Digital Audio Processors?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Audio Processors?

My shuttle has beautiful sound on its nVidia nForce SoundStorm 5.1DTS Onboard Processor through its 6 channel outputs on the back of the motherboard. But I have the option of Optical Outputs and I'd rather use those, and hook it up to a Audio Processor. I know Pioneer makes one that has its own onboard amp, and preamp outputs. But what other companies are out there? Maybe one that doesn't have an onboard amp, I prefer to have something that isn't only being used halfway because I dont have any use for half of it. If you know what I mean. If I buy the Pioneer one for almost 400 bucks, I'm paying for something I wont be using, the amplifier.

I have 2 sets of Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.5" Component Speaker Systems and 4 Kappa Perfect 12" DVC Subs that are sitting in my clothset, I'm sure you know this setup is going to rock, even without the subs connected, so I'd like to get the BEST out of my speakers and I know a processor will be the answer.

Here's the link to the Pioneer one, If you know any others, link them for me please!

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...etailComponent
    1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T
    ABIT NF-M2 nView | AMD Athlon64 FX62 Windsor | nVidia GeForce 6150 | Realtek ALC883 7.1DTS | Vista x64
    RF Power T162S | RF Power T162S | 2x RF Power T212D2 | RF Power T8004 | RF Power T20001bd | RF 3SIXTY.2

oops, can this please be moved to car audio, I didn't see it when I was looking for some place to post this.
    ABIT NF-M2 nView | AMD Athlon64 FX62 Windsor | nVidia GeForce 6150 | Realtek ALC883 7.1DTS | Vista x64
    RF Power T162S | RF Power T162S | 2x RF Power T212D2 | RF Power T8004 | RF Power T20001bd | RF 3SIXTY.2

Comment

well. theres the pioneer, the alpine, the clarion, the panasonic, the eclipse, the sony, and the kenwood... to name the major ones.

Some don't have SPDIF input. But they might have toslink.

Panasonic - has toslink, tested and works.

pioneer - toslink

Clarion - optical toslink cable is proprietory. optical to digital conversion is done in the ends of the cable. you must hack a clarion optical source unit (or changer) for its sender. Otherwise, tested and works.

Kenwood - digital input but proprietory cable. not tested

Alpine - has digital input, but expensive package - tested sounds great

eclipse, dont know.

sony, don't know.

The pioneer one seems pretty nice. It seems there isn't a very big difference in features between the models, but big differences in control and other input/output combos. The alpine one connects to its nav system to automatically mix directions, the kenwood one does also. the alpine one also has a mic that you plug in and it sets all the proper time correction settings.

good luck. I think the pioneer or panasonic will be your best bets as theyre relatively cheap, plentiful, and the connection will be easy.

Comment

I can't find any info on any of these except the Eclipse a little, the Alpine in the middle and the Pioneer with the most info. The rest, I can't find anything on.

Comment

Working...
        X