the wrong side of the road....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the wrong side of the road....

For all you crazy people who have your steering wheels on the wrong side of the car, ive been wondering, which foot do you use with the clutch? is that reversed too?
    Car: 1999 Dark Green Mustang GT Coupe
    Audio: Alpine HU, JL 6ch Amp, JL Stealthbox and XR series components.
    Player: Empeg for now; something custom later.
    www.neotechpc.com - Custom built laptops!

Originally posted by smashr2k:
    <STRONG>For all you crazy people who have your steering wheels on the wrong side of the car, ive been wondering, which foot do you use with the clutch? is that reversed too?</STRONG>
    left foot for the clutch...... not sure if thats reveresed for you? but it answers your question...
    Project - GAME OVER :(

Comment

For all you crazy people who have your steering wheels on the wrong side of the car
      No we have the steering wheels on the right side of the car, literally.

Out of interest, I take it the clutch is still worked but the left foot in the US, I've only driven automatics out there, right foot for every thing, with the odd bit of rally style braking, just to keep the left amused.
      And you say people actually pay money for M$ Windows?
      www.mp3mini.co.uk (Does what it says on the URL) www.openclassic.co.uk (The new car, with zero rust!) www.rob-web.co.uk (My other site)
      Total re-design underway: on the whole progress is very slow as the car is taking up too much time :)

Comment

okay, yea, the clutch is on the left here too... i saw a picture of (a rice rocket in japan of all things) and the clutch was sorta ambiguous so i kinda wondered....
        Car: 1999 Dark Green Mustang GT Coupe
        Audio: Alpine HU, JL 6ch Amp, JL Stealthbox and XR series components.
        Player: Empeg for now; something custom later.
        www.neotechpc.com - Custom built laptops!

Comment

What bugs the hell out of me is this. If I were going to be driving on the left side of the road, then I would want the steering wheel to be on the left side also!!!! WHY? Because when you park at a curb your door would be at the curb you wouldn't have worry about getting out in traffic. Would make easy to find mail cars too! (Some automotive designers are stupid. Okay, All.)

--Ashlawn Kemling

Comment

And of course exactly the same argument can be applied to driving on the right hand side...!

This site is interesting, for reasons of which side people drive on:
            http://www.travel-library.com/genera...hich_side.html

Rob
            Old Systems retired due to new car
            New system at design/prototype stage on BeagleBoard.

Comment

Historical Note

The reason some countries drive on the left, is because they used to walk / ride on the left obviously. However this was done for a reason, if you saw the enemy coming to towards you, you could draw you sword with you right hand (presumming you're right handed) and attack.

Think about where you are and where the enemy is, and try it the otherway around, you'll probably die.

And to think it's been six year since I last went to a history lesson.

Rob
              And you say people actually pay money for M$ Windows?
              www.mp3mini.co.uk (Does what it says on the URL) www.openclassic.co.uk (The new car, with zero rust!) www.rob-web.co.uk (My other site)
              Total re-design underway: on the whole progress is very slow as the car is taking up too much time :)

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Withey:
                <STRONG>And of course exactly the same argument can be applied to driving on the right hand side...!

This site is interesting, for reasons of which side people drive on:
                http://www.travel-library.com/genera...hich_side.html </STRONG>
                That was acutally quite interesting
                www.arbybean.com

Comment

Link answered my question about the Eurotunnel. I wonder how that worked. Maybe one I will get to see myself.
                  ODYSSEY

Originally posted by Tidder
                  Hey, as long as it's not any particular race I'm offending, I can stand to be a pedophile.
                  All information expressed in this post is my opinion, and should not be regarded as a statement of fact.
                  Digital-Car UK|

(\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                  X