Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Starter Install

Any one tackeled this project?
    I am thinking about getting a automatic car starter and I'm wondering how involved the install process is?
    [SIZE=1]'91 Nissan Stanza

[XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX] XX% Completed -
    Car Totaled and i bought a 20G mp3 player

http://machs-fuel.tk
    a DIY video projector page

I wouldn't try it,leave it up to the pros.

Comment

i would also say leave it to the pros. you need to have some electrical experience and you are also tapping into the starter. ive done everything DIY on my car, but that would be one thing i wouldnt do.
      2004 F-150
      Shuttle XPC, 80gig HD, Wireless Internet, DVD
      "How piMP3d is your ride??"

Comment

Yea I had one installed in my car along with a alarm. The manual had directions but they were latin to me. It is a difficult thing to do. I took it to a car shop and it took them like 7 hours to install, and $250. You mess up and it will cost you alot more than that to replace the starter.
        http://www.mp3car.com/usersites/Maveric/ M.A.V.I.C. System
        Asus MB, PII 266, 192 MB Ram, 6.8" LCD, 6 Disk CD-ROM, 21 Gig HD, All-in-Wonder Video w/ TV Tuner, Irman, Windows ME, Winamp, Cobra III -- All in a custom acrylic case.

http://www.mp3car.com/usersites/listings/ MP3car Listings - Please add to it! :)

Comment

If you can install a computer in the car, then you should be able to do this. It can't be that hard an install, especially if it comes with instructions. There's really nothing special about wiring up to the starter.
          Player: Pentium 166MMX, Amptron 598LMR MB w/onboard Sound, Video, LAN, 10.2 Gig Fujitsu Laptop HD, Arise 865 DC-DC Converter, Lexan Case, Custom Software w/Voice Interface, MS Access Based Playlists
          Car: 1986 Mazda RX-7 Turbo (highly modded), 1978 RX-7 Beater (Dead, parting out), 2001 Honda Insight
          "If one more body-kitted, cut-spring-lowered, farty-exhausted Civic revs on me at an intersection, I swear I'm going to get out of my car and cram their ridiculous double-decker aluminium wing firmly up their rump."

Comment

yea go for it.. its easy as hell, i did it to my car. all you have to tap into is the starter, accessory, and ignition wires (along with a good ground and maybe parking lights and some other small stuff). Most companies will tell you what colors the wires are and where they're located so that just makes it a ton easier. go for it, my remote starter kicks ***..

jason

Comment

This guy says you might screw up your car

Careful, "maim or injure yourself" sayeth the guy at http://automatic-car-starter.com http://automatic-car-starter.com

Comment

Originally posted by infrared View Post
                yea go for it.. its easy as hell, i did it to my car. all you have to tap into is the starter, accessory, and ignition wires (along with a good ground and maybe parking lights and some other small stuff). Most companies will tell you what colors the wires are and where they're located so that just makes it a ton easier. go for it, my remote starter kicks ***..

jason
                I think he's talking about his starter not an alarm/remote start. I thought he was talking about alarm at first too.

Comment

Well he said automatic car starter... I sure hope his car doesn't have one of those cranks on the front of it!
                  Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
                  1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
                  30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
                  15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
                  Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

But I would say go for it. When I installed mine, it was the first thing I did to my car myself. Almost screwed up, I did activate a anti-theft feature of my car by cutting the wrong wire, but I learnt from it, and it works great. And it really isn't that hard once you know what you are doing.

Also, most places (at least around here) dont install 3rd party equiptment, so ontop of their huge install fee, you have to buy one of their extremely marked up systems too. Big waste of money. Go Ebay!!!
                    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more

Comment

Oh, in that case... It's easy. Do it yourself?

Comment

6 year old thread.

Comment

Originally posted by kevinlekiller View Post
                          6 year old thread.
                          I didn't even notice that.

I saw the vertical stick, it looked like a 7 at a glance. I cant be bothered to read!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kevinlekiller View Post
                            6 year old thread.
                            Wonder id Machs_Fuel installed it himself?
                            AtmosUSA.biz, E-Cig Mods
                            "A great smoking alternative"

Comment

lol wow, talk about bringing a thread back from the dead.. lol

but yeah, they're easy as hell to install (even on manual trannys (but I plead the fifth))... and install shops... quality depends on the shop you go to

Comment

Working...
                              X