Fast music kills...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast music kills...

Thought everyone might be interested in what the scientists have to say...

http://www.newscientist.com/news/news.jsp?id=ns99992032
    -------
    bum. broke it.

Makese sense to me, though I think we need to worry more about cell phones then music. At least you can listen to "fast" music with both hands on the wheel.
    Player: Pentium 166MMX, Amptron 598LMR MB w/onboard Sound, Video, LAN, 10.2 Gig Fujitsu Laptop HD, Arise 865 DC-DC Converter, Lexan Case, Custom Software w/Voice Interface, MS Access Based Playlists
    Car: 1986 Mazda RX-7 Turbo (highly modded), 1978 RX-7 Beater (Dead, parting out), 2001 Honda Insight
    "If one more body-kitted, cut-spring-lowered, farty-exhausted Civic revs on me at an intersection, I swear I'm going to get out of my car and cram their ridiculous double-decker aluminium wing firmly up their rump."

Comment

Hehehe, doesnt surprise me one bit. The music that I'm listening to totally plays into how fast im moving (drum & bass on the way into work this morning, zoom zoom ).
      -Nick

Comment

So wait... does that mean we'll go backwards if we rewind the song?

Comment

man... im so gonna die...

trance, techno, punk... im doomed.
          i guess the only thing saving me is the 80's hair metal i occasionally throw in!!!

~mike
          Single Member of the "1000 Post and No MP3 Car" Club
          PROJECT ON INDEFINATE HOLD... BOUGHT A HOUSE
          2000 Cavalier Z24 [###-------] Only 30% Done ... Still

Comment

Give me strength!!!! what a load of BS!

Altho 'Cosmic Girl' from Jamariqui always makes me drive a bit harder.... it had that unreal video clip with all sports cars driving crazy thru the hills.....!
            Project - GAME OVER :(

Comment

How does racing against a record effect fit in with this theory. I will get to the pub in less time than it takes paradise city!

Rob
              And you say people actually pay money for M$ Windows?
              www.mp3mini.co.uk (Does what it says on the URL) www.openclassic.co.uk (The new car, with zero rust!) www.rob-web.co.uk (My other site)
              Total re-design underway: on the whole progress is very slow as the car is taking up too much time :)

Comment

Did you hear about that 120 car pileup in Georgia recently? It was due to fog - so we should make a law requiring every car to come equiped with a super expensive infrared vision system!

How about mandatory governors on all engines limiting cars to a max of 65mph? That would certainly be safe!

Shoot... Limiting rights of people isn't the answer. I use a cell phone all the time, but I do it safely! I simply take a quick message and call them back when I'm pulled over. Anyone who calls you will understand that.
                My solution is simple - Kill all the stupid people.

(and use kittens for hamburgers)
                http://www.jeepmp3.com/
                CarPC Stolen. Starting over.
                Ne1 recognize the avatar?

Comment

Working...
                X