No announcement yet.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suicide

Reactions? Opinions? Discuss.

Also, please don't take this as a "I'm going to kill myself, woe is me" thread. I'm a happy fun lovin' guy. I just always find it funny how much people value life that they feel its wrong for others to exercise their right to end their own.. and this seems like a pretty balanced and unbiased forum to have an open discussion on the topic.

If you've lost someone due to suicide, I'd especially like to hear your opinion.. please don't take offence, I'm truly interested in this topic, and I think that through awareness, a lot of pain can be prevented.

If you're going to do it, fo it right:

they just want attention. its just so god damn simple.
      unless they just do it and tell nobody.
      Core duo
      1tb harddrive
      256 ddr
      8 lilliput

still installing...

Originally posted by Enforcer
        Suicide - Is there any future in it?

One of my cousins blew his brains out with a shotgun in the road, in front of his house, in front of his wife and young kids. What a worthless piece of crap. I refused to go to his funeral.

I don't care one way or the other if someone wants to commit suicide. I think it's usually a permanent solution to temporary problems, which doesn't make much sense. But when it affects others, especially children, it is a really horrible, selfish, disgusting thing to do.

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. -- Frank Zappa

my neighbor in ocean cities best friend from back in york, pa shot the school principle, then shot himself 2 years ago. my friend said he did it cuz his girlfriend broke up with him and his grades sucked and he just found himself useless.

i also agree its a selfish, disgusting thing to do. especially to take down someone else while doing so.

Gotta agree with blurp. Suicide is a chicken **** way out.
              I've been so low at points in my life where I considered it an option, but never gone through. I once made a feeble attention-getting attempt.

But if someone wants to die, they should be allowed to die. In the US, we're guaranteed these inalieable rights: life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
              Well, if your pursuit has failed miserably in your eyes, your guarantee of life should also include ending that life, should it not?
              Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
              How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Suicide is for the weak. We all have problems, it's all in how you deal w/ them & suicide is not the answer! As blurp said, suicide is "a permanent solution to temporary problems." The only time that suicide should even be considered an option is if you have a painful, life-ending situation w/ no hope of recovery and have tried all other options available to you.
                "I'm a dick!"
                "I must seek knowledge and it's bastard son truth" - The State

Time to go rent Heathers again...

Originally posted by
                    What you need: a hooker, $0.75.

How to do it: find a hooker and inquire about her "*** buffet." If she doesn't know what you're talking about, punch her. If she does know what you're talking about, she shouldn't charge you more than 75 cents to lick her ***. You may even get away with not having to pay her since technically it's not sex (unless you're gay, but I'm not sure if it counts if it's a woman). Fair warning: not paying a hooker is considered shoplifting. Once you've done the (mis)deed, you may want to have some alcohol nearby. Make sure it's something strong like turpentine, because you'll be tasting a mouth full of funk and hookers don't always **** properly depending on their clientele. The tingling feeling in your mouth means the disease is working. Just sit back and relax while your penis falls off and you break out in hives. Then just wait a few months and if the other diseases don't get to you first, the AIDS will. Talk about a cheap suicide! At 75 cents, you can't afford not to kill yourself!
                    Post # 3000

Seriously though, it's a pretty crappy way to deal with your problems. There are people who will be affected by your passing; the people who care about you: your friends and family, the people who have to clean up whatever mess you make in the process (see link), and whoever finds your body.

I don't even like thinking about it...
                      Old plans out the window because of an accident .
                      Have: M1-ATX, EPIA M10000, 256MB, 60GB 2.5", slim slot load DVD
                      Need: Time, HU integration, ideas for Lilli

If you attempt suicide and fail, then that's just another thing you're bad at.

Originally posted by rev2

Personal Experience?

Originally posted by Tidder
                          Hey, as long as it's not any particular race I'm offending, I can stand to be a pedophile.
                          All information expressed in this post is my opinion, and should not be regarded as a statement of fact.
                          Digital-Car UK|

Originally posted by rev2

True dat....

Women should never comit suicide... they should just get one of these...
                            Post # 3000