confuscious say...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• confuscious say...

Never drive at night, in an old beatup Manual shift truck. Especially to your local mall.
    I swear, I had ricers swarming on me.
    They were like freakin nats. And no one is curtious to Stick shift drivers. I pulled up to a stop light on a hill, some guy in a huge *** Dualie Truck got like 2 inches behind me. Then he started honking cause I was being slow to go, because I didn't want to role back and hit him! Jackass!

Anyways, I went to the petsmart with my sister, and got her 2 Glass fish (clear with a neon back) and 2 cool looking Guppies.

She's happy, and now she's scared to ride in the truck with me too, which is good.

And, Stupid me, drove all the way home (10 miles) with the parking brake on. I stopped at a light, and I saw smoke, and I figured it was someone else. I got home, and the smell was terrible. So I took it out on a back road for 10 minutes at about 20mph to cool the brakes off.
    Clarion 200watt head unit w/ Aux in.
    Kicker 800watt 4 channel amp
    In a 96 Grand Prix SE.

Originally posted by lstrunk:
    <STRONG>And, Stupid me, drove all the way home (10 miles) with the parking brake on. I stopped at a light, and I saw smoke, and I figured it was someone else. I got home, and the smell was terrible. So I took it out on a back road for 10 minutes at about 20mph to cool the brakes off.</STRONG>
    Hope you didn't try to race anyone off at the lights.. :P he he...

Comment

Keep trying with the shift stick, when you get the hang of them you'll find you'll accelerate away alot faster than those automatics.

Also cheek your brakes, to see if there all glazed up, you might have to replace the pads, or hardstops may not be possible.

Rob
      And you say people actually pay money for M$ Windows?
      www.mp3mini.co.uk (Does what it says on the URL) www.openclassic.co.uk (The new car, with zero rust!) www.rob-web.co.uk (My other site)
      Total re-design underway: on the whole progress is very slow as the car is taking up too much time :)

Comment

Ugh, ricers. Don't even get me started. I remember when I was test driving my first RX-7...It was the first time I had driven standard for any length of time by myself. There is a rather steep hill a few blocks from my house, with a red light at the top. Just my luck, I had to stop at the light. I was first in line. A lady pulled behind me, literally 3 CM from my rear bumper. I got out of the car, and went to hers and explained the situation. Her response was "f**k you". Nice lady.

So I got back into my (or soon to be my) car and waited for the light to change. As soon as it turned red, I floored the gas and dumped the clutch. Lit both back tires and coverd the lady's car in smoke and dust. Took off like hell from the light.

Funny thing is, my mechanic is right accross the street, and they saw the whole thing...

Basically, you've got to remember that 95% of people drive automatic, and really don't even know that standard cars still exhist. I don't roll back anymore (never really did more than a few inches or so), but I still stop with plenty of space in front of me so that I can move up as necessary.

Also, like most RX-7s, my car runs rich. Since I have an open exhaust, when you floor the gas then let off, you get a wonderful "bang!" and dual flames 2 feet out the back. Doing that at a tailgater generally causes them to move back a few car lengths.
        Player: Pentium 166MMX, Amptron 598LMR MB w/onboard Sound, Video, LAN, 10.2 Gig Fujitsu Laptop HD, Arise 865 DC-DC Converter, Lexan Case, Custom Software w/Voice Interface, MS Access Based Playlists
        Car: 1986 Mazda RX-7 Turbo (highly modded), 1978 RX-7 Beater (Dead, parting out), 2001 Honda Insight
        "If one more body-kitted, cut-spring-lowered, farty-exhausted Civic revs on me at an intersection, I swear I'm going to get out of my car and cram their ridiculous double-decker aluminium wing firmly up their rump."

Comment

I can keep from rolling back, but I have to go slow on lifting the clutch. I think its because its just an old crappy truck.
          And, 2nd and 4th gears are way to close together. When I shift from 2nd to 3rd I have no problem getting it into gear, but from 3rd to 4th, I keep going into 2nd.
          Probably because its been used as a work truck for years, the odemeter has rolled over twice, and its been used to pull all kinds of trailers and stuff.
          Clarion 200watt head unit w/ Aux in.
          Kicker 800watt 4 channel amp
          In a 96 Grand Prix SE.

Comment

I love ricers...and my stick shift. I love to pull up so my diesel exhaust is right next to their window...that they have down so that everyone can hear their tunes. Then I blow them off the line and when my turbo kicks in as shift to third they move behind a bit, of course I am smarter than them and stay near the speed limit, so when I throttle back then they go flying past me...like they have accomplished something. Tee hee.

yup 0-60 in 24 seconds...with 6000# of cargo behind my 6500# truck.

So when it is light it is over powered.
            current projects

Comment

Working...
            X