I am VERY VERY happy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am VERY VERY happy

Today, I am driving home my very own BMW M3.... This could be the best day of my life so far...

Mike
    1999 voyager pontoon boat
    (soon to be computerized)

Man its only a car!
    Fosgate

System Comp V3 - In progress.
    Low power MB with C7 CPU, DC-DC PSU, car ECU link, USB TV, GPS, 7" TFT, Wireless, Voice.

Comment

What year??? what chassis code?
      Nothing yet.....

Comment

Its not just a car its an "M3", and that is worth something. Check out www.bmwfilms.com, you'll soon see it is much more than just a car
        ------2000 S-10 Xtreme----------
        BookPC 433 5.6" LCD
        128mb ATI AIW
        18gb Laptop HD DVD
        GPS TV
        Wireless Internet
        Wireless LAN
        ***VIDEO SURVEILLANCE***

AIM: Kinnish0 (Drop me a line)
        KinnishXtreme( IN CAR SN)

Link To My XtremePC2001 Page
        Pic's of Install Here

Comment

It's never "just a car". Man, the last time someone told me the RX-7 was "just a car", he got an earfull.

BMW M3....not my style, but an OK car nonetheless...
          Player: Pentium 166MMX, Amptron 598LMR MB w/onboard Sound, Video, LAN, 10.2 Gig Fujitsu Laptop HD, Arise 865 DC-DC Converter, Lexan Case, Custom Software w/Voice Interface, MS Access Based Playlists
          Car: 1986 Mazda RX-7 Turbo (highly modded), 1978 RX-7 Beater (Dead, parting out), 2001 Honda Insight
          "If one more body-kitted, cut-spring-lowered, farty-exhausted Civic revs on me at an intersection, I swear I'm going to get out of my car and cram their ridiculous double-decker aluminium wing firmly up their rump."

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron Cake:
            <STRONG>

BMW M3....not my style, but an OK car nonetheless...</STRONG>
            JUST "OK"????????
            My Install Thread
            digitaljetta.com

MKIV VW Jetta
            How do I get sound to my car?

Comment

it's never just a car..

my car overheard me talking about selling her, and the next day the window regulator went out.. silly me.. must not let the car over hear these types of conversations..
              I cheat, I own an empeg.
              Meskimen's Law: There's never time to do it right, but there's always time to do it over.
              http://civic.mp3car.com

Comment

ohh nester never do that. I did that and damn my transmission went out on me. God damn POS car

But in reserse to that I had a car once when I was talking about selling it and buying a new car it actually ran better I liked that car too bad I had to get rid of it.
                Awol

my $0.02 cents (value is based on the intelligence of the person reading this message)

Comment

M3 .. nice and all ..

Pros: Good HP

Cons:

Body shape / style looks like a midget with a small head

Over-priced

Engines over-heat easily

Just watch your temp. sensor !! I have a close friend whose M3 over-heated and BMW tried to pin it on him (before they had the amber temp. light)

Personally, I would have gone with a Miata or an eclipse spyder turbo (convert) =)

To each his/her own.

Good to hear you're happy!
                  -James-

Tech tips and more - http://www.techguys.ca

*NIX command for today: rm -rf /bin/laden

Comment

I guess this is kind of on topic:

I am heading up to Pocatello Idaho tomorow morning to pick up a 1982 BMW 7 Series. Since I have 2 kids this is the closest I'll get to a sports car but I'm pumped. Plus, more room for tunes and friends right?

The car has a bad cylinder but I don't know any mor details. But it should be a fun car on the highway once I get the engine running right.

And the best part:

THE CAR WAS FREE!!!!!
                    1983 BMW 733i
                    Cyrix 166 32MB with MPXPLAY And no display. Player sits on the back seat with a keypad in front. Someday I'll mount this thing for good...
                    Gathering parts for carplayer v2.0!

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos C:
                      <STRONG>
                      JUST "OK"????????
                      </STRONG>

Yeah, just. OK. Like I said, not my style.
                      Player: Pentium 166MMX, Amptron 598LMR MB w/onboard Sound, Video, LAN, 10.2 Gig Fujitsu Laptop HD, Arise 865 DC-DC Converter, Lexan Case, Custom Software w/Voice Interface, MS Access Based Playlists
                      Car: 1986 Mazda RX-7 Turbo (highly modded), 1978 RX-7 Beater (Dead, parting out), 2001 Honda Insight
                      "If one more body-kitted, cut-spring-lowered, farty-exhausted Civic revs on me at an intersection, I swear I'm going to get out of my car and cram their ridiculous double-decker aluminium wing firmly up their rump."

Comment

Originally posted by Awol][:
                        <STRONG>ohh nester never do that. I did that and damn my transmission went out on me. God damn POS car </STRONG>
                        See. I knew it was true.. they are out to get us.

Originally posted by JamesB:
                        <STRONG>Personally, I would have gone with a Miata or an eclipse spyder turbo (convert) =)</STRONG>
                        Yeah, I'm currently shopping for a Miata.
                        Actually spent yesterday stripping the MP3 player out of the civic.
                        I cheat, I own an empeg.
                        Meskimen's Law: There's never time to do it right, but there's always time to do it over.
                        http://civic.mp3car.com

Comment

Its a 97' sedan with 39,000 miles... I took it to vegas this weekend and must say this is sooooooo much more than just a car! All I can say is it will do 0-60 in 5.6 seconds, does a 1/4 mile in 14.4 sec, can carry 4 adults and a trunk full of grocerys and got 27 mpg all the way to vegas.... Much more than just a car! Anyway, if you want to see her, just go here!My new car

Comment

And.... Its best feature, it handles like a dream!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mikeinsanmarcos:
                              <STRONG>This could be the best day of my life so far...

Mike</STRONG>
                              Well I was just commenting reagadring this line. Its amazing what people need in life to get happy.
                              I personally look at the cars from different point of view... i dont see the point of paying 10000's of $$ for a car when only thing you gona do with it is drive it.
                              Let me give you an example...
                              Thats M3 of yours let say you paid at least US$50,000 and it does it those wonderful things... Which is fair enough... on the other hand many people including me would think otherwise.
                              I paid AU$3500 (US$1700) for the car im driving and i couldnt tell the difference between how you described yours compared to mine.
                              0-100km/H doing at low 6s ( I dont know about the 1/4 mile I guess high 13s), can carry 5 adults including the driver and have a trunk full of grocerys using as much as 8L/100Km in the city and alot less on a freeway... and its as beautiful as any other sport car. And that not even looking at what inside the car itself
                              So it seem like we both driving a car with around a same spec and only thing that is different is the badge and the price !

Yeah i know, i know ...its a different class im sure one day i will look at it differently and endup driving something of that class... but im sure its not going to be the greatest day of my life

[ 10-08-2001: Message edited by: Fosgate ]
                              Fosgate

System Comp V3 - In progress.
                              Low power MB with C7 CPU, DC-DC PSU, car ECU link, USB TV, GPS, 7" TFT, Wireless, Voice.

Comment

Working...
                              X