If you have ever seen the Movie Runaway

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you have ever seen the Movie Runaway

for those of us old enough back in the mid 80's there was a movie called runaway. Starred Tom selleck and of all people Gene Simons of Kiss fame.

Anyways Tom played the leader of a team in the future that would hunt down robots that had gone "postal" (since in the future everyone has robots) So anyway Gene plays a robot gone mad that creates these spider bot things that could climb walls and would spit acid or electrocute people........which brings us to this.............................

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JzfP0Ig7e...imbing%20robot

Picture for refrence of the robot bugs from the movie.........they look almost to much alike

Also for people that have not seen the movie....the bad *** looking gun Tom is holding fires "smart bullets" that have fins and can steer around corners.......basically name your target point in the general direction and fire......

oh yeah! i remember that movie!

that video is pretty wild.. wonder how they make it "stick" to teh walls
    Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

it says its feet are changable between "micro claws" and some sort of sticky feet.....

I am guessing the micro claws work like the hair on a spiders feet allowing to grab into stuff like the brick wall (wich was the must impressive part of the video to me)

Comment

Originally posted by Techoverload
        for those of us old enough back in the mid 80's there was a movie called runaway. Starred Tom selleck and of all people Gene Simons of Kiss fame.

Anyways Tom played the leader of a team in the future that would hunt down robots that had gone "postal" (since in the future everyone has robots) So anyway Gene plays a robot gone mad that creates these spider bot things that could climb walls and would spit acid or electrocute people........which brings us to this.............................
        I have seen it a few times - I dont remember Gene being a robot,
        but its been a long time - cool movie tho

Comment

You may be right....upon thinking back (I havn't seen this movie in probably 10+ years) I don't think the simmons character was a robot, he was just a mad scientist gone homicidle

Comment

Originally posted by Techoverload
            You may be right....upon thinking back (I havn't seen this movie in probably 10+ years) I don't think the simmons character was a robot, he was just a mad scientist gone homicidle
            yea I was thinking he was a terrorist or supervillian/mad scientist

but about all I remember is that dorkey maid/robot, that gun,
            that little RC car bomb on the freeway, and the end at the
            construction site - I never knew it was Gene Simmons
            - And my dad is a Kiss Fan -

Comment

Working...
            X