Window tinting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window tinting

Anyone know how dark window tinting that has 24% light transmission? It seems like it would be really dark.

Tom

i was under the empression that the lower the percent the darker it is. but this is just a guess!!
    145db

2 x 12" mtx 6000
    mtx 500D 775w amp
    Crossover
    PII 366mhz
    64meg ram
    250w ps
    300w dc/ac inverter
    kdc 7011 kenwood headset
    aux adapter
    keypad
    45 sec boot
    3 sec shutdown
    10.4 NEC lcd (need controller)

Comment

Yes, lower percent is darker in Virginia 35% is legal for the drivers and passenger sides, %50 for the rear window. The car my gf is thinking about buying is %25 all the way around and it is very tough to see in. Although the guy says he has gotten a ticket for it.
      Car: 1999 Dark Green Mustang GT Coupe
      Audio: Alpine HU, JL 6ch Amp, JL Stealthbox and XR series components.
      Player: Empeg for now; something custom later.
      www.neotechpc.com - Custom built laptops!

Comment

Here in Australia, 35% all around is the legal limit. Most shops will do 20% if you sign the warranty card that states that it is not for road use. (Yeah right!)
        I have 20% on the front windows of my wagon, and 5% on the rears. Thats just about Black.

One thing to remember tho, is that the colour of your seats will have a bearing on how dark the film looks. Grey or black seats make 35% look like 20% on a car with light coloured seats.
        Also fitting 20% to the rear window only also makes the rest of the tint look darker, as there is not as much light entering the rear of the vehicle.

Just some mindless thoughts on the subject.

Comment

I have never had a problem with tint. and I have tint on tinted windows, but the driver and passenger windows are less tinted than the back windows.

The sticker on the side windows reads.
          VLT>35
          REFL<20
          current projects

Comment

12% all around except windsheild on my last T-Bird (R.I.P.) never got bothered in MASS and you couldn't see who was in the front seats thru the windshield during the day
            If you come out talking sh1t don't try to turn around and wipe you azz.

Comment

I have 35% on my rear windows and that looks pretty much factory, which was what i was going for. When you get tint, make sure the place has guarantees against a.)bubbling b.)fading c.)purpling. I have SunGuard (i think thats the spelling) and its awesome stuff, and i had it professionally done (only way to go). The stuff they sell in stores fades and purples, and unless you know how to do it like the pro's, its gonna bubble and look like crap.

[ 01-22-2002: Message edited by: RaZor ]
              2004 F-150
              Shuttle XPC, 80gig HD, Wireless Internet, DVD
              "How piMP3d is your ride??"

Comment

hey, if any of you live near northwest indiana like i do. Or your willing to drive here you gota go to this place. Not sure what its called. but i'm guna find out. its in gary indiana. and if you know anything bout gary. u'd know you dont wana go there at night! like the murder capital of the world. ummm, they have a window tinting place that will do any tint you want the entire car for really really cheap. and they 100% guarantee the work. so like if a cop rips it off, they'll put it back on for free!!!!!!

i'm guna go there this summer, and get my rizide dun!
                145db

2 x 12" mtx 6000
                mtx 500D 775w amp
                Crossover
                PII 366mhz
                64meg ram
                250w ps
                300w dc/ac inverter
                kdc 7011 kenwood headset
                aux adapter
                keypad
                45 sec boot
                3 sec shutdown
                10.4 NEC lcd (need controller)

Comment

how much does tinting cost? i am thinking about doing it to my stang.
                  Car: 1999 Dark Green Mustang GT Coupe
                  Audio: Alpine HU, JL 6ch Amp, JL Stealthbox and XR series components.
                  Player: Empeg for now; something custom later.
                  www.neotechpc.com - Custom built laptops!

Comment

Oh yes and please don't get the purple stuff...it looks so cheap (unless you have a purple themed car)

I don't know what the stuff on my truck is but it has more of a brown tint rather than purple...it just looks dark, doesn't really give a tint.

No I don't know what type it is...on the truck before I got it.
                    current projects

Comment

Working...
                    X