stereo-top audio computer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stereo-top audio computer

I tried looking through freevo and mythTV's forum pages, but they're not very active, so I thought I'd pose the question here.

I'd like to build an mp3 computer for my home stereo system. I have an old dvd case picked out that will probably work with a small p/s and a mobo w/ a small form factor. I'd like two things:

1) some sort of lcd or even LED display. I'd like to be able to page through online radio stations (I can hard-code the addresses of the online stations, and edit them through ssh or some such thing). Any ideas on hardware and/or software?

2) The ability to easily create and play playlists (for local mp3s). This might be another ssh thing, but I simply would like a way to easily browse through individual songs and/or playlists.

Ideas?
    ---first computer---
    TRS-80 model 4
    64K ram
    8 Mhz processor
    I put my baseball card collection into visicalc baby! LOOKOUT! (my phone has more processing power).

You shoudl check out a program named "Meedio" and also check out the HTPC forums over on www.avsforum.com
    2005 Black Chevy Impala
    Current Status: Installed in Vehicle/Testing 75%

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm sort of trying to stay away from stuff like Meedio, Freevo, MythTV and the like.

I'd like something very similar to a cd player interface.... solder some keyboard pbno's into the face of my old dvd player, add a new motherboard and have a simple LED (or something similar) display.

The AVS forum was a great suggestion, THANKS!
      ---first computer---
      TRS-80 model 4
      64K ram
      8 Mhz processor
      I put my baseball card collection into visicalc baby! LOOKOUT! (my phone has more processing power).

Comment

No problem...I bought my first projector with the advice I found on that forum. I am also in the process of building my first HTPC for that projector. Damn I need to pick one hobby and just stick with it. The carputer is winning at the moment.
        2005 Black Chevy Impala
        Current Status: Installed in Vehicle/Testing 75%

Comment

Working...
        X