how about this

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how about this

[ 10-18-2001: Message edited by: Sexor ]

1983 BMW 733i
    Cyrix 166 32MB with MPXPLAY And no display. Player sits on the back seat with a keypad in front. Someday I'll mount this thing for good...
    Gathering parts for carplayer v2.0!

not all that great.. while it is nice to have all that in a little package liek that I noticed that this one uses a Cyrix(Media GX) 233 MHz CPU.

IIRC the media gx was the all in one cpu/moptherboard that does the video/audio/whatever else in addition to the normal processing on there so it was weaker than the PR233 desktop cpu

now having said all that I still think it would be a fun toy but I dont think it would be all that great the way it is not for a mobile mp3 player in the car if you are ever thinking about Divx and I am not even sure if it will play DVD movies on that processor

now I could be all wrong and this could be a new version of the media gx line that I have not heard of that does great things but I dont think that it is.

thanks for the info

This CPU cant do DVD but it does have MPEG1 hardware so VCD would work well. I'd ask if there is a PCMCIA dvd decoder card with it because there wouldnt be much point in having the drive without one.

jeez, for that amount, you are better off building ur own
            Author of CobraI,II,III and now CobraIV.
            You can contact me on AOL instant messenger....nick is cenwesi or cenwesi3