Need Computer Opinions and Reccomendations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Computer Opinions and Reccomendations

I need help guys. I want to buy a new computer for work. Its mainly for the servailance system. I have 2 4port real time pci cards for the dvr for the cameras. The current system is a comcrap sempron 3000+ , i checked the task manager and the DIGINET program, used for the surveilance, uses about 99 percent of the cpu all the time. When i try to go back and review the cameras sometimes it freezes the computer and i have to reboot. I dont think this is stable enough, im only running 4 cameras now but im going to add another 4 for a total of 8. OK now to the part where i need your help. I need a good motherboard and proccessor to run this system. I was thinking pentium d or amd 64 3700+ or something of that sort. i want a small motherboard like a micro atx with all pci slots. i dont need agp or pci-e, onboard sound and video should do. Any reccomendations? Im not trying to spend alot because its for work, the case doesnt even need to be fancy, but i need something reliable..very reliable! Reccomendations and links guys? Thanks!
    i got dat ***** sittin on 22s! SUPERMAN EDITION!

I"d check over at cocoontech.com - that's probably one of the biggest HomeAutomation sites out there. Surveillance is square in their targets, and what you're doing is exactly what they live for. There's even an entire forum dedicated to security.
    Last updated 4/11/06 - My personal website with my slick integrated HTPC GUI and HA System
    My HA/HT blog

Comment

Originally posted by EsKALad
      I need help guys. I want to buy a new computer for work. Its mainly for the servailance system. I have 2 4port real time pci cards for the dvr for the cameras. The current system is a comcrap sempron 3000+ , i checked the task manager and the DIGINET program, used for the surveilance, uses about 99 percent of the cpu all the time. When i try to go back and review the cameras sometimes it freezes the computer and i have to reboot. I dont think this is stable enough, im only running 4 cameras now but im going to add another 4 for a total of 8. OK now to the part where i need your help. I need a good motherboard and proccessor to run this system. I was thinking pentium d or amd 64 3700+ or something of that sort. i want a small motherboard like a micro atx with all pci slots. i dont need agp or pci-e, onboard sound and video should do. Any reccomendations? Im not trying to spend alot because its for work, the case doesnt even need to be fancy, but i need something reliable..very reliable! Reccomendations and links guys? Thanks!

dual CPU - xeons

Comment

go the FREE route first... before spending money on the computer, look at the minimum requirements for the software/dvr/camera package your running on it. I dont know of any program that uses 99% of the cpu cycles all the time unless your system is waaaay under rated, at which point I'd have to agree w/ the post above me.. dual xeon's, I assume you write to the hard drive w/ the cameras so I'd say Scsi, raid5 configuration too... none of which is going to be cheap.
        Sell me your stuff.. please see what i'm looking to buy
        http://mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=75182

Comment

Working...
        X