best antivirus?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best antivirus?

what do you guys think is the best antivirus software? thanks,
    "if everything is under control, you're not going fast enough!"

Norton Antivirus 2001/2002. with Liveupdate, works a treat.
    Project - GAME OVER :(

Personally I like AVP

And you say people actually pay money for M$ Windows? (Does what it says on the URL) (The new car, with zero rust!) (My other site)
      Total re-design underway: on the whole progress is very slow as the car is taking up too much time :)

norton all the way.

Back in the days of the 200mmx machines, I found Norton to be a bit of a system hog. McAfee was much faster.

But I use Norton now, so I guess my advice is a little dated...

CarPC Stolen. Starting over.
          Ne1 recognize the avatar?

I have McAfee up and running here. No problems. They have an update button you just click. I think the latest version is automatic now.

Basically, there is no best one. They all do the same. And they all eat up resources.

I'd go with whatever is cheapest.
            I'm a me if you have any questions on my old setup

My way outdated website:

FYI: I sold my 96 4Runner and bought a 1985

AVG 6.0, available for free at
              Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
              Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
              I'M DEBT FREE!!
              I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Norton Antivirus all the way! I had too many problems with McAfee and have been using NAV for about 4 years now. I transfer about 60GB of data over the internet a month and have never had a virus. Automatic virus definition updates are the best!
       M.A.V.I.C. System
                Asus MB, PII 266, 192 MB Ram, 6.8" LCD, 6 Disk CD-ROM, 21 Gig HD, All-in-Wonder Video w/ TV Tuner, Irman, Windows ME, Winamp, Cobra III -- All in a custom acrylic case.

MP3car Listings - Please add to it! :)

Norton AntiVirus. I prefer the corporate edition (just plain wicked software), but that's a little steep for home use. 2001 or 2002 will do fine for home users.
                  Player: Pentium 166MMX, Amptron 598LMR MB w/onboard Sound, Video, LAN, 10.2 Gig Fujitsu Laptop HD, Arise 865 DC-DC Converter, Lexan Case, Custom Software w/Voice Interface, MS Access Based Playlists
                  Car: 1986 Mazda RX-7 Turbo (highly modded), 1978 RX-7 Beater (Dead, parting out), 2001 Honda Insight
                  "If one more body-kitted, cut-spring-lowered, farty-exhausted Civic revs on me at an intersection, I swear I'm going to get out of my car and cram their ridiculous double-decker aluminium wing firmly up their rump."

i dont like the way nortan takes over your computer even when i disable all these auto scan stuff it still pops ups and scans your hdd when it feels like and moves all my files into quarinteen so i cant find em and then i uninstalled it and couldnt get files back. i think i installed system works 2002 and that takes over recyle bin and windows defrag aswell.

basically i didnt know how to use it properly, but id prefere i simple antiviral prog that i could just run now and then at my desire. i dont use one anymore.

Officescan from Trend Micro the best there is.
                      2004 F350 Ext. Cab
                      System not reinstalled in it yet

I use NAV 2002 and NIS 2002, works pretty good and Liveupdate is great. I think AVP is probably a bit "better" in terms of finding trojans and such. Haven't used it in a year or two though.
                        IEI PSB-4710, 1.5Ghz P4, 1GB RAM, 120GB HDD, Lilliput 8" TS, M2-ATX, BU-353,
                        Ikey SL75 keyboard, BT Mini Keyboard, WLAN, EVDO, IC-PCR100 (AM/FM/VHF), HQCT, Centrafuse 1.6...

well i decided on NAV 2002 and am rather satisfied. it caugh the virus i tried to send my machine as a test, and it even found a virus i had on my machine that i was unaware of. thanks for all your opinions!
                          "if everything is under control, you're not going fast enough!"