X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fight for Digital Rights - Broadcast Flag For Audio in USA

Have you guys seen this?

From Cnet March 2, 2006
    Digital radio receivers without government-approved copy-prevention technology likely would become illegal to sell in the future, according to new federal legislation announced Thursday.

Congress raises broadcast flag for audio
    http://news.com.com/Congress+raises+...3-6045225.html

I think it might be worth while to use some MP3car Grass roots muscle to help shut down this bill. Any opinions?

is this only in america?
    CarPC status: iPod, 3,456,217 songs so **** you

Comment

Originally posted by Motoko
      is this only in america?
      I would imagine that if the USA adopts this other markets will quickly follow suite.

Comment

I'm down. Although Congress also wants to shut down grassroots-type activities.

I hate Congress.
        Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

Originally posted by tj!2k4
          I'm down. Although Congress also wants to shut down grassroots-type activities.

I hate Congress.
          I am debating what the best plan of action is. E-mail and phone campaigns? I am going to read more about this soon.

Comment

This is crap. Those guys need to get out of the business of regulating stuff they have no hope of understanding. DRM penalizes people who OBEY the law, not people that break it.

I am so tired of this crap that I could do with a nice dose of activism. Not that I feel strongly about the issue...
            Originally posted by ghettocruzer
            I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
            Want to:
            -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
            -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Doesn't look like it will actually work out.

Besides, how is this any different than things like the new napster, in a sense... there will ALWAYS be a way around it.... I wouldn't stress it too much.

For instance (since we use carputers) - what if we had real-time software that took the "copy prevention" stream and just recorded it as non-copyright protected - much like TuneBite but real time.

Wouldn't be difficult to do. Again, why stress it, not a big issue.

Comment

right, you could do that. but you would also be committing a crime. does that seem right? not to me.

why don't you just let them march you into the fema camps now?
                Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

Working...
                X