Verizon fried my phone!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verizon fried my phone!

My phone started acting funny. Not getting the signal it had gotten the day before. Went on a couple of days. They wanted to upgrade the firmware on the phone. When they got done, the phone wouldn't turn on anymore. So, I upgraded! I got the new XV6700.

I only found a few things I didn't like about it, but I applied 6 or 7 hacks for hofo and they took care of all but one of them: my new $400 phone didn't come with any way to attach it to my belt!

Anyone else have one of these, or somethig similar? It's pretty sexy after I got done hacking it.

It's just a shame that Verizon finds it necessary to disable key features that any other phone is capable of. This thing can't be used as a tethered modem right out of the box. But that can be taken care of in about 2 minutes.

It's also a lot nicer once Wifi and he phone can be enabled simultaneously.
    www.bradleyjacobs.com

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. -- Frank Zappa

Get Cingular....

They don't lock their phones up....

Peace,

Rafster
    Post # 3000

Comment

so.....did verizon help you pay for this phone, since they ****ed up the other one?
      PC Components:
      Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
      My work log

Comment

Originally posted by Rafster
        Get Cingular....

They don't lock their phones up....

Peace,

Rafster

Cingular sucks where I live. It won't pick up at all. Verizon is the ONLY carrier that works in my area. Anyway, there's plenty of info on the web about how to unlock the features.

Originally posted by Peoples
        so.....did verizon help you pay for this phone, since they ****ed up the other one?
        No, they ordered a replacement exactly like my other phone. It just hasn't come in yet. So I took the opportunity and got a new toy.
        www.bradleyjacobs.com

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. -- Frank Zappa

Comment

this link has software for doing wifi and cellular at the same time

http://www.avocadosoftware.com/csblo...USB_MODEM.aspx
          B Smoov
          Project Status: 90% Complete

Next Step: TIVO for Radio

Ampie Case :: MII10000 Mobo :: M1-ATX PSU :: 512MB RAM :: 2.5" HD, 60GB, 5400rpm, 16MB Buffer :: DWW-700H :: Centrafuse

Comment

Working...
          X