No announcement yet.

Want to know your car's HP & Torque ???

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to know your car's HP & Torque ???

While I was surfing the web, I came across this site

With This software, 2 pieces of resistor/coil and a laptop, you're able to measure your car's HP and Torque...

Check it out at

Raas - The Netherlands
    ME: VIA epia m10000, lilliput 7', opus 150w, 80gb<br>
    GF: IBM Thinkpad 380, ext. 3.5 80gb, 40x4, PB-IR

Cool. Just bookmarked and I will take a closer look when I have some time...
    Player: Pentium 166MMX, Amptron 598LMR MB w/onboard Sound, Video, LAN, 10.2 Gig Fujitsu Laptop HD, Arise 865 DC-DC Converter, Lexan Case, Custom Software w/Voice Interface, MS Access Based Playlists
    Car: 1986 Mazda RX-7 Turbo (highly modded), 1978 RX-7 Beater (Dead, parting out), 2001 Honda Insight
    "If one more body-kitted, cut-spring-lowered, farty-exhausted Civic revs on me at an intersection, I swear I'm going to get out of my car and cram their ridiculous double-decker aluminium wing firmly up their rump."

hehehe might be usefull to you when you have your turbo conversion ready !

Raas - The Netherlands
      ME: VIA epia m10000, lilliput 7', opus 150w, 80gb<br>
      GF: IBM Thinkpad 380, ext. 3.5 80gb, 40x4, PB-IR

hrmm, looks interesting, although i am not sure if i understand what the voltage divider is for and where you hook it up to..
        Car: 1999 Dark Green Mustang GT Coupe
        Audio: Alpine HU, JL 6ch Amp, JL Stealthbox and XR series components.
        Player: Empeg for now; something custom later. - Custom built laptops!

HOLY CRAP does this thing sound way!!!! inaccurate.

look at all the crap you have to enter:

(from website)
          First you will need to gather some info on your car, including:
          Vehicle weight
          Transmission gear ratios
          Rear gear ratio
          Frontal area
          Drag coefficient
          Tire diameter
          Tire pressure
          Frictional loss of drivetrain

weight, tire info....alright i can handle that, but who the hell is going to know the actual frontal area of their car, or for that matter the drag coefficient. i think this guy just made a program that crunches numbers based on an equation from a book he has. there is NO way you can tell your performance data by entering all that crap in yourself.

oh well....

Single Member of the "1000 Post and No MP3 Car" Club
          2000 Cavalier Z24 [###-------] Only 30% Done ... Still

Check this out...

Small (playing card sized) self contained accelerometer.

Does HP, 1/4th mi, 0-60mph, 60-0, and lat/long Gs.

I got one last year from my brother. Pretty neat but I haven't played with it too much. (Stopped going to the track + not too many good -uncrowded- driving roads around here.)

Met the developer a while back at a time-trial/racing club. Really funny cool guy.