Need Video (mpg) editing software...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Video (mpg) editing software...

Does anyone know of software to equalize the sound level of a group of videos? I have a bunch of music videos on my carPC and I constantly have to adjust the volume because some are recorded too softly and others are recorded too loudly.
    Also, I need a program that can chop videos. Just want to cut things like the first or last part off of movies. Like cutting cutting off the credits and such.
    Free or shareware would be preferred but I just need something that will work well.
    Thanks.
    Spent so far: $1,755
    Check Out My Work Log for Specs/Pics
    CarPC Progress[!!!!!!!!!!!!!!].....Installation[---------+].....Pastrami Progress[!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]
    Don't mess with Texas.
    It's not nice to pick on retards!

Tried Avisynth ?

Comment

VirtualDub might help you, and its free
      Remember AllAdvantage From 7 years ago? IT IS BACK! Now under a new name Agloco
      GET PAID TO SURF THE INTERNET

Comment

Checked those out and they seem not too novice friendly.

I can use Adobe Premier Pro on a friends laptop, but she doesn't know anything about it. Does anyone know that program, and would it be easy to do what I want to do?

Thanks again.
        CarPC Progress[!!!!!!!!!!!!!!].....Installation[---------+].....Pastrami Progress[!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]
        Don't mess with Texas.

Comment

Another one I used that you could try is AVS Video Tools and it is really easy to use. However if you don't want there logo flashing on your mpegs you need to purchase it.

Comment

premiere pro is definitly not novice friendly. try muvee, its easy and does cool stuff
            Kimi ga kawareba, Seikaimo kawaru!

Comment

premier is piece of cake... ull get it about half an hour...

for chopping just drag the clip to timeline and use that razorblade looking icon to crop parts off... about levels i dont remember is years ive used it... but i bet its rather intuitive.

Comment

Pinnacle studio is nice,

I have used both adobe premier and pinnacle studio plus. I didnt like the adobe, its one of those software where you have to read the manual just to do something simple.

I found studio plus pretty much self explanatory. Even my 70+ yo dad managed to make his own DVD, without a help from me or reading the manual

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSit...Studio+Family/

Comment

Originally posted by Chris31
                  I have used both adobe premier and pinnacle studio plus. I didnt like the adobe, its one of those software where you have to read the manual just to do something simple.
                  I seriously doubt... i dont think video editing can be much more simple than in premier...

Comment

So far AVS Tools has seemed the most promising for cropping the lengths of the videos, but I'm not sure if I want to pay $30 to be able to do that.
                    I worked with Premier for a while and it seems to have the features that I need, but the output file ended up being really choppy. The sound was fine but it looked like it was playing at half the framerate of the original. I will need more time to figure it out.
                    Don't mess with Texas.

Comment

Not sure if you know about this site but you can get a lot of help and it has tutorials on how to use several video editing programs.

http://www.videohelp.com

Maybe that will help you out some.

Comment

MPGs are usually muxed streams and cant be directly edited easily, though this isnt always the case.
                        (All done)
                        iPad Mini 128GB, RF 600.5 amp, JL12W0V2, 8 Infinity Components

Comment

Originally posted by P3rv3rt B3ar
                          I seriously doubt... i dont think video editing can be much more simple than in premier...

Funny you make that comment cause I have tried quite a few.

I have tried >>>

U-lead
                          Studio plus
                          Premier
                          and some other editing software, cant even remember it.

All I want to do is put clips together, insert a fade in fade out, and put in some text. Its a fairly simple task but studio plus seems to be the one that wanna work with me .

As for the original questions, just download a few editing software and see how you like it. And for **** sake, dont buy the software just because the expert say its good, true it may be good but you may not like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rundell
                            Not sure if you know about this site but you can get a lot of help and it has tutorials on how to use several video editing programs.

http://www.videohelp.com

Maybe that will help you out some.
                            Thanks for the link. Going through it right now.
                            Thanks to everyone that posted for your help. I have a ton of homework to do now!
                            Don't mess with Texas.

Comment

Success!!

From the videohelp link I found out about a program called Womble MPEG Video Wizard. It does both things I need (chopping and audio normalization) in an easy to understand and quick way. Takes about 2 minutes start to finish (including saving the new file) for each clip that I am editing (music videos mostly).
                              Now it is going to take me a few hours to go through all my videos (home and carPC) and edit/save them, but in the end I will have a collection of videos that all have the same sound levels and no stupid tags on them!!
                              Cheers fellas!
                              ed.
                              Don't mess with Texas.

Comment

Working...
                              X