No announcement yet.

Model Rocketry (Definitely Off-Topic!)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model Rocketry (Definitely Off-Topic!)

Well, I just finished puting This Little Baby together... My first solo foray into model rocketry. I needed a diversion for the evening. Looking forward to firing this off on the weekend with my boy

~m

~m
    PII 266, 512 MB RAM, 10 Gig, 36x CD-ROM, 16x DVD, DeLorme GPS, 5.6" LCD Screen, Dschmidt power controller, Keypower ATX DC-DC Supply, PowerAmp Macro controller, Dauphin mini-Kbd.
    Sony Head Unit, Sony Unilink input selector, rear deck Kenwood 6x9's, stock door spkrs... All in my '96 Civic, of course :}
    BC ROCKS!!!

Very nice, but be prepared to loose it. I've lost so many rockets over the years that I just stopped buying the small ones. My current collection is based on the Broadsword, Patriot Missle (4 engines!), and another one that I forget at the moment. In the past, I've had Big Birtha, Alpha 1 through 3 or whatever, Sky Hawk, and probably 15 other ones that I can't name. It's a great hobby, but just gets very annoying after you spend 20 hours assembling a rocket and it lands in the river after the first flight...
    Player: Pentium 166MMX, Amptron 598LMR MB w/onboard Sound, Video, LAN, 10.2 Gig Fujitsu Laptop HD, Arise 865 DC-DC Converter, Lexan Case, Custom Software w/Voice Interface, MS Access Based Playlists
    Car: 1986 Mazda RX-7 Turbo (highly modded), 1978 RX-7 Beater (Dead, parting out), 2001 Honda Insight
    "If one more body-kitted, cut-spring-lowered, farty-exhausted Civic revs on me at an intersection, I swear I'm going to get out of my car and cram their ridiculous double-decker aluminium wing firmly up their rump."

Comment

model rocket= fun

I had a couple of rockets that were about 4" tall. Put the largest specified engine in it, shot it, and i haven't seen the thing since

Comment

Originally posted by bgoodman:
        <STRONG>model rocket= fun

I had a couple of rockets that were about 4" tall. Put the largest specified engine in it, shot it, and i haven't seen the thing since</STRONG>
        ROTFLMAO !!!!!

Aaron - 4 ENGINES??? Holy cow! Any links to pics of those puppies?
        ~m
        PII 266, 512 MB RAM, 10 Gig, 36x CD-ROM, 16x DVD, DeLorme GPS, 5.6" LCD Screen, Dschmidt power controller, Keypower ATX DC-DC Supply, PowerAmp Macro controller, Dauphin mini-Kbd.
        Sony Head Unit, Sony Unilink input selector, rear deck Kenwood 6x9's, stock door spkrs... All in my '96 Civic, of course :}
        BC ROCKS!!!

Comment

Yep, takes 4 E engines. I don't have any pictures, but you may be able to find it on the Estes site. If you can't, I'll scan a catalogue pic for you. Mine's in storage right now, so I can't easily take digital images.
          Player: Pentium 166MMX, Amptron 598LMR MB w/onboard Sound, Video, LAN, 10.2 Gig Fujitsu Laptop HD, Arise 865 DC-DC Converter, Lexan Case, Custom Software w/Voice Interface, MS Access Based Playlists
          Car: 1986 Mazda RX-7 Turbo (highly modded), 1978 RX-7 Beater (Dead, parting out), 2001 Honda Insight
          "If one more body-kitted, cut-spring-lowered, farty-exhausted Civic revs on me at an intersection, I swear I'm going to get out of my car and cram their ridiculous double-decker aluminium wing firmly up their rump."

Comment

Thanks, Aaron - Found some pics last nite. Cool. I also came across some pretty hardcore model rocketry sites... these guys are flying beasts that are 7.5" in diameter and 6 to 12 feet long! Must cost a small fortune to get one of those airborne!
            ~m
            BC ROCKS!!!

Comment

Then there's this guy who found the convergence of cars and rocketry...

Comment

Originally posted by mtmsol:
                <STRONG>Then there's this guy who found the convergence of cars and rocketry...</STRONG>
                that guy must know some Police or is one to have that on his car and not get busted

[ 08-03-2001: Message edited by: Dishnu ]
                You gave me fortune, You gave me fame
                You me power in your God's name
                I'm every person you need to be
                I'm the Cult of Personality

Comment

Heh, this makes me wish I had never sold my paintball gun! :-) I wonder if I could rig something up with my air horns air compressor ;-)

~Cory
                  --
                  "We'll do this the old navy way, the first one to die, looses."

Looking For A Second Gen 4Runner, CarPuter To Follow! :-)

Comment

Well, we had a 15-minute reprieve from the rain today, so up it went! The boys (me, my 2&1/2 year old son and my dad) (we left my 9-month-old boy at home ) found a field nearby and flew 2 successful flights!
                    The first flight, with the smaller engine, landed about 30 feet from the launch pad, and the large-engine flight landed about 75 feet away!
                    Got it all on video... it was a great outing!

Ps - "Grandpa" & I are hooked

~m
                    BC ROCKS!!!

Comment

I used to be into model rockets,
                      I never made any real big ones,
                      then I found the joy of firing the rockets out of a PVC pipe.
                      Oh that was fun,
                      Clarion 200watt head unit w/ Aux in.
                      Kicker 800watt 4 channel amp
                      In a 96 Grand Prix SE.

Comment

Originally posted by lstrunk:
                        <STRONG>I used to be into model rockets,
                        I never made any real big ones,
                        then I found the joy of firing the rockets out of a PVC pipe.
                        Oh that was fun,</STRONG>
                        Hehehe...What you need is a spudgun.

Comment

Working...
                        X