arrival, as in when it gets to you, not whenever you feel like plugging it in.
                  www.bradleyjacobs.com

Comment

Originally posted by blurp
                    No it doesn't. It means Dead On Arrival, as in when it gets to you, not whenever you feel like plugging it in.
                    If you read my other post, there was no way of testing it, as I didn't have the motherboard, ram, or HD.

Comment

Originally posted by rev2
                      If you read my other post, there was no way of testing it, as I didn't have the motherboard, ram, or HD.
                      If you read my other post, That doesn't matter. It's not the seller's fault that you let it sit there for so long. It's your responsibility. Grow up, suck it up and drive on.
                      www.bradleyjacobs.com

Comment

Datestamp: 2005-10-22 13:30
                        Title: "Re: Audigy 1 1394"
                        Fromuser: greenman100
                        Originally posted by greenman100
                        Originally posted by 0l33l
                        Hi. I'm interested in the audigy. How about $20 shipped. Paypal ready

My prices are + shipping and packaging, how's $25 shipped?
                        Does it have the gold plated connectors?

yup
                        Does it work? My last audigy 1 card died on me for now reason.

haha, yes it works fine
                        Found this on a backup CD. Good thing I save all of my PMs

So yeh, he said it works. Before you say anything, no, I am not confusing my dead audigy with his. His had gold plated connecters, while the dead one had just plastic ones. The computer refuses to even boot with the dead one. The computer does not recognize greenman100's audigy at all.

Lets try to keep this thread clean of comments by adults acting as 13 year olds. I kept my posts in the old thread clean of cursing, and its a shame that members on these forums cannot do the same in return.

Comment

Originally posted by Quattro
                          I said 15 days, but 30 if ur pushing it.
                          I voted as I stated in the other thread. 30 days is the maximum.

Also, this thread is to see what the majority of the members of this board deem DOA to mean without a specified time. Please keep this thread on topic.
                          ODYSSEY

Hey, as long as it's not any particular race I'm offending, I can stand to be a pedophile.
                          All information expressed in this post is my opinion, and should not be regarded as a statement of fact.
                          Digital-Car UK|

(\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by ODYSSEY
                            I voted as I stated in the other thread. 30 days is the maximum.

Also, this thread is to see what the majority of the members of this board deem DOA to mean without a specified time. Please keep this thread on topic.
                            My post basically says that besides the DOA warranty he offered, he also said the card works [period]. So we can stop the whole discussion of what DOA means. This makes life much simpler, doesn't it?

Comment

Well according to two polls, you took too long to contact the seller and are not entitled to a refund. This of course is based of the options of the majority of members here that have taken part in one or both of the polls. If the seller decides to refund your money, he has gone above and beyond any obligation.
                              ODYSSEY

Digital-Car UK|

(\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                              X