Ever wonder....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever wonder....

....why us so-called Nerds have such cool cars? I mean, I know all football players that used to make fun of me in highschool, and they're all driving rusted Cavaliers, Jettas, old pickups, etc. Just general pieces of crap. And then there's us, the "computer nerds", driving RX-7s, Mustang Cobras (not that I think they're cool ), Subaru SVXs, Talons, etc. I mean, the whole thing is rather funny if you think about it. And then we go and modify our cars to make them faster, sound better, etc. I'm sure Charles has done a few upgrades on his Mustang, and my RX-7 has just passed the point of "basic performance upgrades" in preparation for a turbo install...

Is it just a money issue? Ie. we have more so we flaunt it? Or more of a revenge or image issue? Just a way of saying "does it look like I'm a nerd?" perhaps?

Such deep issues...
    Player: Pentium 166MMX, Amptron 598LMR MB w/onboard Sound, Video, LAN, 10.2 Gig Fujitsu Laptop HD, Arise 865 DC-DC Converter, Lexan Case, Custom Software w/Voice Interface, MS Access Based Playlists
    Car: 1986 Mazda RX-7 Turbo (highly modded), 1978 RX-7 Beater (Dead, parting out), 2001 Honda Insight
    "If one more body-kitted, cut-spring-lowered, farty-exhausted Civic revs on me at an intersection, I swear I'm going to get out of my car and cram their ridiculous double-decker aluminium wing firmly up their rump."

hehe most people are jealous of my car. even some of the football players (mostly because our football team sucks 0 wins-10 loses is a great season!).

Comment

yeah its a messed up world. Remember this...Today we are considered "nerds", but in 5 years when everyone has mp3 players in their cards, we will be considered normal and nobody will care who inivated it. If you got it, flaunt it!
      2004 F-150
      Shuttle XPC, 80gig HD, Wireless Internet, DVD
      "How piMP3d is your ride??"

Comment

Usually people who pick on others do it because they're acutely aware of their own inadequacies. They're already jealous, they're just trying to cover it up.

So it makes sense that a few years down the line, you're "lead" on them will become even greater, to the point where they can't pretend they're better just by trying to pick on you.

That said, I went to a high school where no football player ever picked on any other student in the school.. we were a highly academic oriented high school though, our football players were nerds too. But we still won. hehe.
        Player: Celeron II 633MHz, 256MB RAM, 20GB IBM 9mm 2.5" Laptop HD (180G/2ms), onboard ethernet/sound/video/tvout, 10"11"x3" case, MPBS1 70W DC-DC PS w/auto-shutdown controller, in-dash lighted switches, 7" NTSC TFT widescreen in-dash LCD, touchscreen, rear-window brake light installed Garmin GPS35 GPS, credit card sized IR remote w/IRMan, mini-wireless keyboard/mouse (sits under seat), PowerMate black knob, MP3s and GPS Navigation (Winamp, CoPilot, SA8.0).
        Car: 1993 Nissan Maxima, Black Emerald

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron Cake:
          <STRONG>Is it just a money issue? Ie. we have more so we flaunt it? Or more of a revenge or image issue? Just a way of saying "does it look like I'm a nerd?" perhaps?

Such deep issues... </STRONG>
          wow, the after effects and affects of that last bully is starting to get to u, but i am sure u r right it is a way of saying "does it look like i am a nerd" and i guess the fancier your car (or cars system) is in direct correlation to how many times we were beat up had your lunch money taken, or were sitting at home dateless on a friday.

Comment

.... you guys are gettin too deep and meainingful at this point....
            Project - GAME OVER :(

Comment

I have always been a nerd. I will always be a nerd. I have accepted this fact. there is nothing I can do about it.

except make lots of money and go to my high school reunion in a Ferrari.

I chalk it up to revenge. I love to go to McDonald's and see the guys that used to bully me fight over whose turn it is to fill the drink machine........
              Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
              Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
              I'M DEBT FREE!!
              I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Comment

Originally posted by Kain101:
                <STRONG>
                we were beat up had your lunch money taken, or were sitting at home dateless on a friday.
                </STRONG>
                Hehehe...Actually, I never had any lunch money taken. I think it had something to do with my homemade taser in a Walkman case...Those camera flash boards are amazing pieces of technology...As far as being dateless, that was a good thing. Highschool girls = .
                Player: Pentium 166MMX, Amptron 598LMR MB w/onboard Sound, Video, LAN, 10.2 Gig Fujitsu Laptop HD, Arise 865 DC-DC Converter, Lexan Case, Custom Software w/Voice Interface, MS Access Based Playlists
                Car: 1986 Mazda RX-7 Turbo (highly modded), 1978 RX-7 Beater (Dead, parting out), 2001 Honda Insight
                "If one more body-kitted, cut-spring-lowered, farty-exhausted Civic revs on me at an intersection, I swear I'm going to get out of my car and cram their ridiculous double-decker aluminium wing firmly up their rump."

Comment

. Just general pieces of crap. And then there's us, the "computer nerds", driving RX-7s, Mustang Cobras (not that I think they're cool ), Subaru SVXs, Talons, etc. I mean, the whole thing is ather funny if you think about it. And then we go and modify our cars to make them faster, ound better, etc. I'm sure Charles has done a few upgrades on his Mustang, and my RX-7 has just
                  passed the point of "basic performance upgrades" in preparation for a turbo install...
                  ummm, what are you trying to say, I hope u are not confusing my car for a mustang GT. As far as performance go, lets just say i believe i am pushing over 300hp or even more. I have NEVER had the car dynoed, but with the modifications i have done so far, i believe i am at that range. I have had some competitor, including an RX-7 and last night i went against a high end BENZ (2nd one in a row) and spanked him 3times before he gave up. Even the famous Lexus GS400 tried but failed 5times, BMW's,Porshe (dont recall the #), Eclipse GSX/GS-T, etc. The best one i will give credit to was the GS400, that ***** was keeping up until i hit 4th and the rest was history. The Eclipse suprised my *** though. The minute that turbo kicked in he had one car ahead of me. I hit 3rd then power****ted to 4th and spanked him. Twice he did that **** to me. Boy if i had screwed up on the powershifting he would have won that race. My loses were quite interesting, when i first got the car, about 2days afterwards, i went against a 300zx, my stupid *** was racing this dude on 5th gear, go figure who won that race , next was a camero, he only beat me by half a car, i was still in training. Next was a Doge Viper, well i should never had tried. That sucker took off like a rocket. All i recall seing was his assssss hauling down the highway. Ususally I go neck and neck with covetts & camero's. As far as supras go, i haven't lined up with one so only time will tell aslong as it is not a REAL TT then thats a diff story. Until then, I am working on my suspension and hopefully by this time next summer, i will have a super charger in my car. I am aiming for a 500&gt;hp.
                  abcd-1
                  Author of CobraI,II,III and now CobraIV.
                  You can contact me on AOL instant messenger....nick is cenwesi or cenwesi3

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Enwesi:
                    <STRONG>
                    ummm, what are you trying to say, I hope u are not confusing my car for a mustang GT. </STRONG>
                    No, I'm just saying that I don't like Mustangs. . I know very well the capabilities of the Cobra. My Boss has a modified '94 (93? 95?) Cobra SVT.

Nice to know that someone else here is concerned with performance though. After my turbo install (to be done some weeks after I get the car from the body shop) I'm looking at around 250HP, which in a car like the RX-7, translates to high to mid 13s. Not blistering fast, mind you, but more than a match for most cars on the street, and a surprise for a few people at the track.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron Cake:
                      <STRONG>

....I think it had something to do with my homemade taser in a Walkman case...Those camera flash boards are amazing pieces of technology...</STRONG>
                      I HAD ONE OF THOSE!!!!
                      Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
                      Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
                      I'M DEBT FREE!!
                      I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Comment

Originally posted by wizardPC:
                        <STRONG>
                        I HAD ONE OF THOSE!!!!</STRONG>
                        Quite an effective little gadget, eh?

Comment

i want one, how do i make one or apply the camera flash or what ever.

pass down the knoledge to the younger ones!

Comment

Working...
                          X